Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #17
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Late 2000's Wladimir Klitschko

A replay of your mother.

I said it before. The winner of this bout would be the one with Steward in their corner. Now if they both have Steward, it would be some sort of strange stalemate the likes of which we've never seen before. Lewis and Wlad neutralizing each other in the clinch and catching each other's jabs for 12 rounds or something odd like that while the two Stewards' plead for their man to step up in vain.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
This would be a great fight. Two ATG heavyweights and the best of their generation. Arguably the two most technically skilled and powerful super-heavyweights of all time.
This would be a chess game with sledge hammers. Not sure who wins. I think Lewis has a confidence edge early in the match, but Wlad is very quick with his feet and has a hard gaurd to penetrate. Whomever lands their best stuff early would win. I would favor Lewis slightly, but this one is close to pick em'
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
A replay of your mother.

I said it before. The winner of this bout would be the one with Steward in their corner. Now if they both have Steward, it would be some sort of strange stalemate the likes of which we've never seen before. Lewis and Wlad neutralizing each other in the clinch and catching each other's jabs for 12 rounds or something odd like that while the two Stewards' plead for their man to step up in vain.
Lewis isn't really like Wlad, he's a brawler who was too lazy/unfit/cautious to constantly brawl. But he did when he decided too and was so much better at brawling and fighting inside/mid range. Wlad in his defense is better outside with a better jab

Wlad can beat some great champions, Lewis isn't 1 of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
This would be a chess game with sledge hammers. Not sure who wins. I think Lewis has a confidence edge early in the match, but Wlad is very quick with his feet and has a hard gaurd to penetrate. Whomever lands their best stuff early would win. I would favor Lewis slightly, but this one is close to pick em'
If Mendoza gives someone an edge over a Klit who's not named Jeffries you know who wins
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
MattP100
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
A replay of your mother.

Spot on.
MattP100 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #21
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
A replay of your mother.

Except Lewis actually could heed the instructions of Steward when the going got tough. This is the biggest difference between the two men, according to Steward. One that says a lot about Lewis mindset, confidence, and ability to adjust as a fighter in contrast to Wlad.

Lewis wins 9/10 times in my honest opinion.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #22
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
This would be a great fight. Two ATG heavyweights and the best of their generation. Arguably the two most technically skilled and powerful super-heavyweights of all time.
Wlad wins the boxing match, Lewis the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Lewis would have destroyed Wlad. EVERYTHING Wlad does, Lewis does better. And Lewis was ALOT mentally tougher, and even had a better chin(which speaks volume of how shitty Wlad's chin is).
Thatīs just BS. Wladīs the better boxer. Better jab, better right, controls distance better, slightly better footwork, faster and has more power. Lewis can fight which is something that Wlad canīt - or at least hasnīt shown yet - and thus would win that fight but saying Lewis is better in everything than Wlad is BS.

And yes, Lewis chin is better than Wladīs but Wladīs chin is far better than you think - and so is Lewisī.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #23
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

What happens if we get the Correa Lewis vs. the Sdunek Wlad?
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #24
Tin Man Waldo
Freakishly Fragile
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Corea Lewis destroys Sdunek Wlad in 2 rounds, he is way more dangerous than Sanders.
Tin Man Waldo is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #25
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

I think Wlad outboxes him for the UD, especially if Lennox shows up out of shape expecting a short night's work. Let's face it- Lennox didn't particularly like fighting guys who fought defensively, which is one big reason he feasted heavily on immobile sluggers. That was no accident- besides being where the money was at, those types of fighters were ones he matched up very well against so long as he wasn't careless. Lewis doesn't have the footwork, speed, or mobility advantage on Wlad, and that's a huge difference from what he was used to facing. This is a whole different ballgame than Shannon Briggs, Mavrovic, Mercer, and Michael Grant.

And, as Mongoose said, whoever's got Steward in their corner has a distinct advantage.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #26
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTF View Post
What happens if we get the Correa Lewis vs. the Sdunek Wlad?
It will end earlier and Wlad has a better chance of winning. Sdunek Wlad was a far more impressive offense machine and took more risks, so the chance of him hurting and finishing Lewis is higher and the chance of him getting hurt and finished off is too. Could be Hagler-Hearns for hws.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #27
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
A replay of your mother.

I think the pre Steward Lewis would still beat current Wlad. It would be in a much sloppier fashion and he would most certainly be tagged with lots of jabs. He would catch Wlad, then Wlad would drop.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #28
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Lewis was just a bit better than Wlad, face to face. Therefore, he wins 2 out of 3 fights between them.

Lewis is the greatest "superheavyweight" of all time. Wlad is #2. They dominated for about the same number of years, but Lewis has a (not so old) Holyfield in his resume and also Vitali Klitschko. He also avenged all his loses. Thatīs why heīs ahead of Wlad by a step or two.

I rank Lewis in my Top5 heavyweights of all time. Wlad is in my Top10.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
I think the pre Steward Lewis would still beat current Wlad. It would be in a much sloppier fashion and he would most certainly be tagged with lots of jabs. He would catch Wlad, then Wlad would drop.
Pre-Steward Wlad is going to be walking into a ton of punishment, recall the shit storm that Brewster had to endure to pressure and breakdown early Steward Wlad. And this is the guy who got sparked by McCall. Say what you will about Brewster, the man could take a hit like few could. And when you catch Steward Wlad, you get squeezed by the Octopus until he's ready to let go and reset. I think Wlad now deserves more respect than a Frank Bruno, who fell into the ropes, arms down and eyes wide with terror when he got tagged good.

Last edited by The Mongoose; 07-19-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #30
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Lewis isn't really like Wlad, he's a brawler who was too lazy/unfit/cautious to constantly brawl. But he did when he decided too and was so much better at brawling and fighting inside/mid range. Wlad in his defense is better outside with a better jab
God, this might be your greatest gem.

Lewis was a brawler who was so lazy he ended up being a boxer?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum