Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Judah: "I am still the pound for pound the best fighter in the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4eva View Post
You're missing the point. I'm not talking about bruising. The point is that Mallignaggi was getting through. You can see that through watching the fight.
So what you're saying is that Khan shouldn't have got hit at all? Sounds like you don't really rate Malignaggi at all then.

That was the thought of many. People said, 'if Malignaggi did that, imagine what Maidana would do?' We saw that Maidana did get through, and we saw Khan take punches, come through a hard 10th round and actually come out with a lesser bruised face than the one in the Malignaggi fight.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #17
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Judah: "I am still the pound for pound the best fighter in the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Seriously, how does a defeat make it the end of the road for a fighter?!

Look at damn Ortiz and the place he's now in. He looked like he was done after that Peterson fight, but look at him now, fighting FMJ, and has world title.
Ortiz wasn't particularly wealthy, hadn't been world champion. He had to come back.

I don't think Khan would want to.
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Khan was wealthy before he got knocked out and humiliated by Prescott, he was back in the gym the next day.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

From what I know, Ortiz was/is very wealthy. The Berto fight didn't all of a sudden change that.

And what makes you think that? My knowledge on best British comebacks is pretty limited, but I haven't noted any fighter that's come back the way Amir has, and the hunger that he has is bar-none, imo.

I definitely think Khan would.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #20
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Khan's come back well not as raw and hard working as Benn's comeback who went to U.S to fight and fight he did.

It all depends on how Khan loses on Saturday if he gets sparked then he's got a very long hard road back. Self Belief that's been built up over last 2 years will be destroyed and only positives he will have is coming back after Prescott but let's face it...he didn't fight a puncher for a good two years.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So what you're saying is that Khan shouldn't have got hit at all? Sounds like you don't really rate Malignaggi at all then.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Of course the aim isn't to be hit.

The point is Mallignaggi is the best boxer Khan has faced, had some success, yet didn't have the power to do anything about it. He's now going into the ring against Judah who is more troublesome than Paulie and can punch.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
From what I know, Ortiz was/is very wealthy. The Berto fight didn't all of a sudden change that.
It might seem that way but it isn't the case. 150-250K a fight, before costs and tax when you are fighting 3 times a year isn't really enough to retire on when you have the limited shelf life that boxers do.

The Berto fight changed everything, especially financially.

Obviously for Khan the biggest aim was to become World Champion. He's achieved that. I just can't see him wanting to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
It all depends on how Khan loses on Saturday if he gets sparked then he's got a very long hard road back.
For me it's the opposite, I think if he got sparked he could explain it. He could say as with Prescott that it was a moment of error. If he was beaten technically I think it would be more damaging to him , as it would show to him his own limitations.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

I think people need to give Khan the respect to what he is set out to do at his young age, to give you an example Degale is a year older than Khan and we still class Degale as one of our future world champions.

Khan is playing a risky game to the top and is willing to fight anyone to get there.

He wanted to face No.1 140 Bradley, when he could not get that fight, he goes after another belt holder and a fast, powerful puncher Zab Judah.

The way Khan's path is set out, he can't lose, losing is not a option.

This is what boxing is should be about, just a few mins ago Khan in his final presser said 'You hit me once I'll hit you twice, I am a Warrior.

This is how Warriors fight, bring on anyone.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Of course the aim isn't to be hit.

The point is Mallignaggi is the best boxer Khan has faced, had some success, yet didn't have the power to do anything about it. He's now going into the ring against Judah who is more troublesome than Paulie and can punch.
Of course it is, but it's Boxing, and you're going to get hit. In Amir's words 'When you go into a shower, you're going to get wet, and when you go into a Boxing ring, you're going to get hit'

Amir didn't respect Malignaggi's power (who does?) and didn't care what was coming his way. With Judah, they know the risks, and obviously, Freddie Roach will be well well aware of this along with Amir himself and will fight differently.

I really don't think Judah is so much more troublesome, to be honest. I don't rate his performances against Mattyhsse and Mabuza at all. Mabuza, who I don't consider a top 10 140 pounder, wasn't exactly dominated by Judah and even hurt Judah at one time.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
It might seem that way but it isn't the case. 150-250K a fight, before costs and tax when you are fighting 3 times a year isn't really enough to retire on when you have the limited shelf life that boxers do.

The Berto fight changed everything, especially financially.

Obviously for Khan the biggest aim was to become World Champion. He's achieved that. I just can't see him wanting to.

For me it's the opposite, I think if he got sparked he could explain it. He could say as with Prescott that it was a moment of error. If he was beaten technically I think it would be more damaging to him , as it would show to him his own limitations.
Hmm i see where your coming from. I kinda agree but when i read ''i have one of best chins in boxing'' then him getting sparked will dent him.

I watched a little bit of the McCloskey bout. The way he falls in and smothers work if Zab's sharp and can pull trigger then i think Khan's gonna get hurt somewhere down the line. Judah has to do a bit more then what he did against Mabuza though. I felt at times he was trying to look to Sweet Pea like.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #26
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I don't read anything into Malinaggi managing to hit Kahn. Even in the fights he loses Paulie manages to "get through", hes pretty fast and accurate so of course he's going to land some punches.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #27
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ah, if that's your point, then I actually agree with you, to an extent. I thought you may be looking at it as if Amir getting knocked out, then it's over.

Yeah, if he is getting beating technically, I think it definitely does show his limitations. This is actually something that's been coming up since the Maidana fight, and if proven on Saturday, then I think you could be right, but regardless, I reckon he'd come back.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #28
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I don't read anything into Malinaggi managing to hit Kahn. Even in the fights he loses Paulie manages to "get through", hes pretty fast and accurate so of course he's going to land some punches.
Thats the point theyre trying to make, he gets through and his power is minimal, however that is not the case with Zab.

Still i believe Khan will win.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #29
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Maidana got through with plenty, Khan didn't get knocked out, actually depends on what Khan chin shows up for the fight.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #30
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud1 View Post
Thats the point theyre trying to make, he gets through and his power is minimal, however that is not the case with Zab.

Still i believe Khan will win.
I know thats the point they are making. But Paulie getting through doesn't nessarcerily mean Zab will, thats the point I'm making. Paulie always "gets through".
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum