Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Judah: "I am still the pound for pound the best fighter in the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I know thats the point they are making. But Paulie getting through doesn't nessarcerily mean Zab will, thats the point I'm making. Paulie always "gets through".
Zab is a smarter and faster fighter than paulie imo.

Last edited by spud1; 07-21-2011 at 06:53 PM.
spud1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #32
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Judah: "I am still the pound for pound the best fighter in the world"

Judah needs to stop Khan having success early to middle of fight. Khan is a very nervous fighter and he loses concentration. Zab needs to be focused as Pernell said the other day and he needs to mix his work up. Must maintain centre ring and not wait for single punches. At times i'd step to Khan and force him into decisions and mistakes and then i'd step back off and make him lead.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud1 View Post
Zab is a smarter and faster fighter that paulie imo.
Better as well
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #34
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

I think people don't give Paulie his just dues, the guy has no punching power and had to rely on pure boxing skills to win his fights, and Khan behind his super jab that night took the boxer to boxing school.

Alot of people are under rating Khan's boxing skills, this will be no walk down like the Maidana fight, this will be a boxing chess match and we are still yet to see Khan outboxed.

The key to this fight for Khan in this fight is to stay cool and follow the gamplan.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #35
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Judah needs to stop Khan having success early to middle of fight. Khan is a very nervous fighter and he loses concentration. Zab needs to be focused as Pernell said the other day and he needs to mix his work up. Must maintain centre ring and not wait for single punches. At times i'd step to Khan and force him into decisions and mistakes and then i'd step back off and make him lead.
I wouldnt say he is a nervous fighter.

Quote:
Better as well
I agree with this though.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #36
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
I wouldnt say he is a nervous fighter.

I agree with this though.
Watch Khan early on, In build up to fight (intro's etc) lot of deep breath's which i would say is him feeling the nerves. He then comes out very fast like against Maidana he fires out a lot of punches. He then settles and picks a lovely body shot in same round. He doesn't really think about his punch output at times he just rattles of punches and at times thinks about his work.

I just feel he's a nervy fighter early on.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #37
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Watch Khan early on, In build up to fight (intro's etc) lot of deep breath's which i would say is him feeling the nerves. He then comes out very fast like against Maidana he fires out a lot of punches. He then settles and picks a lovely body shot in same round. He doesn't really think about his punch output at times he just rattles of punches and at times thinks about his work.

I just feel he's a nervy fighter early on.
I dont think its bad nerves, all fighters should be nervous before a bout.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #38
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
I dont think its bad nerves, all fighters should be nervous before a bout.
I agree. Some handle it differently to others. Froch i've heard is very nervous before bouts. Then you get some guys like Haye who say they love the feeling of the fight getting nearing.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #39
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Khan's boxing 'skills'? He hardly has any boxing skills, neither does Malignaggi for that matter. Khan's boxing skills are rudimentary at best, its his speed that is deadly, as well as having very good fitness. His punching mechanics are very weird, his footwork is not very economical, his defence when somebody gets in range is poor, he can't fight up close.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

His speed is the greatest skill of em all, he can beat most to the punch.

Roach is trying to use his speed and trying to make him a fighter who goes in or move around land a combo and move out.

Repeat

You catch him with one, he can reply with three, Roach trying to work around his handspeed and trying to refine the actions moves around it, so far it's effective.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #41
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Theres nothing wrong with what he's doing if its effective. The aim is to win, looking technically superb or anything else comes secondary.

He's not really skilled though, not remotely. Hopkins, Ward, Donaire, Mayweather, Marquez -- now these guys actually are skilled technically whereas Khan really isn't. Throwing flurries that come into your head as fast as possible is effective when you're that fast but its not really skilled on a technical level, you could see that in the way he failed to really find the openings against McCloskey because there isn't a thought process behind those punches and the mechanics of his actual punching are questionable. It's like saying Calzaghe was highly skilled, not really, he was highly gifted athletically and very unorthodox and thats mostly what worked in his favor. It's arummmmmmm punching a lot of the time, its not tight and snappy. He still moves around the ring too much also, you don't ever need to be 10 foot away from the opponent.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #42
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

This fight coming up I think should ask more questions from Khan which he will have to answer, make adjustments, think before attacking.

I think he has skills in him, but sticks with what works for him.

I think great handspeed allows him to be less technical and has haulted his development with his boxing skills because of his hand speed.

As a coach I would really focus on him becoming cooler and more relaxed in the ring and to think more about his moves, Khan is still to tense and needs to be more natural.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #43
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree. Some handle it differently to others. Froch i've heard is very nervous before bouts. Then you get some guys like Haye who say they love the feeling of the fight getting nearing.
They describe it best in rocky, as cheesy as that sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Khan's boxing 'skills'? He hardly has any boxing skills, neither does Malignaggi for that matter. Khan's boxing skills are rudimentary at best, its his speed that is deadly, as well as having very good fitness. His punching mechanics are very weird, his footwork is not very economical, his defence when somebody gets in range is poor, he can't fight up close.
Well if you think that you must be racist.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #44
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

I agree the speed has probably been something that as much as its been his saving grace, its probably also like being a power puncher. Power punchers invariably load up and neglect other areas of their game. Khan's a bit like that, unlike people that are less blessed in that department that have to set up their attacks and put fists in gaps, Khan seems to just fight based off combinations in his head. Sometimes it just looks like he's just ticking over various combinations in his head and throwing them randomly.

He needs to just calm down the robotic assaults, use his jab, and work the openings off his jab. Switch his mindset from quantity to quality. Thats what I'm looking for from him in this fight. No miracles, I just want to see some clean effective punching.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #45
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Khan usually reverts to flurries whenever he is hit, he doesn't seem to learn much.
Pug1list is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum