Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will Floyd Mayweather Duck Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan?
Yes, Floyd Mayweather Will Avoid Manny Pacquiao To Fight Amir Khan 49 72.06%
No, Floyd Mayweather Will Fight Manny Pacquiao Before He Fights Amir Khan 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #61
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
floyd has a direct responsibilty for his actions since from his own mouth "he is his own boss". floyd could have fought late last year but instead decided to take the time off and ignore the negotiations.

personally, i would like the jmm fight more than ortiz. pac had already saw in cotto, clottey, mosley and margarito all the things ortiz can dish out but jmm would give pac what these guys won't and it was the stylistic advantage and for a closure either way, hopefully.
Sorry but I disagree here.... Pac JMM is a joke of a fight, its a mismatch, Ortiz vs Mayweather may be a mis match should Floyd go out there and be Floyd, but should that ring rust kick in, should that south paw style trouble him again it may end up being a very fun mismatch....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #62
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Again Duck Pacquiao So PBF Can Fight Amir Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarugojones View Post

NSAC can do the testing, just follow the WADA's procedures.
Sounds reasonable to me. As long as WADA approves whoever will do the work for the NSAC, why not?

Arum's issue seems to be with the USADA. So, just take them out of the equation and it sounds like we could have a fight.

Mayweather gets Pacquiao to do full testing.

Pacquiao gets to use someone other than the USADA to do the testing.

Seems like a good deal.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #63
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post

Sorry but I disagree here.... Pac JMM is a joke of a fight, its a mismatch, Ortiz vs Mayweather may be a mis match should Floyd go out there and be Floyd, but should that ring rust kick in, should that south paw style trouble him again it may end up being a very fun mismatch....
What?

You did see their first two fights, right?
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #64
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You think so? I think you're giving Pac ( if you're picking him to win )too much credit.
tarugojones is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #65
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #66
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
it's a mismatch only probably on paper. since the fight would be at welter where jmm is not proven. but size-wise, jmm-pacquiao is almost the same and i believe that jmm's style would give pac more challenge than ortiz who i say, needs more fights to hang out against the likes of pac and floyd. beating berto is good but if ortiz can beat guys on the caliber of cotto or margarito then, we can say that he would be a much better fight for floyd and pac.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #67
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Wait, you are giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt that he might give Floyd a good fight, but not the same of Marquez to Pac?
boxing_RN is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #68
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post

it's a mismatch only probably on paper. since the fight would be at welter where jmm is not proven. but size-wise, jmm-pacquiao is almost the same and i believe that jmm's style would give pac more challenge than ortiz who i say, needs more fights to hang out against the likes of pac and floyd. beating berto is good but if ortiz can beat guys on the caliber of cotto or margarito then, we can say that he would be a much better fight for floyd and pac.
Someone let me know when Ortiz becomes a Top-3 pound-for-pound fighter or when Marquez is broken by a Maidana or draws with a Lamont Peterson.

I like Ortiz. But, come on.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #69
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Best guess is that Floyd will fight Khan next and Pac will face Bradley next - and the winners and losers will then face each other.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #70
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_RN View Post
Wait, you are giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt that he might give Floyd a good fight, but not the same of Marquez to Pac?

If the majority here argue Floyd is afraid of Manny those same people who say Manny would destroy Floyd.
Then why is it so hard to think that Manny shouldnt be able to atleast mirror what Floyd did at the same exact catch weight?

Ortiz has a better shot in putting forth a better fight becuase Floyd has trouble with southpaws and Floyd has been inactive..

So there you have it....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #71
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenie View Post

Best guess is that Floyd will fight Khan next and Pac will face Bradley next - and the winners and losers will then face each other.
My guess is that Pacquiao could face Cotto after Bradley (or vice versa). I'm not sure who Floyd would fight after he fought Khan. Maybe fellow Golden-Boyer Alvarez (who is pretty big but still green)?
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #72
JUSTAFIGHTFAN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
My guess is that Pacquiao could face Cotto after Bradley (or vice versa). I'm not sure who Floyd would fight after he fought Khan. Maybe fellow Golden-Boyer Alvarez (who is pretty big but still green)?
lil floyd, the coward, will go his usual route, retire. Just like when Cotto and Margo were live dogs (and still are) at WW.
JUSTAFIGHTFAN is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #73
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So it falls on one man does it. No chance of it being Pac ducks Floyd so he can now fight his new Top Tank BFF Bradley.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #74
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoupicking? View Post
Unfortunately for you not everything revolves around pac. Floyd has been criticised in recent years for fighting aged fighters, Mosley, Marquez, Del la Hoya e.t.c.

Now we see floyd flipping that criticism on it's head by fighting two of the best young lions in the sport. Ortiz and possibly Khan.

Who the hell has been calling for Floyd to fight Ortiz and Khan? Nobody. They are too inexperienced to beat Floyd and u know it. . The only fight that matters is Pac - Floyd, period.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #75
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Who the hell has been calling for Floyd to fight Ortiz and Khan? Nobody. They are too inexperienced to beat Floyd and u know it. . The only fight that matters is Pac - Floyd, period.
Aren't you suppose to give the young up-n-comers a chance. Isn't that what boxing is about. You'd rather see the older fighters fight each other until their no longer in their prime? What kind of sense does that make? Floyd was only 17 fights deep by the time he got his shot. Should Genaro Hernandez have waited?
papadoc28 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum