Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #16
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Primetime don't have the money for advertising it seems.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #17
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 100
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

They are a relatively new company, Sky have been around for donkeys. Maybe Primetime should try hacking into phones or something to make some money.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig View Post
Dude, the fights on at 3 in the morning, why would any casual sports fans want to stay up for that?? I consider myself a keen boxing fan but its only really the big ones I'll stay up for, Khan Judah doesn't do it for me yet.

As for Khan needing to worry about his UK fans, I disagree entirely, he's clearly gone for the US market and its probably fair to say is more well liked over there than here where we seem to resent successful sportsmen on the whole, so not surprising he's aiming for the US, sensible business move surely!


Totally agree with this, I buy most PPV's but not buying this due to the time etc.

Khan has defiantely gone for the US market, dont think he's too bothered about UK, thats why he went in the first place.
rampant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #19
skellington
Bogbrush
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

I agree there is more public awareness about Fury - Chisora, which even though is a local fight does suggest that promotion is an issue.
skellington is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

I just remebered I got a automated call from Primetime and it was Khan talking and promoting the fight with Judah, I ended up hanging up cos it was boring.

Didnt anyone else registered with Primetime receive a similar call?
rampant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #21
northbakbren
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdiablo View Post
There is a lot of advertising in the national press, there are TV adverts going out and there will be a number shown during the Fury vs Chisora fight, however it would be impossible for us to advertise on every channel all the time....
Out of interest what other channels will it be advertised on other than channel 5 during fury/chis?

And when are the ads being shown?

Also will all your tv ads been shown only saturday?

As for "every channel all the time", I havent seen a single ad on any channel so far. Have any been broadcast other than on your own channel?
northbakbren is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #22
venusdiablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 75
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbakbren View Post
Out of interest what other channels will it be advertised on other than channel 5 during fury/chis?

And when are the ads being shown?

Also will all your tv ads been shown only saturday?

As for "every channel all the time", I havent seen a single ad on any channel so far. Have any been broadcast other than on your own channel?
I don't have all the times but there have been a number on the ITV digital channels and ch5
venusdiablo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #23
northbakbren
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdiablo View Post
I don't have all the times but there have been a number on the ITV digital channels and ch5
You must have some idea, when and where your advertising. Any ads on today for example i can look out for?
northbakbren is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 75
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

give primetime a break lads
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
venusdiablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 75
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbakbren View Post
You must have some idea, when and where your advertising. Any ads on today for example i can look out for?
I will try and find out but most people have left for today from the department...
venusdiablo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
Clayton Bigsby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
was it a argentian v england thing ,or an argentine v uk think ? make your mind up
Ok, I should have written 'English fans', as oppose to 'UK fans'. Happy?
Clayton Bigsby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
northbakbren
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
give primetime a break lads
Honestly I dont mean to give primetime a hard time. I think its good that they are actually giving us on option to pick up fights that sky havent. Although Im not a fan of the ppv prices, but im glad to actually have a the choice to watch these fights.

I do though think that primetime are missing a beat with their advertising. If you start up a tv channel its going to be very costly thats a no brainer, but to make it successfull you need to advertise, yes this is ups the costs massively but its the only way for it to work and be a real success.

I personally have seen no advertising for this fight. Now considering Sky promoted the mcloskey fight up until a week before the fight, regular ads on all the sports channels and thier other main stream channels too, as well as regular updates on the news channel, a BIG advertising campaign already done to build awareness of the fight. Yet the event only got 60,000 buys.

And yet for this fight, primetime claim they expect over 100,000 buys for an event that has gone virtually unadvertised.

We also have to consider khan is already a household name, so primetime should be pushing the advertising far far far more than they have. Yes its going to cost, but would inevitably lead to more buys.

With the lack of advertising I cant see them beating the 60,000 they got for mcloskey, which is a shame for amir and the channel.
northbakbren is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #28
Clayton Bigsby
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbakbren View Post
Honestly I dont mean to give primetime a hard time. I think its good that they are actually giving us on option to pick up fights that sky havent. Although Im not a fan of the ppv prices, but im glad to actually have a the choice to watch these fights.

I do though think that primetime are missing a beat with their advertising. If you start up a tv channel its going to be very costly thats a no brainer, but to make it successfull you need to advertise, yes this is ups the costs massively but its the only way for it to work and be a real success.

I personally have seen no advertising for this fight. Now considering Sky promoted the mcloskey fight up until a week before the fight, regular ads on all the sports channels and thier other main stream channels too, as well as regular updates on the news channel, a BIG advertising campaign already done to build awareness of the fight. Yet the event only got 60,000 buys.

And yet for this fight, primetime claim they expect over 100,000 buys for an event that has gone virtually unadvertised.

We also have to consider khan is already a household name, so primetime should be pushing the advertising far far far more than they have. Yes its going to cost, but would inevitably lead to more buys.

With the lack of advertising I cant see them beating the 60,000 they got for mcloskey, which is a shame for amir and the channel.
You keep repeating the same shit. Primetime's budget is too low for them to do the things you're asking. You seriously think they haven't considered all the points you've made?

Quote:
Now considering Sky promoted the mcloskey fight up until a week before the fight, regular ads on all the sports channels and thier other main stream channels too, as well as regular updates on the news channel, a BIG advertising campaign already done to build awareness of the fight.
All those channels you speak of, belong to Sky!! So of course they're going to advertise there. Primetime only have one, for crying out loud. Which other channels do you expect them to be on? ITV? Channel 5?

Get real, mate.
Clayton Bigsby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #29
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 75
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

At least with being on Primetime, if he loses, no-one will know about it.
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: That gum you like is going to come back in style
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 4289
Default Re: An honest question to team khan and primetime (venusdiablo)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4eva View Post
At least with being on Primetime, if he loses, no-one will know about it.
Calm down Adam.
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013