Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the article?
Yes. 59 56.73%
No. 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #91
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
Would be nice for somebody to take the title from Vitali. But pillowfists Adamek isn't going to do it.
So true.....
chico g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #92
jdroy1986
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Would be nice for somebody to take the title from Vitali. But pillowfists Adamek isn't going to do it.
Yeah I'd say that's Adamek's biggest problem in this fight is that Vitali has an iron chin and with his lack of power, Vitali will show him no respect in the ring. Unless Vitali has an injury since he's getting older, I don't see Vitali losing this fight.
jdroy1986 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #93
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
I'm a fan of Vitali, but your observation that featherfisted Adamek cannot dent VK is absolutely correct.

Adamek has no power at heavyweight. None. At all.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #94
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Adamek won't turn up to survive, he's not that kind of fighter. However, watching his fights against old man Grant and Fatso McBride i'm afraid he might take a bit if a beating. Can't see him winning this one at all.

Vitali has all the physical advantages so he won't outbox him, plus Adamek has no power at HW, so his chances of getting a ko are non existent.
Adamek may just display a true example of mind over matter. We have seen so much of this in boxing, I still don´t know why people ignore this factor and almost automatically prefer to see only physical size differentials. Physical size matters a great deal when your opponent is weak mentally to begin with, which basically describes Vitali´s opponents since Lennox to a tee. Unlike these ¨contenders¨ Adamek is smart, tough and experienced and not too shabby in his skills either. All of this will serve him well against Vitali.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #95
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdroy1986 View Post
Yeah I'd say that's Adamek's biggest problem in this fight is that Vitali has an iron chin and with his lack of power, Vitali will show him no respect in the ring. Unless Vitali has an injury since he's getting older, I don't see Vitali losing this fight.
This exact same rationale was used for why Arreola would decapitate Adamek. Adamek simply doesn´t have enough power to stop the larger, harder punching Arreola. We saw how that worked out.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #96
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I'm a fan of Vitali, but your observation that featherfisted Adamek cannot dent VK is absolutely correct.

Adamek has no power at heavyweight. None. At all.
If this were the case, Adamek would have been walked down by now and stopped.

Take Arreola and McBride at their words that, although, Adamek doesn´t have concussive once punch KO power, he has enough to make you think twice. Look at Arreola´s beautiful face after that fight. ¨I look like Shrek¨ remember? A fighter with no power would not be capable of that. I have no doubt in my mind that Adamek has enough power to stop most tall HW guys in a multiple punch, barrage style situation or stop shorter HWs with a single punch.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #97
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdroy1986 View Post
Prepping your excuses already?
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #98
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Prepping your excuses already?
Not likely an excuse, but really, barring injury Vitali will destroy Adamek.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #99
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:

Take Arreola and McBride at their words that, although, Adamek doesn´t have concussive once punch KO power, he has enough to make you think twice. Look at Arreola´s beautiful face after that fight. ¨I look like Shrek¨ remember? A fighter with no power would not be capable of that. I have no doubt in my mind that Adamek has enough power to stop most tall HW guys in a multiple punch, barrage style situation or stop shorter HWs with a single punch.
I agree.... Tomasz' power has not translated well at the HW class, but he does have the ability to stop weaker chinned or lesser skilled smaller HWs will combo punching.

But Vitali is none of the above, so this is really a mute point now isn't it.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #100
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I didn't quote your whole post because the top portion was true. But Adamek is NOT really a smart HW. He readily trades with bigger guys, and has paid for it.
How else is he going to win the fights? He obviously learns from fights by Haye that an inactive fighter in the ring is going to lose. Adamek needs to exchange with bigger guys to win on points. How else do you win? It sucks for him because he gets rocked every now and then but he outperforms the giants and proves that he's got balls to enter the ring with them
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #101
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
McBride found him faster. Grant found him faster. What makes you think it will take Vitali till the 9th to find him? Let's be honest here. Once Vitali finds him, it's over.
read some shit on this fight man... vitali would never end a fight quickly for the fans. If he wants to brutally ko adamek, he's going to do it by wearing him down first. Make the fight last and then end it
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #102
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I know Adamek's power is crap in HW. He probably realizes it too. But that doesn't mean you cant win. He deserves this fight because he beat out the other guys that were 2x bigger and all thought they can easily kill him. Then they learned their lesson and got out-boxed. I'm not saying Adamek will necessarily win versus Vitali, but he does definitely deserve the shot and gives Vitali a different challenge than his last couple fights. A moving fighter in top shape and 2 time champ. He knows what he's doing... I can see him getting hurt in the later rounds when he feels the need to gain points but I'm fine with that as long as he puts up a good fight and gets vitali's respect, which he already has..
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #103
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:

So you think Adamek, despite not stopping two weak-chinned tall heavyweights in washed-up Old Grant & Old Shot McBride, but he can stop "most tall HW guys". Adamek hit McBride with everything but the kitchen sink using combos, but couldn't stop him.

Also, you think Adamek could one-punch KO the likes of Povetkin & Chisora, because they're short.

Povetkin & Chisora have much better chins than Old Grant (or any Grant, he always had a bad chin) & Shot McBride (or any McBride, he always had a bad chin too).
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #104
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:

Please list the active short Heavyweights the featherfisted Adamek can "stop with a single punch"?

Sosnowski? No. Povetkin? No. Chisora? No...

Let me get this straight, pillowfists Adamek cannot stop fragile glass chins McBride & Grant, but against shorter guys he'd be getting one-punch KO's with his featherdusters?
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #105
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
So you think Adamek, despite not stopping two weak-chinned tall heavyweights in washed-up Old Grant & Old Shot McBride, but he can stop "most tall HW guys". Adamek hit McBride with everything but the kitchen sink using combos, but couldn't stop him.

Also, you think Adamek could one-punch KO the likes of Povetkin & Chisora, because they're short.

Povetkin & Chisora have much better chins than Old Grant (or any Grant, he always had a bad chin) & Shot McBride (or any McBride, he always had a bad chin too).
He doesn't have that one shot power like tyson to knock out a HW. The guys like mcbride, grant, chisora are all guys that wont be knocked out by a single punch ever because they are sooo fat. Ok not so much grant but he is freakishly tall and has lots of body mass. I don't think any heavy can hit these guys with one punch and ko them cold. It's more of a compliation of punches, which in that case, Adamek comes up short on the ko side...but for us, we get to watch a full fight of him beating up on them
pat19 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum