Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #31
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 75
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
danny is an excellent human being who probably bit off more than he could chew last night, if hes not ready to give it up i would try go down to lhw i have always thought since his comback he could make a dent in the division, last night showed he wont go down, ( i know he was ****ed up but he has the heart of a warrior) and at least he would be able to use his bullying style on people like cleverly and shumenov etc if he wants some wins to cement his legacy
turn it up. excellent human being. Excellent human beings don't carry on the way Danny doe's. The fake charity bullshit offer to embarass Mundine was pathetic.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #32
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
danny is an excellent human being who probably bit off more than he could chew last night, if hes not ready to give it up i would try go down to lhw i have always thought since his comback he could make a dent in the division, last night showed he wont go down, ( i know he was ****ed up but he has the heart of a warrior) and at least he would be able to use his bullying style on people like cleverly and shumenov etc if he wants some wins to cement his legacy
Shumenov would outbox him IMO
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #33
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Shumenov would outbox him IMO
He is a crisp boxer, watched his first title fight and was very impressed. I think he would handle green no problems.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #34
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 346
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj
danny is an excellent human being who probably bit off more than he could chew last night, if hes not ready to give it up i would try go down to lhw i have always thought since his comback he could make a dent in the division, last night showed he wont go down, ( i know he was ****ed up but he has the heart of a warrior) and at least he would be able to use his bullying style on people like cleverly and shumenov etc if he wants some wins to cement his legacy

"My chihuahua dog he's got bigger balls than that"

He is a scumbag redneck bogan who got dusted up and exposed for the fraud he is. This is boxing, not bully sport you fool, it was only a matter of time before what he was doing was going to catch up with him just like it did to Mundine, get over it he is a nobody in the world of boxing, the only place he means something is in Perth or in Bogan Trailer Trash Caravan parks. He is CAVEMAN, primitive fighter, carried on like a pork chop, over confident not humble and got his asshole handed to him on a plate. That is Justice, Fair Dinkum m8 the Aussie way and its why so many Australias are happy today that Danny Green finally got Sat the **** Down!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #35
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 346
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I think one reason why Green is disliked is that he is a bully sort of figure, he tries to act the hard man and talk about knocking over horses and all sorts of silly shit. It sounds good to somebody who doesn't understand boxing, but to somebody like myself who respects the art of boxing it's pointless and makes him sound like an insecure narcissist. His style and his persona offends me, he is a caveman and people who don't know boxing believe that boxing is Danny Green. That's not boxing, that's unintelligent bogan rock em sock em robot style. As soon as someone doesn't fall over he loses confidence, he lacks character and intelligence. I don't respect someone like that. His choice of opponents and his constant attempts to talk himself up hurt boxing. Alot of non boxing fans changed their tune over the past few years, you ask them their opinion on Green and it's "He's a dickhead who's full of himself". It paints a bad picture of boxing when their only exposure to boxing is Mundine and Green. At least Mundine has shown some boxing skills over the years.
I hope some of those people watched the Tarver fight to see that boxing can be about skills and class without juvenile tough talk. Tarver made Green seem like a weak man inside and outside the ring.
Spot on once again, dam you have a way with words.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #36
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Andy Raymond said some outrageous comments Josey i agree....very very mediocre commentating
was that the same dude who screamed "came from tim buck too!!". that was classic. other then that one highlight he was pretty bias.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 346
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Why cant they give us neutral commentators? makes us look like bias pigs to the rest of the world when they do this sht time and time again.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #38
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I think one reason why Green is disliked is that he is a bully sort of figure, he tries to act the hard man and talk about knocking over horses and all sorts of silly shit. It sounds good to somebody who doesn't understand boxing, but to somebody like myself who respects the art of boxing it's pointless and makes him sound like an insecure narcissist. His style and his persona offends me, he is a caveman and people who don't know boxing believe that boxing is Danny Green. That's not boxing, that's unintelligent bogan rock em sock em robot style. As soon as someone doesn't fall over he loses confidence, he lacks character and intelligence. I don't respect someone like that. His choice of opponents and his constant attempts to talk himself up hurt boxing. Alot of non boxing fans changed their tune over the past few years, you ask them their opinion on Green and it's "He's a dickhead who's full of himself". It paints a bad picture of boxing when their only exposure to boxing is Mundine and Green. At least Mundine has shown some boxing skills over the years.
I hope some of those people watched the Tarver fight to see that boxing can be about skills and class without juvenile tough talk. Tarver made Green seem like a weak man inside and outside the ring.
This is my exact feeling. Although i dont mind talking urself up this is boxing after all and talking down opponents is expected but the way he has conducted himself since loosin to mundine is cringeworthy.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #39
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
turn it up. excellent human being. Excellent human beings don't carry on the way Danny doe's. The fake charity bullshit offer to embarass Mundine was pathetic.
just speaking from personal experience stiffy, i respect that you have an opinion on the guy also but it doesnt change my views on him. I can imagine its pretty hard to be constantly in the limelight (which is his intention) where everything you do, be it good or bad , is scrutinised by the public, i dare say if some of the posters on here had all of their decisions constantly making the news forums they would be a lot worsely regarded.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #40
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
was that the same dude who screamed "came from tim buck too!!". that was classic. other then that one highlight he was pretty bias.
Sure was him.
Im surprised he wasnt decked out in a Green Machine Jumper & Hat.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #41
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
just speaking from personal experience stiffy, i respect that you have an opinion on the guy also but it doesnt change my views on him. I can imagine its pretty hard to be constantly in the limelight (which is his intention) where everything you do, be it good or bad , is scrutinised by the public, i dare say if some of the posters on here had all of their decisions constantly making the news forums they would be a lot worsely regarded.
It wouldnt b easy that's for sure but u get paid the big bucks, comes with the territory. gotta deal with it me thinks.

On a side note aus media is very bias and most of dannys publicity is very positive. compare the service green gets to mundines....... On top of that boxing aint big in aus and he generally is only in the public eye when he wants to be.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #42
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Sure was him.
Im surprised he wasnt decked out in a Green Machine Jumper & Hat.
lol.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #43
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 346
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

when he wants to cash in lol

He wouldnt shut up on facebook, if he spent more time training and less time on facebook who knows, naaa just kidding he was still gonna loose haha but 4 real he was updating almost everyday on facebook, now he isnt updating, not attending media meetings after the fight, he has turned his nose up at all you cunts and is in hiding.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #44
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
This is my exact feeling. Although i dont mind talking urself up this is boxing after all and talking down opponents is expected but the way he has conducted himself since loosin to mundine is cringeworthy.

How has Mundine conducted himself since the Green bout Mr 3 time?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #45
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Thank greeny for a great career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
How has Mundine conducted himself since the Green bout Mr 3 time?
They have both gone in the same direction.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013