boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Will Floyd Mayweather Duck Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan?
Yes, Floyd Mayweather Will Avoid Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan 49 72.06%
No, Floyd Mayweather Will Fight Manny Pacquiao Before He Fights Amir Khan 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #46
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Who the **** cares who promotes the either mans opponent as long as the fight makes sense thats all that matters to true boxing fans..
fair enough. but this argument was started by floyd fans before when they think pac was fighting only TR opponents yet when we based on stats and record, it was floyd who was doing it more often and longer.

also it gives much support to the theory that floyd would fight khan next and not pacquiao.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #47
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Who the **** cares who promotes the either mans opponent as long as the fight makes sense thats all that matters to true boxing fans..

Why did you ask about Pac's in house fights then, if you are going to say this **** at the end?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #48
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Khan has no chance against Mayweather. Ortiz has a better chance then Khan. Either fight Pac fight or gtfo.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #49
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
fair enough. but this argument was started by floyd fans before when they think pac was fighting only TR opponents yet when we based on stats and record, it was floyd who was doing it more often and longer.

also it gives much support to the theory that floyd would fight khan next and not pacquiao.

Well I think there may be a reason for that, Manny hasnt exactly agreed to the testing well I wont say that anymore to be honest it appears that Arum has been milking Manny for all he can and lying to him about offers that were made to Mayweather its all comming out now..
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #50
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Why did you ask about Pac's in house fights then, if you are going to say this **** at the end?
actually I was throwing it out there so Puna Nig what ever the **** his name is would see that its not just Floyd that has had in house fights its Manny as well...

But again if the fights make sense who cares who is promoting them?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #51
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
actually I was throwing it out there so Puna Nig what ever the **** his name is would see that its not just Floyd that has had in house fights its Manny as well...

But again if the fights make sense who cares who is promoting them?
Personally, I don't care about that either. The matchup is what counts.

But you gotta admit, for some odd reason, Pac get a lot more **** aobut that then Floyd does. But i put that more on the fact that most floyd fanboys are just idiots.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #52
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Well I think there may be a reason for that, Manny hasnt exactly agreed to the testing well I wont say that anymore to be honest it appears that Arum has been milking Manny for all he can and lying to him about offers that were made to Mayweather its all comming out now..
so there's a reason also why floyd keeps going on vacations/retirements when there was a perceived threat/opponent from the side of the promotions right? and it's convenient for floyd and his fans to pull the "pac won't agree to be tested" card when floyd is about to fight his next GBP opponent or when floyd would go on vacations.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #53
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so there's a reason also why floyd keeps going on vacations/retirements when there was a perceived threat/opponent from the side of the promotions right? and it's convenient for floyd and his fans to pull the "pac won't agree to be tested" card when floyd is about to fight his next GBP opponent or floyd would go on vacations.
Manny should have taken the Ortiz fight, its not Floyds fault that Arum already had the fight with Marquez and Manny set, Manny has had 2 years himself to come to grips with this **** and make the fight happen...

you cant blame one guy here both are at fault, the problem is Manny looks more at Fault because he has Arum behind the scenes lying about contracts that were sent that never really were.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #54
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,189
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Khan has no chance against Mayweather. Ortiz has a better chance then Khan. Either fight Pac fight or gtfo.
Unfortunately for you not everything revolves around pac. Floyd has been criticised in recent years for fighting aged fighters, Mosley, Marquez, Del la Hoya e.t.c.

Now we see floyd flipping that criticism on it's head by fighting two of the best young lions in the sport. Ortiz and possibly Khan.
whoupicking? is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #55
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Personally, I don't care about that either. The matchup is what counts.

But you gotta admit, for some odd reason, Pac get a lot more **** aobut that then Floyd does. But i put that more on the fact that most floyd fanboys are just idiots.
exactly. floyd fans before would say that pac fights only TR in-house fights when it was floyd who does it more often.

it doesn't necessarily mean that it was a better or worst fight but we can see how pac is open to fight a cross promotional event where as floyd as of the last 5 years is not open to fight other promotional opponents.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #56
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Personally, I don't care about that either. The matchup is what counts.

But you gotta admit, for some odd reason, Pac get a lot more **** aobut that then Floyd does. But i put that more on the fact that most floyd fanboys are just idiots.

There is a reason for that, its expected when you have a fighter like Pacquiao to face any and all the very best when you have that kind of style that kind of KO power and those kinds of dementions skills and speed, Manny due to his style will always have a higher standard than Mayweather...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #57
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
There is a reason for that, its expected when you have a fighter like Pacquiao to face any and all the very best when you have that kind of style that kind of KO power and those kinds of dementions skills and speed, Manny due to his style will always have a higher standard than Mayweather...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #58
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
seriously Floyd can fight a bum and get a pass each and every time proof is in the fights he selected over fights we rather wanted, Baldimor was not a fight that anybody wanted or demanded, we would rather see Margarito, Cotto or Williams in there with him.... we got Baldimor and again nobody was really all that surprised due to his saftey first style picking a guy who was that limited and couldnt hit wasnt a shocker to us..

Manny on the other hand has that double edged sword hes ****ing with his style fans will always expect more out of him... its really a good thing for Manny not so good for Floyd to be honest.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #59
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Manny should have taken the Ortiz fight, its not Floyds fault that Arum already had the fight with Marquez and Manny set, Manny has had 2 years himself to come to grips with this **** and make the fight happen...

you cant blame one guy here both are at fault, the problem is Manny looks more at Fault because he has Arum behind the scenes lying about contracts that were sent that never really were.
floyd has a direct responsibilty for his actions since from his own mouth "he is his own boss". floyd could have fought late last year but instead decided to take the time off and ignore the negotiations.

personally, i would like the jmm fight more than ortiz. pac had already saw in cotto, clottey, mosley and margarito all the things ortiz can dish out but jmm would give pac what these guys won't and it was the stylistic advantage and for a closure either way, hopefully.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #60
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: INMATE#01363917
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Here is what Arum said:

Here is what Mayweather's representative said:

Solution that matches what both sides have said:

Have a WADA-approved, non-USADA agency handle the testing (for example, the "USADA" of France). Problem solved. Both fighters are subject to full, random OSDT done by a WADA-approved agency.

All we need to hear now is that Team Mayweather will honor their commitment to move off of the USADA. Then, it seems, the fight will be on.

Do I think Team Mayweather will move off of the USADA?

No, I don't.

I hope I'm wrong. I think many fans also hope I'm wrong.
NSAC can do the testing, just follow the WADA's procedures.
tarugojones is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015