Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #61
im2risky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: Pacquiao Beats Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
great point, but lequeen! just cant handle that. besides what the Lakers need most is a great point guard.
Hahaha! I feel ya homie. LA really hates him. I personally respect him though. I'd rather hang with him than Kobe. Same goes for Pac. I can't imagine chillin with the lights of Divas like Kobe and Floyd
im2risky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #62
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
Thats Great cause Most Professional Boxers Pick Floyd to win!
Boxers have a deeper understanding of the sweet science so I would guess that there are many who pick Floyd over PAC simply b/c it's more likely a pure boxer beats a brawler 9 times out of 10. But PAc is much more than a brawler and Floyd knows that. Which is why it's taken this long for him to come to the decision that he will fight Manny.

Actually.....Most who have spoken out on the match up, side with PAC. And most who side with PAC have greater reputations in the sport than the ones who are picking Floyd.

I'm picking PAC simply b/c it seems as though Floyd has some concern about what Manny brings to the table. But make no mistake about it......From a surface level Floyd should win and I would have picked him to win had it not been for all the telling signs that he wasn't sure of it. Floyd who lacks confidence is not the same Floyd whom we all expect to show up on fight night.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #63
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Boxers have a deeper understanding of the sweet science so I would guess that there are many who pick Floyd over PAC simply b/c it's more likely a pure boxer beats a brawler 9 times out of 10. But PAc is much more than a brawler and Floyd knows that. Which is why it's taken this long for him to come to the decision that he will fight Manny.

Actually.....Most who have spoken out on the match up side with PAC. And most who side with PAC have greater reputations in the sport than the ones who are picking Floyd.

I'm picking PAC simply b/c it seems as though Floyd has some concern about what Manny brings to the table. But make no mistake about it......From a surface level Floyd should win and I would have picked him to win had it not been for all the telling signs that he wasn't sure of it. Floyd who lacks confidence is not the same Floyd whom we all expect to show up on fight night.

One of the biggest bullshit post that have been made on ESb. Who the **** do you think you're fooling here? Most boxers big names, little names pick PBF to beat Pac and there have been several threads here posted about it. And it's one of the many reasons why PBF is the betting favorite in the fight. Try telling this bullshit to guys over at Pacland who will believe that shit, cuz around here we know better.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post

One of the biggest bullshit post that have been made on ESb. Who the **** do you think you're fooling here? Most boxers big names, little names pick PBF to beat Pac and there have been several threads here posted about it. And it's one of the many reasons why PBF is the betting favorite in the fight. Try telling this bullshit to guys over at Pacland who will believe that shit, cuz around here we know better.

I didn't say BIG NAMES kid... I said boxers with a stronger rep...meaning guys who have paid their dues and solidified their standing in boxing history... Guys like Ray Leonard, Hagler, Holy, Holmes, Foreman....among others.

Guys like Paulie, Kermit and Juan Diaz have sided or picked Floyd to win.... There are better boxers like JMM, DLH and Ricky Hatton who all picked Floyd as well but you get the point.

And I merely stated "THOSE WHO HAVE SPOKEN OUT ON THIS SUBJECT"....not ALL boxers in general. I have a feeling that when this fight gets closer to being made and more boxers talk about the outcome it will be a very close even split for both PAC and Floyd....maybe even a slight edge for Floyd given that the name of the game is "BOXING".

Relax....
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #65
FistsOfFury
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
Flomo- "Kobe is an Uncle Tom that dont know shit about baxing."
FistsOfFury is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #66
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Most boxers and experts picked DeLa Hoya to beat Pacquiao.
tarugojones is online now  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #67
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
Thats Great cause Most Professional Boxers Pick Floyd to win!
Fantasy or real fight?
tarugojones is online now  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #68
USboxer1981
The Real Def. MVP
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej1979 View Post
By the way, Manny beats Mayweather like David Haye "Knocks Wlad Klitshko the **** out".............

You know, it's a nice idea, and I can see the theory, but Mayweather is very much like Wlad in this equation.

Bigger, better, with all the advantages.

Truth is, he'd probably do something pretty similar to Manny as what Haye got.

Just shut him out
You're a joke if you actually believe Mayweather has all of the advantages .
USboxer1981 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #69
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I'd like to know what Manny does, if what he usually does, is't working, cause I dont see many dimensions to Manny when he's on the front foot, that and the fact Mayweather can do a lot more things, has more ways he can fight, means I have to give it to Floyd.

Manny is too short, lacks the jab, and the ability to maintain a good defense whilst pressuring his opponent, that is the basics of why he wont beat Mayweather imo.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #70
YelloLabs
Shura No Toki
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 97

wow another pactard added on the list. .
YelloLabs is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #71
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Boxers have a deeper understanding of the sweet science so I would guess that there are many who pick Floyd over PAC simply b/c it's more likely a pure boxer beats a brawler 9 times out of 10. But PAc is much more than a brawler and Floyd knows that.
Quote:
Which is why it's taken this long for him to come to the decision that he will fight Manny.
Actually.....Most who have spoken out on the match up, side with PAC. And most who side with PAC have greater reputations in the sport than the ones who are picking Floyd.

Are you talking about Pacquiao taking 2 years to agree to the testing????
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #72
realdeal561
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 459

?? And kobe's opinion in boxing means...?
realdeal561 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #73
bRoNeR**a**G
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah again though, there's tons of cats sayin Money will win too. Who wants to bet he doesn't post anything from them.
bRoNeR**a**G is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #74
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal561 View Post
?? And kobe's opinion in boxing means...?

Just as much as anyone else on ESB, yours included.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #75
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

they both are sponsored by nike...
DobyZhee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum