Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: cook purse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i think he was genuinley in pain but he purposley got hit on the back. he turned his back to the punches twice. its so obvious if u look for it
Geez what a load of rubbish.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #33
roe

vCash:

Just a shame he couldn't make it past 2 rounds..
Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #34
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Geez what a load of rubbish.
why is it a load of rubbish. since when goes a fighter defend a body shot by turning his back to the shot....twice....if he has a cronic back problem????

also how do you explain the first 3 rounds being as low as 5/2 and betting getting suspended???

listen mate i am a massive boxing fan and will always defend the sport. this sort of thing happens less in boxing than other sports in all honesty. but nothing u can tell me will convince me Cook didn't take a dive. i have watched the fight 5x over. if you havent done that i suggest you do the same.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #35
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i think he was genuinley in pain but he purposley got hit on the back. he turned his back to the punches twice. its so obvious if u look for it
that is the ****test argument for anything. thats exactly what conspiracy theorists say about any mad idea they have btw
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
Just a shame he couldn't make it past 2 rounds..
I just needed another minute or so mate. .
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #37
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
that is the ****test argument for anything. thats exactly what conspiracy theorists say about any mad idea they have btw
And then call you "naive" when you dispute their crackpot theory.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #38
roe

vCash:

Cook clearly knew he couldn't win.. that much is obvious but a guy with a bad back just out for a payday, deliberately turning his back into punches
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #39
davidjay
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Everything's obvious if you're looking for it.
davidjay is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

In the arena I was a little ****ed off about it, having known about the betting issues and believing it to have been a very poor defence in the first place, and I genuinely felt sorry for Burns.

I watched the re-run yesterday and even though people are saying he's had previous problems with his back etc etc, he looked in tremendous shape and watching him hit the pads as hard as he was, and moving the way he was suggests to me he wasn't injured and had more than likely had a relatively good camp.

I don't believe as Rob has suggested he turned into the punches deliberately in order to use this as an excuse. Who knows whether it was the punch, the movement or whatever that caused the injury but I'm happy enough to genuinely feel for the lad and not jump to the conclusion he took a dive or genuinely believed this would happen.

The fact that he was borderline in tears in the corner doesn't suggest that this was something he expected would happen.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
he didnt receive this injury in the fight i can assure you of that, he already had the injury and knew it, i have a pro-lapsed disc sounds similar to that of cooke, where hes been told there not much they can do, wont get better wont get worse.

He will have known this or felt problems before the fight, they went ahead with it because it was the big 4 and probably too late to replace, basically as far as im concerned they couldnt stop it so went ahead knowing that would happen, but its ok everyone gets paid if they do that.

Its the (under the table) boxing rules!
not saying it's not a old injury, but it can get worse if the disc moves further out and presses on the main nerve that run's down your leg called the s1 nerve which is also the main nerve which feeds muscle growth, so who ever told you that it can not get worse are very obviously mistaken.
Guv'nor is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #42
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
well well well if it isn't mr "i was there with the fighter mate, hes my mate, i saw things you didn't see because im more connected than you are"

the chap conned the fans, knew he was going into a fight injured and put in an absolutely dismal performance and should get paid his full purse?

Nobody gives a toss about your injuries mate, we are talking about cook here.

He knew exactly what was going to happen and just turned up for his paycheck. He had no intention of winning the fight, simple as.
listen you ****er, i was stating that i had a back injury so could imagine the pain he was in if you read my comment again you computer warrior. Also he had back problems for many years that does not mean that the back problem got a hell of a lot worse for what ever reason at the worst time possible. He was hitting the pads and moving well during the warm up, because even a sausage like you and the rest of the clowns that are doubting on this **** thread would agree with a pro-lapsed disc he would not of even walked into the ring let alone warm up fine.
Guv'nor is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #43
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
how do you know he had a prolapsed disc before his mri ? Same question re the surgery ? If he was injured before the fight , which he clearly was, he should not have 1 taken it or 2 been allowed to take it. His health should come first.
if you re-read my comment it say's that they think it's a pro-lapsed disc and he is gonna be having a m.r.i scan with a view to a operation if necessary. Obviously you don't go into the fight with that injury, if he had it before then he would not of walked into the ring let alone warm up fine on the pad's and moving around with ease. It was a freak accident that occured at the very worst time possible.
Guv'nor is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #44
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoseshf View Post
If you know him that well the least you could do is spell his name right, its Cook not "Cooke"
Sorry professor i mistakenly forgot the "I" when i was writting COOKIE, but thank you for pointing it out smart **** hope this makes you happy......
Guv'nor is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #45
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv'nor View Post
not saying it's not a old injury, but it can get worse if the disc moves further out and presses on the main nerve that run's down your leg called the s1 nerve which is also the main nerve which feeds muscle growth, so who ever told you that it can not get worse are very obviously mistaken.
It doesnt really get worse, im not lying! I have the same thing and have lost some sensitivity in my calf and at time my toes ache.

At time's depending on what you have been doing in the way of actvity can cause the disc to pinch the nerve more so than other times.

Only way to rectify is to operate and replace the damaged disc but isnt recommended unless the disc is severely damaged.

He has the injury, it would have been playing up before the fight, may have even been a few days before or just before or weeks.

They knew it, Frank knew it,,they went ahead, its only the fans that got the bad end as usual.

Thanks for your input though but dont question my integrity again!
rampant is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum