Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #91
woftam1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Trout-Mundine looking very likely

mate my face the next day certainly told me that I fought choc.

I have the photo with signed gloves on the wall

they look very nice
woftam1 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #92
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

I already said we'll agree to disagree on it. You won't convince me of anything else.

Geale has been underrated for many years, and in many respects he still is. I've seen him rise to the task on every occasion when doubters said no way. Just like you and plenty others are saying now.
I'm not really interested in, if fighter A beat fighter b, then fighter B, blah blah blah....
How many tipped Ali to beat Foreman?

I'm confident he will be ready when the time comes, Geale will beat Martinez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Sox if you remember correctly, I beat the drum of Daniel Geale loud and long prior to him going to Germany. (And what a good win it was )

I do however see sanity at look at things fairly objectionably and in no way, shape or form does Daniel beat Martinez.

Serious question Sox, how bad would have Martinez beat Sylvester? Seriously, take your nuthugging cap off and if your being fair dinkum, it wouldn't of went 6rds.

Daniel's win was a good, tradesman's like performance to beat Sylvester. Sylvester as a champion and Martinez as a champion are two far, far apart animals.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #93
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by woftam1 View Post
mate my face the next day certainly told me that I fought choc.

I have the photo with signed gloves on the wall

they look very nice

Good stuff

I was just busting chocs imaginary balls again.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #94
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Sox if you remember correctly, I beat the drum of Daniel Geale loud and long prior to him going to Germany. (And what a good win it was )

I do however see sanity at look at things fairly objectionably and in no way, shape or form does Daniel beat Martinez.

Serious question Sox, how bad would have Martinez beat Sylvester? Seriously, take your nuthugging cap off and if your being fair dinkum, it wouldn't of went 6rds.

Daniel's win was a good, tradesman's like performance to beat Sylvester. Sylvester as a champion and Martinez as a champion are two far, far apart animals.
Have to agree with Contendo...tho i wish Geale well in his endeavour to try.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #95
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Good stuff

I was just busting chocs imaginary balls again.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #96
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

True but Geale is improving with each fight. Martinez is P4P no.4 but he's getting on. Dzinzirik looked good in ROUND 7 won it clearly. He has weaknesses in a year or 2 if Daniel keeps his belt and keeps improving and Sergio declines a little who knows.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 AM   #97
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Too hypothetical talking 2yrs from now Stiflers.

I'm talking about right now where Sox is giving it the big ones telling us where all muppets because Geale will beat Martinez, blah, blah, blah.

What's your logic saying Dzinzirik won rd 7 clearly? Big deal, he got stopped next rd and was never a hope through any stage of the fight?

This is the fair dinkum department and being fair dinkum, Geale does not beat Martinez, anytime.

And no, I'm not hating on Daniel, I've been a supporter since day one and will continue to support him.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 AM   #98
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I already said we'll agree to disagree on it. You won't convince me of anything else.

Geale has been underrated for many years, and in many respects he still is. I've seen him rise to the task on every occasion when doubters said no way. Just like you and plenty others are saying now.
I'm not really interested in, if fighter A beat fighter b, then fighter B, blah blah blah....
How many tipped Ali to beat Foreman?

I'm confident he will be ready when the time comes, Geale will beat Martinez.

Couldn't have rose to the occassion too many times, he didn't beat Mundine? Your talking like he's had a career of epic proportions, "rising to the occassion", please...

Beat Karmazin and Sylvester convincingly and yes, I give big props -

Talking about smashing Martinez and your just dreaming.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #99
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Too hypothetical talking 2yrs from now Stiflers.

I'm talking about right now where Sox is giving it the big ones telling us where all muppets because Geale will beat Martinez, blah, blah, blah.

What's your logic saying Dzinzirik won rd 7 clearly? Big deal, he got stopped next rd and was never a hope through any stage of the fight?

This is the fair dinkum department and being fair dinkum, Geale does not beat Martinez, anytime.

And no, I'm not hating on Daniel, I've been a supporter since day one and will continue to support him.
I didn't say Geale would beat Martinez right now.
And calling you muppets is ****ing around, have you lost your sense of humour?

What I am saying is Geale will beat Martinez when they fight. I reckon that might be within 18 months.

If they were to fight right now, I believe Geale could give him a hard fight.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #100
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Couldn't have rose to the occassion too many times, he didn't beat Mundine? Your talking like he's had a career of epic proportions, "rising to the occassion", please...

Beat Karmazin and Sylvester convincingly and yes, I give big props -

Talking about smashing Martinez and your just dreaming.
What the **** are you on about?
He has risen to the occasion, Geale was a heavy underdog against Mandy, and lost a very controversial split decision. Many say he won.

He then belted everyone convincingly beyond that.

At what point did I say he'd smash Martinez?
I said Geale will beat him.

Do you have a problem with some one who has a different opinion to yourself?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #101
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No I don't have an issue with anyone having their opinion Sox, that's what makes a forum.

Now your saying 18 months he will beat him, and if it was now, he'd give only give him a good fight!

For the record, I don't think Daniel beats him at any stage. When you say he beat everyone since Mundine convincingly, can you please take into account, one was pure rubbish (Barbosa the Brazilian) and Kariuki who in my opinion is done. Yes, props for beating Karmazin and Sylvester. Karmazin obviously by TKO, Sylvester only on points so hardly taking the fight convincingly, again in my opinion.

This is only my 2c's worth, I personally think Daniel lacks world class power, you know genuine, one-punch KO stuff and I think Martinez who has this in spades would break Daniel down with it. I would hope to be proved wrong.

This is why I've consistently said I thought the Europe route of defences is Daniel's go, being that his style is very much their's and they appreciate that.

I still stand by my statements, he hasn't had too many 'occassions' you refer to that he's risen to in his career thus far. A couple of well placed wins don't make a career.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #102
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I didn't think he would beet Daniel Dawson to be honest.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #103
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=Sox;10190719]I didn't say Geale would beat Martinez right now.
And calling you muppets is ****ing around, have you lost your sense of humour?

Dear Mrs Sox Geale , Congratulations to both you and your little boy on his win in his recent tilt at a championship belt but please keep him away from that nasty Mr Martinez as I've seen Sergio fight before ,

Kind Regards
Worried Wales
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #104
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
No I don't have an issue with anyone having their opinion Sox, that's what makes a forum.

Now your saying 18 months he will beat him, and if it was now, he'd give only give him a good fight!

For the record, I don't think Daniel beats him at any stage. When you say he beat everyone since Mundine convincingly, can you please take into account, one was pure rubbish (Barbosa the Brazilian) and Kariuki who in my opinion is done. Yes, props for beating Karmazin and Sylvester. Karmazin obviously by TKO, Sylvester only on points so hardly taking the fight convincingly, again in my opinion.

This is only my 2c's worth, I personally think Daniel lacks world class power, you know genuine, one-punch KO stuff and I think Martinez who has this in spades would break Daniel down with it. I would hope to be proved wrong.

This is why I've consistently said I thought the Europe route of defences is Daniel's go, being that his style is very much their's and they appreciate that.

I still stand by my statements, he hasn't had too many 'occassions' you refer to that he's risen to in his career thus far. A couple of well placed wins don't make a career.
Remember a few posts back I said we'll agree to disagree......
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #105
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Dear Mrs Sox Geale , Congratulations to both you and your little boy on his win in his recent tilt at a championship belt but please keep him away from that nasty Mr Martinez as I've seen Sergio fight before ,

Kind Regards
Worried Wales
Thank you for your concern, Mr Wales, however my young boy has muscles on his muscles, eats his spinach 3 times a day, eats thunder and craps lightning, and can leap tall bulidings in a single bound.
My boy will knock that Serg fellows block off when the time comes.

All the best, Mrs Sox Geale.

Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum