boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default So.. if Bradley moves up to WW to face Mike Jones.. does he stand a chance??

Bradley is 5'6''... short reach and doesn't punch hard and is up against a six foot heavier fighter... Bradley is aggressive with his output... but is that enough? Does he actually stand a chance?

Thoughts.....
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1448
Default Re: So.. if Bradley moves up to WW to face Mike Jones.. does he stand a chance??

It could look like the Kendall Holt fight, but Mike is a killer and would Ko any fighter under 154.
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: So.. if Bradley moves up to WW to face Mike Jones.. does he stand a chance??

bradley doesn't have a chance in hell of beating Mike JOnes. Is mentally tough, has the reach, power, and technique to destroy Tim.

I hope they don't make that fight.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Bradley can carry the weight just fine-

And Carmen Basilio was 5'6"... He wasn't so bad. Also moved up to middle (small at 155 or so), but still competed and made a good account of himself.

Haven't seen much of Jones, but Bradley's attitude, pressure, and underrated skills probably win him the fight.
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Of course. We saw Jones struggle with pressure fighters Bradley is one of the best today and has quick footmovement to hone in on Jones. Where I think Jones might give Bradley problems is obviously his reach, but for how long Jones can keep that up we'll see. Jones would not only have to be ready physically , but mentally and hes going to have to find a way to neutralize Bradleys inside game, but I aint sayin how cuz Id want Bradley to win! Bradley is a very physical fighter that can wear you down but he can box too and his boxing is underrated. I think it would resemble alot to the Holt fight, but Im not sure if any knockdowns will happen.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
It could look like the Kendall Holt fight, but Mike is a killer and would Ko any fighter under 154.
Yeah my thoughts too.. but I honestly don't think Jones would ko Mayweather.... I have to see more of him to determine that.. but I know he kills Bradley
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Of course. We saw Jones struggle with pressure fighters Bradley is one of the best today and has quick footmovement to hone in on Jones. Where I think Jones might give Bradley problems is obviously his reach, but for how long Jones can keep that up we'll see. Jones would not only have to be ready physically , but mentally and hes going to have to find a way to neutralize Bradleys inside game, but I aint sayin how cuz Id want Bradley to win! Bradley is a very physical fighter that can wear you down but he can box too and his boxing is underrated. I think it would resemble alot to the Holt fight, but Im not sure if any knockdowns will happen.
Good post.... Bradley has the edge mentally.. but Jones is a tall order
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

Bradley by UD
H . is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

He already has proven he doesn't KO any fighter under 154... What the hell are you talking about, Ripper?
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1448

Lol I was just trolling about the KO anybody under 154 part. I like to overrated Jones some
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
ViktorVaughn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jones takes this one! He's way bigger than Bradley and he's got some good skills. BTW we have no idea how Bradley carries the weight! The last time he moved up he didn't look that impressive. BTW let's not mention Carmen Basilio please.
ViktorVaughn is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
Yeah I see a similar kind of fight. It would be a tough fight for Bradley but Jones just isn't in that class. Jones is a contender while Bradley is a pound for pound star.

Bradley has better technique, better skills on every level, and more speed. He only lacks power.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #13
blai213
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

only via head butt
blai213 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #14
GoldenArms
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bradley by decision
GoldenArms is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #15
Manfred
Champion
East Side Guru

I like Bradley but Bradley caint **** with Mike Jones. Who? MIKE JONES!!!! . i like the fight better for Joneses sake.It would push him forward and open up better opertunities for him to prove that hes the next class act in the welters. Hes got some big shoes to fill.AKA MONEY.
Manfred is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum