Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Khan: 'I am Britains best boxer'

Slightly unnecessary to say the least

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Pound-for pound, I'm way ahead of all the other British fighters, and I think people know that," Khan told BBC Sport.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan: 'I am Britains best boxer'

Just promotion, I doubt he actually believes it
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

p4p, he's pretty much the biggest **** in British boxing
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
jtowen

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
Slightly unnecessary to say the least

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Pound-for pound, I'm way ahead of all the other British fighters, and I think people know that," Khan told BBC Sport.

And he wonders why nobody likes him and his 4am PPV is going to sell bollock all. Froch has fought better fighters than khan for a consistant ammount of time on a world level, for khan to say he's way ahead of all other brits is again very short sighted to say the least.

I really believe amirs going to go the mayweather route of love me or hate me in order to sell ppv's, which i don't think will work over here, especially without any mainstream marketing. Lets be honest no ****er watches channel 5 anyway, so he isn't goin to get any fairweather buys off the back of chisora fury. To most sports fans Sky Sports News is watched at least once a day, when amir was on sky his fights were advertised at least twice an hour in the week leading up to the fight, by the time fight night came around every sports fan with sky knew about that fight. Can the same be said about Khan-Judah (possibly Khan's biggest fight to date), no it can't, barely anyone knows about it and even less are going to pay for it.
jtowen is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4eva View Post
Just promotion, I doubt he actually believes it
I think he does Amir thinks Humility is something to do with the weather innit.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowen View Post
Can the same be said about Khan-Judah (possibly Khan's biggest fight to date), no it can't, barely anyone knows about it and even less are going to pay for it.
I think things ahve picked up a bit, a few causals I know are gonn a buy it now.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
punk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I hope for his sake he is not going down that route. Stupid
punk is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Didn't take long for him to start spouting that shit again.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
punk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowen View Post
And he wonders why nobody likes him and his 4am PPV is going to sell bollock all. Froch has fought better fighters than khan for a consistant ammount of time on a world level, for khan to say he's way ahead of all other brits is again very short sighted to say the least.

I really believe amirs going to go the mayweather route of love me or hate me in order to sell ppv's, which i don't think will work over here, especially without any mainstream marketing. Lets be honest no ****er watches channel 5 anyway, so he isn't goin to get any fairweather buys off the back of chisora fury. To most sports fans Sky Sports News is watched at least once a day, when amir was on sky his fights were advertised at least twice an hour in the week leading up to the fight, by the time fight night came around every sports fan with sky knew about that fight. Can the same be said about Khan-Judah (possibly Khan's biggest fight to date), no it can't, barely anyone knows about it and even less are going to pay for it.
Spot on mate.

I do believe Khan has the tools to go on to big things though. With that attitude no chance.
punk is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
Ace

vCash:

Pound for Pound alot of people would agree. He's giving his own opinion.

What would you prefer he say, "No I think it's between me and Carl, I'm an ok fighter and I hope that I win my upcoming fight against Judah"

Being confident bordering on arrogance is good for any boxer, that is if you have the tools to back it up, judging on Khans performances he does.

And quite honestly I think Khan has had enough of the crap he has received from the British boxers/public for whatever reason, although alot of us would agree what it really boils down to.

Being the good guy got him nowehere, being nice to to other boxers got him nowhere, Froch acted like a complete and utter scumbag when Khan was rebuilding his career after Prescott shamelessly trying to appeal to the Khan haters for some much needed publicity

Kell Brook twat
John murray twat

The list goes on and on

The only fighter who hasn't needed to name drop Khan was Hatton, says alot, if your successful you don't need to hate on any up coming fighter.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
wow_junky
Retired
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 887

It's between him and Froch, the rest aren't even close, so he isn't that wrong.
wow_junky is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Froch is Britains best fighter..by a distance.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #13
skellington
Bogbrush
ESB Senior Member

I know what you're saying there Ace, but he rubs people up the wrong way needlessly. I mean what is the point of continuing this feud with the Hearns? It just seems unprofessional.
skellington is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #14
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Pound for Pound alot of people would agree. He's giving his own opinion.

What would you prefer he say, "No I think it's between me and Carl, I'm an ok fighter and I hope that I win my upcoming fight against Judah"

Being confident bordering on arrogance is good for any boxer, that is if you have the tools to back it up, judging on Khans performances he does.

And quite honestly I think Khan has had enough of the crap he has received from the British boxers/public for whatever reason, although alot of us would agree what it really boils down to.

Being the good guy got him nowehere, being nice to to other boxers got him nowhere, Froch acted like a complete and utter scumbag when Khan was rebuilding his career after Prescott shamelessly trying to appeal to the Khan haters for some much needed publicity

Kell Brook twat
John murray twat

The list goes on and on

The only fighter who hasn't needed to name drop Khan was Hatton, says alot, if your successful you don't need to hate on any up coming fighter.
Well to be accurate he did actually used to name drop Hatton as did the rest of TK.

I don't think this sort of thing will harm his chances of becoming "big" at all. The people who make you into a superstar, the general public, don't know any better than to believe this stuff. If him saying this helps promotes his fight and happens to piss off a few hundred or a few thousand people, but at the same time makes hundreds of thousands take notice, then it doesn't really matter.

He is of course joking, I very much doubt he considers himself ahead of David Haye's achievements so far.
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
Dereksmegster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The only thing out of order with this is that he says he's far ahead of anyone else. That's where he puts his foot in his mouth. Other than that what's he said wrong? He is a total gobshite at times we all know that but all in all he us taking risks. He is doing what other British fighters should be doing. Going over to the states where you're in the mix. Taking yourself out of the comfort zone and taking off the protective blanket British boxing gives you.
Dereksmegster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum