Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #46
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Was the fix in. Cook v Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Still got the W, shows up as a nice wee KO1 on boxrec, & I could sit back & enjoy Murray losing his 0 all in the same night, life could be a lot worse

Although it could be a lot better too, Frank needs to get Ricky his big fights sooner rather than later. Who would have thought that Nicky Cook would be Ricky Burns very own Kebede, Frank has to deliver fast now, & im sure the unfair stick hes getting could be a blessing in disguise for Burns, cos a wounded ****** is a dangerous animal indeed, & no doubt he looked like an cornered tiger when he was questioned ringside...

Ayes true Mr Bru.

Was a bit pissed with it and tbh its like it never happened...yet he was taken well (away from home)......which i liked.

Murray/Mitchell........a look at ma posts will probably show ma reasoning/outcome.

Am not questioning anyone either btw, dunno why but i like the Mitch......he pretty honest in himself and did some good work tonight, very adaptable, outshined one dimensional Murray ten fold.......THATS what i liked.

Start to end he led with or used a left uppercut......not rare...........hardly standard though...........yet 9/10 it came through (Tibbs)
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #47
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Боксёр View Post
As a person who has been betting on sports for around 10 years I can tell you I've seen similar things plenty of times in tennis . Usually one guy has some sort of an injury and some people around him know about it . BIG money being placed against him , he goes into the match and at some point gets broken , starts showing signs of an injury when he is losing something like 5-3 or 5-2 and once the set is finished you get a doctor called and give up or retire straight away . It's money in the bank .

There is no chance Burns was involved in this . My assumption would be Cook either had a bad training camp or some sort of an injury , something bothering him but that could still get him cleared for the fight . He was already a HUGE underdog , now he could possibly be also bothered by some health problems . Why wouldn't you want to make some quick extra cash if you weren't going to win anyway .

The bottom line is nobody would have placed that much money on a guy who had 8 finished out of 31 fights . He was backed as low as 1/2 to finish Cook , thats unexplainable and there is no logic behind it at all .
Burns has nothing to do with this at all , Nicky Cook and somebody around him most likely involved sadly .
Couldn't have been said any better. Burns I believe had nothing to do with it but Cook knew he was finished before the bell.

Just a real shame for Burns.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
the betting "scandal" was on a THIRD ROUND STOPPAGE the fight ended in the FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so shut the **** up.

shall I provide you with proof of the report?
The thread title is was the fix in? Its a question. I think its suspicious as far as the betting action goes. How could you not?

All that money went on a 3rd round stoppage for a reason, dont you think?

Do you seriously think a bunch of people started making max limit bets on a 3 rd stoppage on a hunch?

Then the fight goes off with an inconclusive finish to it. Still that is not suspicious?

I cant see what reason you d have to defend it really. You have to consider all posibilities, dont you?

So in conclusion, shut the **** up. Fake godfather.
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #49
nickthegreek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthegreek View Post
Something was wrong with this fight.

Ladbrokes had first round 5/1, second round 14/1 and third 3/1. There is no evidence Billy or Ricky have any involvement with this and i personally don't think they do. The betting patterns are dodgy as **** though.

Cook knew he was injured before he even got into the ring and so did plenty of others. Its the only explanation.
Sorry for quoting myself but that 5/1 in the 1st was backed in from 12's about 90 minutes before the fight.

Its ****ing ridiculous.
nickthegreek is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #50
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Боксёр View Post
Losing in the 3rd round would have been much worse than losing in round 1 . Word has been out for the last 24 hours and if the fight ended in round 3 I assume the big dogs who backed the round 3 would have major explaining to do before getting their winnings if at all . As well as Nicky Cook .
Exactly. To not even consider this is complete stupidity
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #51
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

3rd round was 3/1 a few hours before the fight, 1st round was 17/1, must have been pounded just before the fight.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #52
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexe View Post
Just a real shame for Burns.
I know, going home after breaking Cook in half with a world championship belt still round his waist & fatter pockets, poor Rickster must be distraught!
Surely Rickster will be buying the Macdonalds tonight
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #53
nickthegreek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
3rd round was 3/1 a few hours before the fight, 1st round was 17/1, must have been pounded just before the fight.
Disgusting. Another black eye for boxing. What makes it worse is the sport got a ****ing bat round its head last weekend with Williams/Lara.
nickthegreek is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
Боксёр
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
As far as I remember 1st and 3rd round stoppage was way lower than 2nd and the 4th . 4th round was 13/1 and there was some money coming in on the first round around 60 minutes before the fight .

2nd round - 14/1

3rd round - 3/1

4th round 13/1
Боксёр is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #55
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzel View Post
The thread title is was the fix in? Its a question. I think its suspicious as far as the betting action goes. How could you not?

All that money went on a 3rd round stoppage for a reason, dont you think?

Do you seriously think a bunch of people started making max limit bets on a 3 rd stoppage on a hunch?

Then the fight goes off with an inconclusive finish to it. Still that is not suspicious?

I cant see what reason you d have to defend it really. You have to consider all posibilities, dont you?

So in conclusion, shut the **** up. Fake godfather.
if his back was that bad and the word was out then surely they would have put that massive wedge on a 1st round stoppage
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #56
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I know, going home after breaking Cook in half with a world championship belt still round his waist & fatter pockets, poor Rickster must be distraught!
Surely Rickster will be buying the Macdonalds tonight

True Mr Bru but Cooks probs already bouncing down the town.....dosent sit well with me.

I wanted to see him smashed...........the same man that reckoned and SAID Harrison was scared to fight him yada yada......and if i remember right......Harrison via phone had Cook pressing the hold button.

Anyways, not good.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #57
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
the betting "scandal" was on a THIRD ROUND STOPPAGE the fight ended in the FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so shut the **** up.

shall I provide you with proof of the report?
Dont worry yourself about it. Ill just agree to disagree. So shut the **** up.
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #58
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
if his back was that bad and the word was out then surely they would have put that massive wedge on a 1st round stoppage
Why did those bets go on then? What s your guess?
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #59
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Quote:
Money was coming in rapidly on the first round an hour prior to the fight. What ****ing else do you need to know? Everything is set in stone. The bookies clearly knew what the **** was going down hence most bookies suspending round betting.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #60
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Ricky Burns - Round 1 40/1
Ricky Burns - Round 2 33/1
Ricky Burns - Round 3 25/1
Ricky Burns - Round 4 20/1
Ricky Burns - Round 5 18/1
Ricky Burns - Round 6 16/1
Ricky Burns - Round 7 14/1
Ricky Burns - Round 8 14/1
Ricky Burns - Round 9 14/1
Ricky Burns - Round 10 16/1
Ricky Burns - Round 11 18/1
Ricky Burns - Round 12 20/1

These were the original round betting odds, before the nosedive.
Pug1list is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum