Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Green not set to retire after loss

Tarver takes him out quicker in the rematch. Green is simply not in the same league as Tarver.
roscoe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #32
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Green felt the power early and shat himself then tried what he did against flores but it didnt work, if he was more aggressive it would have stopped earlier IMO
raff is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #33
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Cameron still hopeful of a Green fight despite Green losing his title.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #34
cobba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

perhaps the operation Green had took its toll. If that were the case, and he is on the mend he could keep up a higher work rate next time around. Basically he needs to walk through the jab and cop one to give two back ... that is his best chance of winning the rematch.
cobba is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict

Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
vCash: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobba View Post
perhaps the operation Green had took its toll. If that were the case, and he is on the mend he could keep up a higher work rate next time around. Basically he needs to walk through the jab and cop one to give two back ... that is his best chance of winning the rematch.
bro he had an apendix removed not like he had cancer or anything.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #36
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
He said he was fine. Perhaps he underestimated Tarver. Since Tarver KO'd RJJ he had only 1 stoppage win in 2007 and Tarver has been inactive.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #37
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

What was the story with Tarver's gloves?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #38
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Perhaps the fact that Green has not beaten ANYONE except for the cold shell of Roy Jones Jr left him unprepared to deal with a world level fighter with some degree of warm blood coursing through his veins (even if he was 42).

This is what is ridiculous about Mundine and Green supporters - I ask supporters of both to please tell me in glorious detail about each ones greatest victory.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #39
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
What was the story with Tarver's gloves?
I read something about there being two choices of Gloves in the contract for the fight, then on the night Danny switched the gloves and provided a different brand that was not in the contract (for both Green and Tarver).
Apparently Tarver was blowing up,, untill his trainer told him to have a feel, noticing that there was less padding then he was used around the knuckles, so he decided to shut his mouth and box on, knowing he was more skilled and able to take advantage of the gloves.
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #40
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Perhaps the fact that Green has not beaten ANYONE except for the cold shell of Roy Jones Jr left him unprepared to deal with a world level fighter with some degree of warm blood coursing through his veins (even if he was 42).

This is what is ridiculous about Mundine and Green supporters - I ask supporters of both to please tell me in glorious detail about each ones greatest victory.
Open a new topic on the subject lol I am sure you will get many bites, myself included
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #41
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

On the scene, Wlodarczyk wants green next,, may be able to get a proper title and not have to rematch Tarver?
Not that I know much about Wlodarczyk admittedly, but he isn't any where near as good as cunningham?
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #42
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post

On the scene, Wlodarczyk wants green next,, may be able to get a proper title and not have to rematch Tarver?
Not that I know much about Wlodarczyk admittedly, but he isn't any where near as good as cunningham?
Damn Green. Take it mate. Chance for a REAL belt against an opponent well below the caliber of Tarver. If not you may as well retire with your tail between your legs....
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #43
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

He takes it he gets KTFO again, if im right which i usually am, he will fight fcktard Cameron next to Milk the brainless soft part of skull Green fans a bit more before he is exposed once again!

Lets face it guys, he is not a legit World Elite CW, he is just some fck who got a name from fighting Mundine.

Game Over!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #44
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

The game is not over until danny says so.
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #45
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He takes it he gets KTFO again, if im right which i usually am, he will fight fcktard Cameron next to Milk the brainless soft part of skull Green fans a bit more before he is exposed once again!

Lets face it guys, he is not a legit World Elite CW, he is just some fck who got a name from fighting Mundine.

Game Over!
You are probably right, have you seen much of wlodarczyk? From what I have seen i think he would be an easier fight then Tarver?
Appart from Cunningham imo the devision is pretty weak (especially after the only strong fighters went to hw), Jones doesnt look great, Huck (if you can get him out of germany) looks very beatable, he sd lebedev who appart from luckily icing jones in the very last seconds of the fight struggled against corpse rjj most the fight.

In saying that after Green vs Tarver, no I do not think he can beat any of them, but if he does want to go out with a last hurra and regain some respect who do you think he should target?
Do you think that Wlodarczyk for a credible and legitimate belt (WBC) would be his best shot?
biajoli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum