boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
theSwann
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default cook purse

i hope the bbbc look in too nicky cooks purse why fool his own fans in to paying for tickets and the cost off travel why he had no intension off puting up a fight wot a joke he is
theSwann is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Hitmanfan
KO King
ESB Full Member

Default Re: cook purse

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSwann View Post
i hope the bbbc look in too nicky cooks purse why fool his own fans in to paying for tickets and the cost off travel why he had no intension off puting up a fight wot a joke he is
Bit harsh on Cook, this is the promoters fault.
Hitmanfan is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

it felt let down the way it finished while watching it on sky i imagine if i had paid for travel and ticket i would have been after blood i still remember the harrison vs kadebe fight
Robert is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
it felt let down the way it finished while watching it on sky i imagine if i had paid for travel and ticket i would have been after blood i still remember the harrison vs kadebe fight
I was sat next to 2 lads from Perth who were there to follow Burns. They went for a **** and missed the entire fight!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

I was there ringside & then backstage and Cook was in extreme pain & distress. So theswan this thread and you are both **** you idiot. They think Cook has suffered a PRO-LAPSED DISC and will be kept in hospital overnight to have a MRI scan today with a view to a possible operation on his spine. So obviously not a fake or made up ilness, unfortunatly it is bad that it happend in such a big fight and for all paying and traveling fan's but nothing could be done or avoided so tough luck. I'm damn sure Cook did'nt want it more than anybody else in the arena. My own boxing career was cut short due to a accident where i damaged my spine which required 2 major operation's and months of rehabilitation and i can tell you the pain would of been un-real, i was lucky enough to be able to get back on my feet again and become a trainer and still be involved in the sport. i applaud Cooke for trying to stay on his feet let alone try too carry on.

Last edited by Guv'nor; 07-18-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Guv'nor is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Welsh Dragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Wish him well
Welsh Dragon is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #7
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

It was a **** ending to the fight but the guy was clearly in a lot of pain.I dont think he is at fault its just one of those things that happens sometimes.I fully understand people being ****ed off after they paid but in boxing its always possible something like this can ruin the fight.Its not as though they can put a substitute in like football.If a fighter gets injured its fight over.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #8
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I was sat next to 2 lads from Perth who were there to follow Burns. They went for a **** and missed the entire fight!
You were not far from Dan, Beeston and me and you didn't want to meet us...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Cook has passed all his medicals prior to the fight then there are no issues...

His purse should not be witheld, he came to fight and if he has a prolapsed disc like they are suggesting the poor fella will be in some serious pain for a while...

I hope that he gets better soon...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Nicky's had back problems for years even when he was a young pro. The fact his career has lasted this long is a testament to his toughness. Got a ton of respect for him personally as we both went to School together and used to hang out after school as kids. Im sure this is the end of his career now. He's done extremely well and can hold his head high. All the best "Cookie" it was good while it lasted.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
bluetinlids

I know 2 boys from Coatbridge who missed their bus home and had to get a taxi back up the road. 250 haha
bluetinlids is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #12
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv'nor View Post
I was there ringside & then backstage and Cooke was in extreme pain & distress. So theswan this thread and you are both **** you idiot. Cooke suffered a PRO-LAPSED DISC and was kept in hospital overnight to have a MRI scan today with a view to a possible operation today on his spine. So obviously not a fake or made up ilness, unfortunatly it is bad that it happend in such a big fight and for all paying and traveling fan's but nothing could be done or avoided so tough luck. I'm damn sure Cooke did'nt want it more than anybody else in the arena. My own boxing career was cut short due to a accident where i damaged my spine which required 2 major operation's and months of rehabilitation and i can tell you the pain would of been un-real, i was lucky enough to be able to get back on my feet again and become a trainer and still be involved in the sport. i applaud Cooke for trying to stay on his feet let alone try too carry on.
He didnt receive this injury in the fight I can assure you of that, he already had the injury and knew it, I have a pro-lapsed disc sounds similar to that of Cooke, where hes been told there not much they can do, wont get better wont get worse.

He will have known this or felt problems before the fight, they went ahead with it because it was the big 4 and probably too late to replace, basically as far as im concerned they couldnt stop it so went ahead knowing that would happen, but its ok everyone gets paid if they do that.

Its the (under the table) boxing rules!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #13
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185

I don't see why his purse should be withheld and I don't blame him for carrying on with the fight even If he had issues.
This was Nicky's last chance If he pulled out of the fight I doubt he would have got another chance you can not blame him.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv'nor View Post
I was there ringside & then backstage and Cooke was in extreme pain & distress. So theswan this thread and you are both **** you idiot. Cooke suffered a PRO-LAPSED DISC and was kept in hospital overnight to have a MRI scan today with a view to a possible operation today on his spine. So obviously not a fake or made up ilness, unfortunatly it is bad that it happend in such a big fight and for all paying and traveling fan's but nothing could be done or avoided so tough luck. I'm damn sure Cooke did'nt want it more than anybody else in the arena. My own boxing career was cut short due to a accident where i damaged my spine which required 2 major operation's and months of rehabilitation and i can tell you the pain would of been un-real, i was lucky enough to be able to get back on my feet again and become a trainer and still be involved in the sport. i applaud Cooke for trying to stay on his feet let alone try too carry on.

If you know him that well the least you could do is spell his name right, its Cook not "Cooke"
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
PESTFROMWEST
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wish Cookie all the best for the op and the recovery after.

Silly question i take it he would of been insured for instances like this, a career ending injury????
PESTFROMWEST is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum