Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #61
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928
Default Re: worst Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vid Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizor View Post
I watched the whole video before i even commented.
I watched it again and still don't see a problem with the interview.?

Most reporters don't do anything that is going to disrupt the flow of the interview. what they do is ask a series of question the eventually lead some where, some time this destination is premeditated most times its not. So of course you are not going to hear sarcasim or snide remarks.

But what you did hear was a 4 or 5 question that where borderline antagonizing and tottally not about the fighter being interview. Particularly when the fighter being interviewed has a fight coming up that he has to help promote himself.

Mayweather even answer the questions in in depth based on what he believed and what he could say. He could have said look i am not here to talk about Pacquiao i am here to talk about Me and Marquez. But no he tried to explain the situation as best he could from his point of view under the impression that, that's what the reporter wanted was his point of view.

This goes to part of my reason for why i think Mayweather help to build pacman as pacman has feed off the name of Floyd. The two has become inseparable.
Look at the start of the interview, Did Pac really know Floyd came out of retirement when Merchant asked him who he wanted to fight? Floyd's got his info wrong from the start. Look at his eyes when he's making **** up at the 10 second mark.

and pac has ALWAYS said that he leaves it up to the promoter. When's the last time you saw Pac calling someone out? Its not his style man.

"To me, a yes means a no" that's Floyd right there.

Floyd hasn't built **** since they fought. no signing of contracts, 2 failed negotiations. the interview was done right AFTER floyd signed a premade contract before the Hatton/Pac fight. He MISCALCULATED how badly Pac destroyed Hatton.

Since then, on vacation, "I'm here to promote the Ortiz" fight. Heck, he even got sick of the question and said, "Yeah, I want to fight Manny Pacquiao."

But for the most part, Pac interviews are just as bad. The problem is the questions aren't asked in his native language.

I can't begin to tell you how bad filipinos are at 'understanding' the english language.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #62
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswin View Post
his own boss

deal with it pac****
oscar been his boss for years he a in house nucca homie

oscar could not get pac man

doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #63
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Why didn't Jr represent the US in any Amateur or Jr Amateur world championships?
boxon123 is online now  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #64
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
defend him all you want..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He has such a great attitude about boxing and life. He is very grounded.
Oh victor is gonna wax that ****in ass in September. this fool has to go.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #65
xizor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 425

Quote:
Look at the start of the interview, Did Pac really know Floyd came out of retirement when Merchant asked him who he wanted to fight? Floyd's got his info wrong from the start. Look at his eyes when he's making **** up at the 10 second mark.

and pac has ALWAYS said that he leaves it up to the promoter. When's the last time you saw Pac calling someone out? Its not his style man.

"To me, a yes means a no" that's Floyd right there.

Floyd hasn't built **** since they fought. no signing of contracts, 2 failed negotiations. the interview was done right AFTER floyd signed a premade contract before the Hatton/Pac fight. He MISCALCULATED how badly Pac destroyed Hatton.

Since then, on vacation, "I'm here to promote the Ortiz" fight. Heck, he even got sick of the question and said, "Yeah, I want to fight Manny Pacquiao."

But for the most part, Pac interviews are just as bad.
The problem is the questions aren't asked in his native language.

I can't begin to tell you how bad filipinos are at 'understanding' the english language.

yes

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
"I think he's going to fight again," Pacquiao said of Mayweather. "He's not really retired. ... I heard from Floyd Jr.'s camp that he's coming back to the ring."

In fact seven hours before pac/hatton Floyd announced his comeback

He may have missed that news preparing for the fight but i highly doubt it.

You are miss reading the body language here his eyes scan from center to right back to center as he recalls the "facts" not move up to the upper right corners of the eye. Infact his least genuine time is when he says pacquiao is a good fighter around the 28 second mark. he loses all eye contact, looks down, shakes his head, everything to act like he thinks pac is a good fighter.

thats speculation opinion with a little bit of slanted facts thrown in the middle and there have been others here who have thoroughly dismantled this statement so i will refer you to the other 100's of threads that deal with that. as far as your opinions its yours to keep.

These guys are boxers, so i don't expect them to come out sounding like obama. I do wish that they would keep it simple but they are human like the rest of us. Only they have to have keyboard worriers go on the internet and dissect every word they say and then have their words filter through a particular keyboard warriors viewpoint or opinion.
xizor is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #66
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105

Floyd can be very rude at times, as brother Nazim once said the kid needs a humbling, a defeat will help Floyd mentally.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #67
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

This thread is about reverse psychology lmao.
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #68
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
****, kid. thats lame even for a 12 yo. why dont you go and practice the words ask and fifty and then you can come back and make fun of all the people that talk funny. naam saying?
uh oh black folk, ask and fifty. When you drink too much beer, eat too much red meat and pork, and your arteries get clogged, and you ask your ***** to get hard, and you can't rise to expectations lmao...you become a wanna be bigot
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #69
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizor View Post
You guys missed the subtle point that Mayweather was trying to make. he was trying to say that if he where white he would not have had to work nearly as hard to become the success that he is. he would not have to answer all the same question over and over. his word would have been fact the first time (see: Bob Arums treatment in the media.).
He wasn't even ASKED that question. You really believe this BS statement? WOW..

look at the 44 second mark.

Interviewer: "Did Pacquiao ever come to contact with your people or your people's camp?"

Floyd: blabh blah blah..Arum owes me money.

So I guess that article you linked about Pac knowing, either Pac lied or Mayweather Jr. CONVENIENTLY dodged the question about Pac getting in contact with Floyd's people.

and again, its speculation. I'm sure Pac somehow was tuned in when Floyd had an announcement to make on the DAY of his own fight.

The more the interviewer probed into Mayweather, the more Mayweather Jr. got agitated. That's where we get to see the Real Mayweather. Not the guy visiting cancer kids or handing out holiday turkeys.

And that's the job of the interviewer was to get down to the bottom of why Mayweather didn't come out of retirement and announce that he was going to fight pac.

That interview was in the summer of 09. A lot of stuff has changed but Mayweather jr is still the same guy.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #70
Knives7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

Quote:
Manny studders all the time.
Floyd's first language is English - and the only language that he knows.

Manny's first language is Visaya, next is Tagalog, he also speak Chovocano (correct me if I'm wrong), and lastly English.
Knives7 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #71
Knives7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Floyd stutters. yes we know.
That's not the point dude. You can tell that Floyd is just boosting his ego and lying!
Knives7 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #72
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

if you guys haven't realized that Floyd is very bad at lying, you guys are morons.

I wonder if he's gonna stutter if he's asked if he's gay? LOL
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #73
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pacquiao is God, you cant dis him. Floyd is a liar. I've with it! Lmao
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #74
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz42 View Post
Pacquiao is God, you cant dis him. Floyd is a liar. I've with it! Lmao
No not really.

Kinda like Pac is the man and Floyd is the *****.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #75
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
No not really.

Kinda like Pac is the man and Floyd is the *****.
Exactly. Open, enter EDP ***** and huuuuuuuuuummmmmm!
Blizz42 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum