Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: How would a junk food meal 1 hour before a super fight effect a fighters performa

I quite often get a headache after McDonalds etc. Not much nutrition in it. Can't be good for an athlete in the toughest sport.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: How would a junk food meal 1 hour before a super fight effect a fighters performa

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Lets just say for example................

A fighter - was gearing himself up for a mega World Unfication Title Fight.

All through the build up - he trained hard everyday - and got himself in super fit condition.

He lived on a decent diet throughout the weeks of training - (except for a few packets of monster munch everyday that he burned off in training) -

But on the day of the fight - more specifically the night of the fight..........

Lets just say the fighter - had not ate for hours - and the fight was approaching.

He leaves his hotel.

And climbs into the passenger seat of his trainers vauxhall people carrier.

the trainers son and his girlfriend are in the back seat - catching a free lift to the arena too - and to provide moral support - and look after the training bag in the back seat with the

gumshield
bandages
pads (to warm up)
shorts
boots
spare boxing gloves -
water bottle
first aid kit

the clock is ticking - there is just about a hour to go until MC Jimmy Lennon Jnr annoucnes the fighters location and name to the world in front of TV Cameras and a World wide TV Audience which will signal the fighters music then coming on and the cue for fighter is due to make his ring walk.

Just 1 hour away...............

As they set off - in this Vauxhall People -carrier - its now gone Midnight.

A conversation takes place - in the front eat - between trainer and fighter about ............

"feeling a bit peckish" - and "needing to get the energy levels up"

So they make the fateful decsion - of making a little D-Tour until they find a late night chip shop still open..............

They pull up and the trainers goes inside - and the trainer orders some stuff for himself - and for his fighter he orders...........

Steak and Kideny Pie
Meedium Chips
330ml Can of Dr Pepper

The next 10 minutes in the front seat - is spent scoffing and burping as the fighter - consumes his greasy meal..................he then slings the wrapper out the window because they are in such a rush to get to the arena on time.

Once in the arena - they quickly park up - get in the changing room and get changed and warm up on the pads...............

Before you know it - its time to fight.

But how would that greasy meal - consumed less than a hour before the fight - effect the fighters performance ?
It would leave them bloated and lethargic, effecting their overall performance in the ring. If you gorged a few hours before the fight it could give you stomach cramps aswell
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #18
westbo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

it would make your trainer appear to be one of the mario brothers.
westbo is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Can I get something straight though, did enzo actually eat that before the fight or is there some kind of long running joke I'm missing?
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Would the hypothetical fighter rub his hair with the greasy chip paper just before he got into the ring?
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Can I get something straight though, did enzo actually eat that before the fight or is there some kind of long running joke I'm missing?

He ate it.

Both Enzos did.

Its was one of the mistakes Enzo referred to looking back at the fight.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
He ate it.

Both Enzos did.

Its was one of the mistakes Enzo referred to looking back at the fight.
You got any quote's?.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

& think of all the salt they pile onto the chips in the chippy, instant dehydration. Would take more than a can of tizer to combat the salt alone, before we even start talking about the chips & pie & if Enzo had licked the wrapper as sometimes a hungry bloke can do when theres sauce on it, tongue hoovering up even more deadly salt before tossing it out of the motor= a recipe for disaster if you ask me...
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
You got any quote's?.
There might be some out there - not sure.

Check yourself.........

Google Key Words like : Enzo Maccarinelli Calzaghe Mickeys Fish Chip Bar London Vauxhall People Carrier Haye Fight.

I've never seen anything on the internet myself.

But I know many people around the South Wales area - who hear things - straight from the people themselves.

Its not the kind of excuse you openly shout about - because you look like a sore loser because it might sound quite silly to the public - like Haye and his sore toe.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
biglads
Climbing the WBO Rankings
ESB Senior Member

It could have been the two pickled eggs that were the 'tipping point'.
biglads is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #26
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
There might be some out there - not sure.

Check yourself.........

Google Key Words like : Enzo Maccarinelli Calzaghe Mickeys Fish Chip Bar London Vauxhall People Carrier Haye Fight.

I've never seen anything on the internet myself.

But I know many people around the South Wales area - who hear things - straight from the people themselves.

Its not the kind of excuse you openly shout about - because you look like a sore loser because it might sound quite silly to the public - like Haye and his sore toe.
Cheers Flint.

What Enzo was doing for the whole day that he couldn't eat?...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #27
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

It would give him a quick burst of power, a blast of energy, a usain bolt of quckness to help him KO his opponent(unconfirmed rumours have Breidis Prescott tucking into a haddock supper with gravy and extra tartar sauce, using a wooden spoon so as not to dirty his hand wraps barely 60minuts before dispatching amir khan.)
problem is, enzo wasted the energy hurtling towards the ring like a big welsh/Italian oadrunner, determined to set a new british record for the 60 yard dash.
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Cheers Flint.

What Enzo was doing for the whole day that he couldn't eat?...

Probaly stress mate.

Couped up in the hotel all day - knowing the hours are ticking down until the biggest fight of your life.

I think people tend to lose their appetite when they got worry on their mind.

Then panick at the last minute - realising he needs some hot tucker down his neck to boost the energy levels back up.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Probaly stress mate.

Couped up in the hotel all day - knowing the hours are ticking down until the biggest fight of your life.

I think people tend to lose their appetite when they got worry on their mind.

Then panick at the last minute - realising he needs some hot tucker down his neck to boost the energy levels back up.
Yeah good shout. Just shocked Enzo's was very professional after losing to Swaby. Always gel'd his hair like a true pro.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum