Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533
Default Re: What now for Murray?

He lost a fight, it's really not the end of the world.

A rematch would be a good call or a match with Rees as suggested.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I dont see any point in a rematch. Mitchell left NO DOUBT as to who the better fighter is. What the hell could Murray do differently in a rematch?
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
I dont see any point in a rematch. Mitchell left NO DOUBT as to who the better fighter is. What the hell could Murray do differently in a rematch?
Mitchell won the fight, to say he was winning from start to finish would be a lie.

You can't see no point in a rematch? The fight was a good watch, so would be a rematch. Are you a fan of boxing or a fan boy of a boxer?

Personally I don't care about either boxer, but think a rematch would be a decent mash up.

What on earth is going on with boxing fans nowadays...

It was a half decent fight, what on earth is wrong with folk wishing for them to get it on again... no wonder this sport is on its last legs when fans, start acting like accountants for near multi-millionares.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #19
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob887 View Post
Mitchell won the fight, to say he was winning from start to finish would be a lie.

You can't see no point in a rematch? The fight was a good watch, so would be a rematch. Are you a fan of boxing or a fan boy of a boxer?

Personally I don't care about either boxer, but think a rematch would be a decent mash up. What on earth is going on with boxing fans nowadays...

It was a half decent fight, what on earth is wrong with fold wishing for them to get it on again... no wonder this sport is on its last legs when fans penny less fans start behaving like accountants for multimillionare boxers who in the grand scheme of things never got anywhere..
Perhaps you dont know what the hell you're watching in the ring.... but Mitchell slowly picked Murray apart with power shots, then took him out. Mitchell was landing his uppercut at will, and it was only a matter of time before Murray walked into too many of them.

Theres no point in a rematch unless you wanna see Murray get hurt. He's not gonna improve any. He's gotten as far as he can on his limited talent.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Perhaps you dont know what the hell you're watching in the ring.... but Mitchell slowly picked Murray apart with power shots, then took him out. Mitchell was landing his uppercut at will, and it was only a matter of time before Murray walked into too many of them.

Theres no point in a rematch unless you wanna see Murray get hurt. He's not gonna improve any. He's gotten as far as he can on his limited talent.
That's like saying there's no point in Mitchell facing a half decent world level operator like katsidis again after he got totally and utterly conclusively demolished last time out.

I've genuinely never seen a boxers status be elevated so much after katsidis totally destroyed Mitchell. One day Katsidis is a slugger, the next he's an ATG after beating Mitchell.

The sooner the Mitchell hype, Soccer AM train is derailed again, the better, in my opinon, as I genuinely don't think he's that good a boxer.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #21
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob887 View Post
That's like saying there's no point in Mitchell facing a half decent world level operator like katsidis after he got totally and utterly conclusively demolished.

I've genuinely never seen a boxers status be elevated so much after katsidis totally destroyed Mitchell. One day Katsidis is a slugger, the next he's an ATG after beating Mitchell.

The sooner the hype Mitchell hype train is derailed again the better, in my opinon as, he's not that good.
I never said Mitchell was very good. He's not. But he's clearly better than Murray.

A guy like Brandon Rios or Robert Guerrero would destroy Mitchell.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #22
Welsh Dragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

He took a pasteing towards the end. He aint coming back for a while!
Welsh Dragon is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #23
Macky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazanta View Post
I would bang him in with rees for the european!
he would maul Rees
Macky is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:

No he didn't. He was getting beaten up for the first five rounds. But he out-toughed Murray down the stretch and kept throwing his undercut. It was a good adjustment but he was not controlling the fight. He looked the same fighter that lost to katsidis imo.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #25
KingMonkey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Murray would absolutely murder Rees. I don't even think that's up for debate but it'd be a great restarting point for John. After that who knows? Maybe try and get a second tier fighter in, someone just below world level, Katsidis wouldn't be a bad shout and should sell.
KingMonkey is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #26
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Funnily enough Dan, I thought Murray looked slower than normal in the Mitchell fight, & I am the last man to make excuses for him here.

If you are telling the truth here? Thats interesting.
I'm sure there'll be certain posters here who will have seen him supporting Macklin in Germany smashed out of his head whilst telling Joe G to '**** off Joe I'm 27 I'll do what I want"

Quote:

I suggest you try and find out what the he'll you was watching that night as it certainly wasn't Murray vs Mitchell. To suggest Mitchell picked Murray apart landing his shots at will with Murray having no success Borders idiocy
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 04:40 AM   #27
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Murray could try moving his head. He was well in the fight but head movement let him down.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #28
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
No he didn't. He was getting beaten up for the first five rounds. But he out-toughed Murray down the stretch and kept throwing his undercut. It was a good adjustment but he was not controlling the fight. He looked the same fighter that lost to katsidis imo.
I had the score 69-66 to Mitchell after rd 7 I dont get those he think it was even till about rd 6 , loads of Murrays punches were missing due to Mitchell`s defensive upper body movement, now if Murrays punches were more precise then i may have seen the rds differently, Murrays approach was caveman like, hardly any thought to his aggression, no defence. Mitchell let Murray burn himself out aswell as stinging him with his jab throughout and getting him with combo`s.

This fight actually reminded me a bit of Benn vs Watson go figure............
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #29
lusop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Sorry mate, but your talking bullshit........
lusop is online now  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #30
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusop View Post
Sorry mate, but your talking bullshit........
About what? I think I was paying more attention than you.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum