Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 735
vCash: 15444
Default Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

Woke up this morning after training yesterday and I can barely move my arm upwards or push it out, gonna leave it a few days to see if it eases off then if not i'll go to the doctors..

If it is a rotator cuff injury, any ideas how long it will have me off training?
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Robson View Post
Woke up this morning after training yesterday and I can barely move my arm upwards or push it out, gonna leave it a few days to see if it eases off then if not i'll go to the doctors..

If it is a rotator cuff injury, any ideas how long it will have me off training?
That really depends on the severity of the injury. If you didn't notice any pain or the injury while working out, it doesn't sound all that severe.

My brother-in-law tore his rotator cuff and it required surgery to repair. He wasn't right for almost a year, and he wasn't training for boxing.

Hope it's nothing serious and just a bit of a strain with soreness.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 735
vCash: 15444
Default Re: Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
That really depends on the severity of the injury. If you didn't notice any pain or the injury while working out, it doesn't sound all that severe.

My brother-in-law tore his rotator cuff and it required surgery to repair. He wasn't right for almost a year, and he wasn't training for boxing.

Hope it's nothing serious and just a bit of a strain with soreness.
Cheers mate, hopefully it will just be a strain then..

I'll give it a few days rest and see what it's like
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
BoxinScienceUSA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Default Re: Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

for an injury immediately
R-rest
I-ice
C-compression
E-elevation

ice it and strap your arm up in a sling! this will help quite a bit. and get in the habit of icing as soon as you feel something. my opinion is it's best to get a doctor or health professional to check it out (i'm a big fan of massage therapists/etc to diagnose b/c they know exactly what's going on with the muscles and might be able to suggest forms of healing as opposed to doctors that mask with pills). if you choose both, great, burn the candle at both ends!
BoxinScienceUSA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default Re: Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Robson View Post
Cheers mate, hopefully it will just be a strain then..

I'll give it a few days rest and see what it's like
you should probably take more like a least a week off. run and work on teh core instead. straining a shoulder injury coult easily turn into a six month problem
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 735
vCash: 15444
Default Re: Possibly ****ed my rotator cuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
you should probably take more like a least a week off. run and work on teh core instead. straining a shoulder injury coult easily turn into a six month problem
Cheers for the advice,
it's ideal because my trainer's just rang me and told me the gym might be closed for 2 weeks for construction
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013