Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
BigP1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 516
Default Re: Bellew and Cleverley post-fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
It seems slightly ironic that some of the people being amused by TBs antics outside the ring are the same people who criticised Haye for being a boorish prick....Haye chats shit to hype a fight Tony looks like he chats shit for jollies
That means he's doing it well then surely?
BigP1983 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #32
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales View Post
If Cleverly had a decent trainer that could get inside his head, Bellew would have no chance. But Cleverly is allowed to get himself in tearups and the macho shit that doesn't become him. This will be his downfall at some point. Whether it will be against Bellew is a possibility. To be honest, I'd sooner it happened at this point in his career than later on. If he gets stopped against a decent puncher like Bellew at domestic level then he can come back from that. If, all of a sudden he steps in with Cloud or any world level decent puncher, it will be too late.
agree with most of this, i like clev but hes had an easy route to the titles hes won, he wont get an easy night against bellew, hes going to try and out fight him and he will get hurt as a result. bellew vs mckenzie II might have been boring but why take unnecessary risks with a world title fight around the corner?

bellews still learning just like clev is, clevs at a more advanced stage but it wont mean shit when they fight cos bellew will make it his kind of fight...
unorthodox is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #33
RockyMartinez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

And what his kind of fight? Are you really trying to claim Bellew is going to outbox him? If they're going to stand and war it Cleverly wins easy for all his defence frailities the lad s got a great chin where as Tony visits canvas against non-punchers
RockyMartinez is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
neil hibbert
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KELLY View Post
Tony the rat killer Bellew.
hahhaha legendary
neil hibbert is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #35
Jamacianlad3434
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMartinez View Post
And what his kind of fight? Are you really trying to claim Bellew is going to outbox him? If they're going to stand and war it Cleverly wins easy for all his defence frailities the lad s got a great chin where as Tony visits canvas against non-punchers
How can you claim Cleverly posseses a 'great chin' when he was wobbled badly by a powderpuff puncher in his last fight? Just because he was caught a few times by Murat and he stayed up it doesn't all of a sudden mean he has an iron chin.
Jamacianlad3434 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #36
RockyMartinez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

As opposed to being dropped by monster punchers OVIL MCKENZIE AND BOB ASJASFE. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
RockyMartinez is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

I'm getting confused. One minute Cleverly is getting compared to a rat, the next he has arms like a T-Rex.... anybody else have anymore animals to compare him to? Extinct/Fictional/Living.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #38
Jamacianlad3434
Journeyman

Quote:
As opposed to being dropped by monster punchers OVIL MCKENZIE AND BOB ASJASFE. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Hey, i didn't say i think Bellew is a good boxer or that he has a great chin, because he clearly doesn't. But don't let yor biases cloud your judgement. Im pretty certain Cleverly will beat Bellew, but if he goes in with someone like Cloud straight away after he will be ko'd for definite.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #39
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP1983 View Post
That means he's doing it well then surely?
Nah...it just makes him a bit of a boorish thug
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #40
dannylatics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamacianlad3434 View Post
Hey, i didn't say i think Bellew is a good boxer or that he has a great chin, because he clearly doesn't. But don't let yor biases cloud your judgement. Im pretty certain Cleverly will beat Bellew, but if he goes in with someone like Cloud straight away after he will be ko'd for definite.
Which bit doesn't Tony have? Because he has proved he certainly has a chin.
dannylatics is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #41
Jamacianlad3434
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylatics View Post
Which bit doesn't Tony have? Because he has proved he certainly has a chin.
Bellew's proved he most certainly has excellent powers of recovery, but there's no question his struggling to make weight has affected his ability to take a hard shot without going down.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #42
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Great chin? When's Clev ever been in with a genuine puncher? Danny macintosh is possibly the biggest puncher he's been in with. Murat is a smw. I don't think we can really say he's got a 'great' chin can we based on who he's been in with thus far
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #43
King Haye1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

cant believe some of the crap thats getting chatted on this subject. people are saying clev will k.o bellew and in quick fashion. are yous all on drugs???

since when has feather fist cleverly ever and i mean ever been able to punch. he is a fighter who grinds people down, any1 who knows anything about boxing knows cleverly cant punch to save his life.

people might argue on who will win and how, but to say cleverly by k.o and early k.o, well thats just utter shit

imo bellew will k.o cleverly inside the first 6, the reason i say this is coz i know bellew is a hige puncher at this weight, and also what every1 keeps forgetting is that altho bellew was put down by ovil with a heavy shot he bounced right back up, but what about when joe vegas put cleverly on his ass and he could barley stand. yes it was a long time ago but still people are making out like cleverly hasnt been hurt. i was there that night and cleverly was gone. he also was very lucky to win the fight.

how people can say cleverly will k.o bellew when there is no evidence to suggest that what so ever. he may out box him or ware him down but he does not have the 1 punch power to even shake bellew up.

the fight is on! take it from me

we will now see who is going to do what once and for all
King Haye1 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #44
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just not sure how hard clev hits think his record KO ratio built a bit middleweight afrobums but still think Cleverly wins buthope Bellew gets the win his celebrations would be epic
Robert is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #45
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
"I'm not gonna box like that against you".. thank **** for that! That wasn't Boxing.. it was Boring.
it was boxing
s23041983 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum