Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will Floyd Mayweather Duck Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan?
Yes, Floyd Mayweather Will Avoid Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan 49 72.06%
No, Floyd Mayweather Will Fight Manny Pacquiao Before He Fights Amir Khan 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

UPDATE: Please see post #21 and post #25 in this thread for my response to a weak counter-argument claiming it still would not be Floyd's fault if Pac-Floyd isn't made; that non-sustainable "point" is offered up by way of a cited Fight H_pe post.

Direct link to post #21 in this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Direct link to post #25 of this thread:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Poll above and leave your thoughts below.

Based on Floyd Mayweather, Jr's recent offering to have British fans come to his gym and watch him do an open workout -- timed during fight week for Khan-Judah -- as well as his talking up a potential Khan bout in the following article:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...it seems fairly clear, in my opinion, that Mayweather is looking to set-up an Amir Khan bout in the not-to-distant future. Which makes sense, as Freddie Roach has also talked about a Khan-Mayweather bout happening sometime relatively soon.

However, this comment from Floyd in the article linked above struck me:

Quote:
Mayweather insisted, howver, if that fight is to happen, Pacquiao would have to bend to his pre-fight drug-testing requirements. “If you want to fight me, you’ve got to take a test,” he said.
This seems like old news now, particularly after Bob Arum's recent comments on the testing subject:

Quote:
"Pacquiao will submit to whatever (blood) testing is required so we can make the big fight"
SOURCE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So, with Arum having said that Team Pacquiao will accept full non-USADA blood testing, one wonders why Mayweather is bringing up an issue that appears settled.

Many respected journalists and boxing writers feel as though Floyd Mayweather, Jr has already ducked fighting Manny Pacquiao at least one time.

Do you feel, as a fan, that with his actions this week, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. may be preparing to (again) dodge a Manny Pacquiao bout so he could face what many would likely feel is an easier opponent in Amir Khan?

How would you feel if Floyd Mayweather, Jr. decided to take on Amir Khan instead of Manny Pacquiao?

Last edited by paulfv; 07-22-2011 at 05:39 PM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

I'll take him at his word. If he says he wants ortiz, pac, khan as his next 3 i'll believe him.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post

I'll take him at his word. If he says he wants ortiz, pac, khan as his next 3 i'll believe him.
I hope he fights Pacquiao. I don't think the fight will ever take place, but let's hope it does.

When I hear him talking about what appears to be a settled issue, though, I'm doubting his sincerity to make the fight.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I would love to see the khan fight it would be amazing at wembley next year, i think khan has a good chance against an old and inactive mayweather. Khan has one of the best jabs in the game at present and this is the key tool to upset mayweather's rhythm.
whoupicking? is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoupicking? View Post

I would love to see the khan fight it would be amazing at wembley next year, i think khan has a good chance against an old and inactive mayweather. Khan has one of the best jabs in the game at present and this is the key tool to upset mayweather's rhythm.
Khan is a tremendous talent. I'm not sure he's ready to take on Mayweather at this time, but he will be at some point.

Hopefully, Khan will have time to build up his skills while Pacquiao-Mayweather takes place. I'm not sure that is going to happen, though. We'll see.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 7230

Well, if Pacman agrees to full testing and Floyd fights someone else, we will know once and for all that he never intended to fight Pacman. And history will judge him accordingly. So i guess it's really on Mayweather's hands now.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

arum dont want the fight, plain and simple
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22 View Post

Well, if Pacman agrees to full testing and Floyd fights someone else, we will know once and for all that he never intended to fight Pacman. And history will judge him accordingly. So i guess it's really on Mayweather's hands now.
That's the way I see it as well.

If the USADA is the sticking point, appoint a third-party agency, like the "USADA" of France. Whatever.

Team Pac has said they'll do full testing. That was the previous sticking point. It seems handled now. So, let's see what Team Mayweather does now.

Hearing "you've got to take a test", though, doesn't make me feel good about Mayweather's next move. Arum said Manny will do the test. So, why are we still talking about "take a test?"
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

i doubt arum will ever let pac fight mayweather and pac will listen to his master like the good little arum bitch boy that he is. so there's a good possibility that yes Khan will fight Mayweather and Pac never will.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

"It would be crazy for Floyd to get into the ring with Pacquiao after Victor Ortiz." R. Mayweather
dodong is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post

If the USADA is the sticking point, appoint a third-party agency, like the "USADA" of France. Whatever.

Team Pac has said they'll do full testing. That was the previous sticking point. It seems handled now. So, let's see what Team Mayweather does now.

Hearing "you've got to take a test", though, doesn't make me feel good about Mayweather's next move. Arum said Manny will do the test. So, why are we still talking about "take a test?"
because arum has lied about this time and time again and we haven't heard an official statement from manny himself. until manny comes out and makes a statement regarding this then it's typical arum BS. It's been the only obstacle the whole time, Pac agrees to full testing then the fight is on but they'll never do it and always find a way around it like saying USADA is biased and they should get WADA to do it. The head of WADA came out saying they don't handle the testing themselves, that they merely oversee and set the regulations for the testing for the diff national bodies and the national body of the country the fight takes place would have to conduct the test in this case the usda which is 100 percent non bias and uses the same rules and regulations for all races, countries of origin, genders etc... Arum saying they won't take the USADA tests is just a another way of avoiding the fight and he shot himself in the foot by saying WADA should handle it without even knowing that USADA is part of the same organization and the body that does their work in America aka USADA is WADA.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post

because arum has lied about this time and time again and we haven't heard an official statement from manny himself. until manny comes out and makes a statement regarding this then it's typical arum BS. It's been the only obstacle the whole time, Pac agrees to full testing then the fight is on but they'll never do it and always find a way around it like saying USADA is biased and they should get WADA to do it. The head of WADA came out saying they don't handle the testing themselves, that they merely oversee and set the regulations for the testing for the diff national bodies and the national body of the country the fight takes place would have to conduct the test in this case the usda which is 100 percent non bias and uses the same rules and regulations for all races, countries of origin, genders etc... Arum saying they won't take the USADA tests is just a another way of avoiding the fight and he shot himself in the foot by saying WADA should handle it without even knowing that USADA is part of the same organization and the body that does their work in America aka USADA is WADA.
Again, if USADA is the issue, just get another country's WADA-approved agency to do it. That seems like an easy solution to this mess.

If Team Pacquiao has now accepted full testing -- the previous sticking point for Team Mayweather, so it seemed -- then this final step of reaching an acceptable tester shouldn't be too hard to fulfill, in my opinion.

Arum is on the record saying Pacquiao will do full testing. That is a step forward. Let's see where things go from here.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post

i doubt arum will ever let pac fight mayweather and pac will listen to his master like the good little arum bitch boy that he is. so there's a good possibility that yes Khan will fight Mayweather and Pac never will.
My personal belief, at this time, is that Khan-Mayweather is next for Floyd. His actions this week seem clear to me. I also think either Pac/Cotto II or Pac/Bradley is next for Pacquiao. If I had to guess between the two, I would say Pac/Bradley.

So, my predictions for their next fights:

* Mayweather-Khan
* Pacquiao-Bradley

And, no Pacquiao-Mayweather, again. Or ever.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
DE100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

Smh, Arum has been made a fool of.

Arum we will take the test, but with WADA not USADA. USADA is not neutral.

USADA responds: There is no bias towards Manny [And a bunch of other things clarifying Arum's misstatements].

WADA responds: We dont do testing, USADA would be best and are respected.

Arum nothing but silence now. Its on Arum to stop with the BS.

DE100 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Again, if USADA is the issue, just get another country's WADA-approved agency to do it. That seems like an easy solution to this mess.

If Team Pacquiao has now accepted full testing -- the previous sticking point for Team Mayweather, so it seemed -- then this final step of reaching an acceptable tester shouldn't be too hard to fulfill, in my opinion.

Arum is on the record saying Pacquiao will do full testing. That is a step forward. Let's see where things go from here.
I might be mistaking because I can't find the article right now but didn't the head of the WADA say that the WADA approved agency int he country the fight takes place in would have to do the testing if it's done through them? I might be wrong but that's what I gathered. To call USADA bias and in the same breath ask for testing from their mother organization is just goofy and seems like just another way out, especially when their head gave his approval and support to USADA.

But no I agree, any ****ing testing organization in the world is fine by me, I just hope they stop being bitches and just agree to something, but IMO Arum will try and spin anything brought up to avoid this.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum