Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #46
aka TORA
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: cook purse

i was expecting people to start throwing their pints, the show was shockingly shit albeit saved by mitchell/murray.
maybe cook didnt have any problems with the injury till late into the training camp & you dont get many opportunitys in boxing so sometimes you gotta take that risk, sucks for the fans but i can understand it.
aka TORA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #47
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka TORA View Post
i was expecting people to start throwing their pints, the show was shockingly shit albeit saved by mitchell/murray.
maybe cook didnt have any problems with the injury till late into the training camp & you dont get many opportunitys in boxing so sometimes you gotta take that risk, sucks for the fans but i can understand it.
me too as last time I was there, there was a lot of that happening. Saying that though that was just Smiths aresehole fans after DeGale took the piss out of him.
Dan684 is online now  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #48
punchdrunkgench
Contender
ESB Senior Member

interesting article in the racing post today on page 83 refering to cook v burns stating that they have reported the fight for investigation to both the gaming authority and europens sports commision it also looks like they would have voided all bets if cook had gone down in the 3rd, i have also been informed they have video footage of a certain fighters brother placing bets on his brother to lose in a certain round this information will also be passed on to the above along with the betting slip.
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #49
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
interesting article in the racing post today on page 83 refering to cook v burns stating that they have reported the fight for investigation to both the gaming authority and europens sports commision it also looks like they would have voided all bets if cook had gone down in the 3rd, i have also been informed they have video footage of a certain fighters brother placing bets on his brother to lose in a certain round this information will also be passed on to the above along with the betting slip.
Good, hopefully expose the corruptness for what it is. (except it will be brushed under the carpet until the next time)
rampant is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #50
wraps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv'nor View Post
I was there ringside & then backstage and Cook was in extreme pain & distress. So theswan this thread and you are both shit you idiot. They think Cook has suffered a PRO-LAPSED DISC and will be kept in hospital overnight to have a MRI scan today with a view to a possible operation on his spine. So obviously not a fake or made up ilness, unfortunatly it is bad that it happend in such a big fight and for all paying and traveling fan's but nothing could be done or avoided so tough luck. I'm damn sure Cook did'nt want it more than anybody else in the arena. My own boxing career was cut short due to a accident where i damaged my spine which required 2 major operation's and months of rehabilitation and i can tell you the pain would of been un-real, i was lucky enough to be able to get back on my feet again and become a trainer and still be involved in the sport. i applaud Cooke for trying to stay on his feet let alone try too carry on.
he was seen in pizza hut the next day mate ???? so who'd ya think ya kiddin
wraps is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #51
wraps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESTFROMWEST View Post
Wish Cookie all the best for the op and the recovery after.

Silly question i take it he would of been insured for instances like this, a career ending injury????
ahaha ffs wat u want the insurance companies ripped of tooo ...what op es gone tenerife
wraps is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #52
wraps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv'nor View Post
listen you wanker, i was stating that i had a back injury so could imagine the pain he was in if you read my comment again you computer warrior. Also he had back problems for many years that does not mean that the back problem got a hell of a lot worse for what ever reason at the worst time possible. He was hitting the pads and moving well during the warm up, because even a sausage like you and the rest of the clowns that are doubting on this shit thread would agree with a pro-lapsed disc he would not of even walked into the ring let alone warm up fine.
questions should be asked ...why didnt the "injury" happen in he's last fight at york hall .. Answer.. the betting odd's wernt has good
wraps is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #53
wraps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
the main thing here is who the f**k is gonna trust the cooks again, i certainly wouldnt wana be in a contest wiv em case they pulled that one again
wraps is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #54
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

i am convinced theres allot more to it.
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum