Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will Floyd Mayweather Duck Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan?
Yes, Floyd Mayweather Will Avoid Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan 49 72.06%
No, Floyd Mayweather Will Fight Manny Pacquiao Before He Fights Amir Khan 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Arum is probably #2 behind Don King in terms of shady mother****ers in boxing. Believing anything he says isn't an option.
Vidic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #17
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
My personal belief, at this time, is that Khan-Mayweather is next for Floyd. His actions this week seem clear to me. I also think either Pac/Cotto II or Pac/Bradley is next for Pacquiao. If I had to guess between the two, I would say Pac/Bradley.

So, my predictions for their next fights:

* Mayweather-Khan
* Pacquiao-Bradley

And, no Pacquiao-Mayweather, again. Or ever.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE100 View Post
Smh, Arum has been made a fool of.

Arum we will take the test, but with WADA not USADA. USADA is not neutral.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

USADA responds: There is no bias towards Manny [And a bunch of other things clarifying Arum's misstatements].

WADA responds: We dont do testing, USADA would be best and are respected.

Arum nothing but silence now. Its on Arum to stop with the BS.

this
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

It looks to me like Pacman V Bradley and Mayweather V Khan will happen before any May/Pac fight.

Both parties are milking the cashcow
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

USADA responds: There is no bias towards Manny [And a bunch of other things clarifying Arum's misstatements].

No, it's on Team Mayweather now. If Team Pacquiao has an issue with USADA, then bring in someone else.

As with Pacquiao supposedly being suspicious -- based only on wild claims which are now the subject of a lawsuit -- the issue is not why Arum or Team Pacquiao views the USADA with suspicion. The issue is how to get a testing regime done that both sides agree is neutral and unbiased.

If Team Pacquiao does not feel that the USADA is the entity to do this -- for whatever reason -- simply replace the USADA with another country's WADA-approved agency. Problem then solved.

Let's hope that Team Mayweather does not feel it's the USADA or nothing. Since Team Pacquiao has moved forward and agreed to full testing with no cutoff date, then it would seem very easy to move this process forward one more step, get the neutral non-USADA agency, and get this fight made.

I honestly hope that Floyd Mayweather is not looking to dodge Manny Pacquiao this time. The fans want the fight, so let's hope that it can be made.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE100 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

No. You are either omitting something important on purpose or forgetting it. This is critical:

More evidence this is in Team Mayweather's hands, again --

SOURCE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com.
Team Pacquiao has publicly agreed to full non-USADA testing. Team Mayweather has publicly said it is ok with moving away from the USADA.

It's on Team Mayweather now.

And, sadly, based on this week's events that seem to be geared to generating hype for Khan-Floyd, I think that means there will not be a Pac-Floyd fight.

Again.

Or ever.

Last edited by paulfv; 07-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
DE100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
No, it's on Team Mayweather now. If Team Pacquiao has an issue with USADA, then bring in someone else.
Arum said he wants WADA, so let WADA do their job. And part of their job is to use what they think is best and respectable (USADA).

Arum is a fool.
DE100 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #23
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

You continue to say it's on Team Mayweather NOW... Yet you also say he's ducking Pac AGAIN... So exactly when does the blame lie on Pacs team?

Floyd has gone on record from the beginning stating that he doesn't have an issue with USADA not doing the testing.. Why would Arum JUST NOW state they're a problem? Arum's doing something slick... You yourself said the ONLY holdup was the testing without cutoff, but put NO blame on Pac and his team not agreeing before... Both sides are to blame buddy, no fighter is ducking another. It's all about the money.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Arum said he wants WADA, so let WADA do their job. And part of their job is to use what they think is best and respectable (USADA).

Arum is a fool.
It's Pac's way or no fight. Always has been since ODLH. Always will be in his future bouts. But anytime Pac shows ANY sign of wanting the fight they all jump on it and somehow Mayweather is the blame for the fight not happening.

Arum said WADA. WADA said USADA. If Arum says no will he be blamed for the fight not taking place? NO.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #25
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Arum is a fool.
Here is what Arum said:

Quote:
"We don’t accept the USADA handling it"
Here is what Mayweather's representative said:

Quote:
"We are OK to move off USADA"
Solution that matches what both sides have said:

Have a WADA-approved, non-USADA agency handle the testing (for example, the "USADA" of France). Problem solved. Both fighters are subject to full, random OSDT done by a WADA-approved agency.

All we need to hear now is that Team Mayweather will honor their commitment to move off of the USADA. Then, it seems, the fight will be on.

Do I think Team Mayweather will move off of the USADA?

No, I don't.

I hope I'm wrong. I think many fans also hope I'm wrong.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #26
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Thats weird because it was pacquiao who ducked floyd.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #27
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

arum is waiting to cash out
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post

Thats weird because it was pacquiao who ducked floyd.
Tell Mike Wilbon that, or many other boxing journalists. That line may work at Fight H_pe, but doesn't seem to be the general feeling amongst most boxing writers and fans.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #29
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

floyd would be pulling his 7th straight GBP in-house fight since baldomir. i expect him to not fight pacquiao again and go staright to khan next especially if pac looks good against marquez and after khan wins against zab judah.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

if he does fight Khan first that doesnt mean he ducked Manny that just means Roach is using Khan to get a better look at Floyd..... someones got to be sacrificed here, I mean they did the same shit with Garcia, sent him out to Mexico to fight Margarito just before the Pac Margarito fight...
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum