Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 835
Default Morales vs Barrera 1 Scorecard

I normally test my judging in technical hard to score tactical fights. Iíve decided to test myself and score a tough 50/50 slugfest.

1-Barrera 10-9 he was the aggressor but it was close.
2-

Barrera 10-9 he seemed to be first in the exchanges and I like the combinations he threw where he got in the left hook. Also one of his right hands was the best punch of the round.

3-Barrera 10-9 In a slower round with not much getting in Barrera got Morales on the ropes several times and I was also impressed by the body punching. Morales rallied late but it was not enough.

4-Even 10-10 nobody gets this round. Morales came out desperate looking to climb into the fight and get momentum but he smothers himself on the inside. Morales would land these straight rights and big uppercuts but Barrera would respond.
5-

Morales 10-9 Morales came up big in the most brutal round of the fight. He seemed to hurt him a lot. Barrera fired back but then Morales came back with more. Though Morales looked very tired at the end of the round he certainly did more to win it.
6-

Morales 10-9 I was mostly impressed with his right hand. He also seemed to be the one doing the initiating. Barrera landed a nice assortment of left hooks.
7-Morales 10-9 he out worked Barrera inside. He also landed these vicious right hooks throughout the round. Barrera did back him up with left hooks upstairs and got him trapped on the ropes. Also Barrera has been brutal to the body and landed a hell of a right hand at the tail end of the round one of the hardest shots of the fight.
8-

Barrera 10-9 in a round where clean effective punching stole the show. I had Morales take the last 3 on higher activity in rounds where Barrera landed harder and cleaner but not often enough. This round Morales slowed and Barrera tagged him with a few right hand bombs, a big 1-2, and was targeting that body. Big exchange at the end of the round favors Barrera who had him on the ropes and landed the hardest shot of the series.
9-

Barrera 10-9 was attacking him and landing these flush hard shots. Morales seemed hurt at times and was unsuccessful in his response.

10-Even 10-10 A war of attrition round where both men were hurt at points with no conclusive winner.

11- Barrera 10-9 in a round where Morales was on the retreat and Barrera was on the attack.

12-Barrera 10-8 a round I had Morales ahead in until the last 40 seconds. He was using his range and legs and fighting smart. Then Barrera caught him on the ropes and dished. Morales legs went to jelly and he hit the canvas but was up quickly and protested. Barrera came in and finished strong.

Final Verdict Barrera by way of a 117-112 Decision

referee: Mitch Halpern | judge: Carol Castellano 113-114 | judge: Duane Ford 114-113 | judge: Dalby Shirley 112-115

I saw this fight wider than the judges probably agreeing with Shirley the most. I thought Barrera took this fight and handily. Morales started awful. Then strung together a few rounds. Barrera then surged at the end as Morales legs seemed to wilt. Overall Barrera fought his fight for the most part. Morales should have used the legs more and fought on the outside. The even rounds favor Barrera and the knockdown really hurt Morales cause. Iím not shocked Morales got the nod though it was a tough fight.

Is my card a bit too wide?
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Morales vs Barrera 1 Scorecard

Been a while since I last saw the fight, but I remember having it alot closer than your card.
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 144

I seem to recall having it scored 116-111 for Barrera, which I believe was what Ledderman had in that particular fight.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

That first fight its kind of easy to give the swing rounds to Barrera because of all the damage his left hook to the body did. Actually every time I watch it I score it differently, Morales fought his heart out too, I just think in general he didn't do as much damage but he stayed busier than I remember through a lot of rounds (round five is the exception, he did a TON of damage to Barrera in that round.)
aramini is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
KO KIDD
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
That first fight its kind of easy to give the swing rounds to Barrera because of all the damage his left hook to the body did. Actually every time I watch it I score it differently, Morales fought his heart out too, I just think in general he didn't do as much damage but he stayed busier than I remember through a lot of rounds (round five is the exception, he did a TON of damage to Barrera in that round.)
thats how i saw it
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
bailey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 183

Its been a while since I watched this fight but I remember that I had Morales by a 1 point winner.
Many people dont score the round as a whole and just score the last 30 seconds or last few punches.
It was a very close fantastic fight with no losers but I thought Morales by a point. Great fight, one of the best
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1291

I had Barrera quite clear. Maybe 8 rounds to 4.
TheDon is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Andy McNab
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 331

Barrera won the 1st
Morales won the 2nd
barrera won the 3rd

Watched thes many times, probably too many.
Andy McNab is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Steenalized
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 203

Had Barrera up like 8 rds to 4 if memory serves, I know it was a clear win
Steenalized is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
slim
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 748

Barrera won all 3 fights for me the 1 and 3 most clearly.
slim is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Barrera won the 1st
Morales won the 2nd
barrera won the 3rd

Watched thes many times, probably too many.
2nd fight they split the first half with MAB boxing, MAB took about 5 of the last 6 when they started brawling.

I love EM too and I understand the urge to want to give him one of these fights, but the fact is the score should be 3-0 Barrera. Truth is, the first fight was closer than the rematch. It just doesn't play well when you desperately want the series to seem more even than it was. Their first fight is just about the greatest fight I've ever seen.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Yeah I had it closer then you, but still had Barrera winning.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 356

I had it 115-112 to Barrera.
1971791 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
I normally test my judging in technical hard to score tactical fights. Iíve decided to test myself and score a tough 50/50 slugfest.

1-Barrera 10-9 he was the aggressor but it was close.
2-

Barrera 10-9 he seemed to be first in the exchanges and I like the combinations he threw where he got in the left hook. Also one of his right hands was the best punch of the round.

3-Barrera 10-9 In a slower round with not much getting in Barrera got Morales on the ropes several times and I was also impressed by the body punching. Morales rallied late but it was not enough.

4-Even 10-10 nobody gets this round. Morales came out desperate looking to climb into the fight and get momentum but he smothers himself on the inside. Morales would land these straight rights and big uppercuts but Barrera would respond.
5-

Morales 10-9 Morales came up big in the most brutal round of the fight. He seemed to hurt him a lot. Barrera fired back but then Morales came back with more. Though Morales looked very tired at the end of the round he certainly did more to win it.
6-

Morales 10-9 I was mostly impressed with his right hand. He also seemed to be the one doing the initiating. Barrera landed a nice assortment of left hooks.
7-Morales 10-9 he out worked Barrera inside. He also landed these vicious right hooks throughout the round. Barrera did back him up with left hooks upstairs and got him trapped on the ropes. Also Barrera has been brutal to the body and landed a hell of a right hand at the tail end of the round one of the hardest shots of the fight.
8-

Barrera 10-9 in a round where clean effective punching stole the show. I had Morales take the last 3 on higher activity in rounds where Barrera landed harder and cleaner but not often enough. This round Morales slowed and Barrera tagged him with a few right hand bombs, a big 1-2, and was targeting that body. Big exchange at the end of the round favors Barrera who had him on the ropes and landed the hardest shot of the series.
9-

Barrera 10-9 was attacking him and landing these flush hard shots. Morales seemed hurt at times and was unsuccessful in his response.

10-Even 10-10 A war of attrition round where both men were hurt at points with no conclusive winner.

11- Barrera 10-9 in a round where Morales was on the retreat and Barrera was on the attack.

12-Barrera 10-8 a round I had Morales ahead in until the last 40 seconds. He was using his range and legs and fighting smart. Then Barrera caught him on the ropes and dished. Morales legs went to jelly and he hit the canvas but was up quickly and protested. Barrera came in and finished strong.

Final Verdict Barrera by way of a 117-112 Decision

referee: Mitch Halpern | judge: Carol Castellano 113-114 | judge: Duane Ford 114-113 | judge: Dalby Shirley 112-115

I saw this fight wider than the judges probably agreeing with Shirley the most. I thought Barrera took this fight and handily. Morales started awful. Then strung together a few rounds. Barrera then surged at the end as Morales legs seemed to wilt. Overall Barrera fought his fight for the most part. Morales should have used the legs more and fought on the outside. The even rounds favor Barrera and the knockdown really hurt Morales cause. Iím not shocked Morales got the nod though it was a tough fight.

Is my card a bit too wide?
Yes, your card is WAY WAY too wide, this was a very close fight.

Ive seen this fight more than any other fight, my card is this....

1. Barrera 10-9
2. Barrera 10-9
3. Morales 10-9
4. Morales 10-9
5. Morales 10-9
6. Morales 10-9
7. Morales 10-9
8. Barrera 10-9
9. Morales 10-9
10. Morales 10-9
11. Barrera 10-9
12. Barrera 10-9 (the KD was fake but MAB won the rd anyway so 10-9 it is)

7-5 Morales

At least half of those rds were razor close so I have no problem with a Barrera win here... as long as its a very close win.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #15
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

I had it for Morales, based on activity. The rounds Barrera won would clear because of effective punching, but overall, Morales imo did more and won in my eyes.
IsaL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum