Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the article?
Yes. 59 56.73%
No. 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #196
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
Adamek will put up a hell of a fight. I give a 67% chance to the bout going a distance with Vitali winning via UD,

Do you have some kind of a formula, a futurology calculator, or a tin foil hat on your head, to come up with that figure?
lzolnier is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #197
speck
Milky Way Resident
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Do you have some kind of a formula, a futurology calculator, or a tin foil hat on your head, to come up with that figure?
Just that device, it works 67% of the time
speck is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #198
popejking
Adamek
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
What a absolutely ****ing retarded liar.

I never once said Haye would decapitate Wlad.

I gave Haye a 20% chance of victory if he charged forward throwing bombs, & a 0% chance if he ran like a *****, & threw 20 pot-shot punches a round. So **** off with your bullshit lies, you bumbaclot.
Didnt you make an avatar bet before Haye-Wlad and lost it? So how can you say that you gave Haye only 20%, when you clearly favored him to win the fight?
popejking is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #199
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by popejking View Post
Didnt you make an avatar bet before Haye-Wlad and lost it? So how can you say that you gave Haye only 20%, when you clearly favored him to win the fight?
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #200
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
I'll dig up the posts later where i gave Haye only 20% chance.

Seriously i never favoured Haye at any point.

The avatar bet was to support my fellow countryman, i didn't know he would shame the nation with his cowardice.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #201
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

The avatar bet was to support my fellow countryman, i didn't know he would shame the nation with his cowardice.
So why are you so down on Adamek? You know very well he won´t wimp out like Haye. The guy who´s article you quote thinks he knows that Adamek will try to do the exact same thing Haye did. Do you honestly believe that?
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #202
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Quote:

Here you go...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #203
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
So why are you so down on Adamek? You know very well he won´t wimp out like Haye. The guy who´s article you quote thinks he knows that Adamek will try to do the exact same thing Haye did. Do you honestly believe that?
I don't believe that at all.

I think Adamek will keep coming forward like a brave warrior, never stop trying his hardest to win, but take a punishing beating in the process & get stopped late. What i do believe is, unless Adamek ran like a coward (which he won't), then he is unlikely to see the final bell. Vitali is training insanely hard for this fight, so he might be in the best supremely conditioned shape of his whole comeback, despite his age!

BORKED
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #204
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I think Adamek will keep coming forward like a brave warrior, never stop trying his hardest to win, but take a punishing beating in the process & get stopped late. What i do believe is, unless Adamek ran like a coward (which he won't), then he is unlikely to see the final bell. Vitali is training insanely hard for this fight, so he might be in the best supremely conditioned shape of his whole comeback, despite his age!

BORKED
For a nobody blown up LHW Vitali sure is taking him seriously.Seems he may no more than you and Dan Ambrose do.After all Adamek is a mediocre HW why take him so serious.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #205
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It all goes back to Haye.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #206
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
For a nobody blown up LHW Vitali sure is taking him seriously.Seems he may no more than you and Dan Ambrose do.After all Adamek is a mediocre HW why take him so serious.
Because that tough little bastard is literally willing to die in the ring & is afraid of nothing.

Goral isn't really a "mediocre" Heavy, he's the sort of "Grade B" at Heavy who struggles in a lot of his fights, because of his style.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #207
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Because that tough little bastard is literally willing to die in the ring & is afraid of nothing.

Goral isn't really a "mediocre" Heavy, he's the sort of "Grade B" at Heavy who struggles in a lot of his fights, because of his style.
Style or size?

Please do remind us what his HW record is?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #208
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Style or size?

Please do remind us what his HW record is?
Style & the fact he's a natural lightheavy, hence his power & strength aren't impressive. His height is fine, taller than Brewster & Peter, who both have inflated height stats. When i said "struggle", i didn't mean "lose". I just meant he's been rocked quite a few times, considering his level of competition.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #209
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

BORKED

FYI that footage of Vitali is at least 2 years old, Kalafior.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #210
popejking
Adamek
ESB Addict

Quote:
When i said "struggle", i didn't mean "lose". I just meant he's been rocked quite a few times, considering his level of competition.
Thats because of his style and size. His workrate is very high and he is undersized HW. He outjabbed Michael Grant in 12 rounds, who have 11 inches advantage in reach and 5-6 inches in height, but was cut in the process (mostly by Grant's elbows).

These previous fights showed that Adamek isnt afraid of trading punches against bigger guys.

And the one very important thing is that Adamek is in constant movement and has a quite good body movement for a HW. He avoids most punches and makes opponents miss. Vitali can have so good stamina and high workrate, because his percentage of landed punches is very high (about 40%). And when boxer misses the punches, then he tires very fast - as missed punch costs you much more energy loss than landed punch.

Thats the way I see it. If Adamek makes Vitali missing the punches, then he will lower Vitalis workrate and % of landed punches.

What if Vitali throws "only" 500-600 punches with a 25 % of landed punches?
popejking is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum