Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the article?
Yes. 59 56.73%
No. 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #106
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Please list the active short Heavyweights the featherfisted Adamek can "stop with a single punch"?

Sosnowski? No. Povetkin? No. Chisora? No...

Let me get this straight, pillowfists Adamek cannot stop fragile glass chins McBride & Grant, but against shorter guys he'd be getting one-punch KO's with his featherdusters?
He's not a natural heavy so don't expect that. He still wins though and you hate that and I love it
pat19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #107
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 661
Default Re: Klitschko vs. Adamek: Tomasz’s only hope is to just try and survive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat19 View Post
read some shit on this fight man... vitali would never end a fight quickly for the fans. If he wants to brutally ko adamek, he's going to do it by wearing him down first. Make the fight last and then end it
I don't think so. Vitali knows that time is not on his side, and the longer this fight goes, the longer it will take for him to recover and get another fight in.

He looks to land as soon as he can, and unlike Wlad doesn't have to sit behind the jab to set up his right hand.

Also, Vitali throws a loooooong UC and can counterpunch as good or better than any bigman in the bizz.

As I said......I really like Adamek. Tough as nails. Tons of heart. Decent power/chin, excellent handspeed, footwork, and defense. Nothing really to dislike. But he's not a HW challenge to the brothers.
Come to think of it, WHO IS?
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #108
Schuden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Adamek is no where near as fast as Haye you ridiculous little nuthugger.
Haye's speed and Fast Eddie's speed made Wlad look faster. Don't exagerate.
Schuden is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #109
Schuden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Adamek fights similar to Haye at HW, just with a higher work rate, but less power and speed. He's going to get dominated badly.
Adamek does NOT fight similarly to Haye. You are obviously not here for the boxing.
Schuden is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #110
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
He's not a natural heavy so don't expect that. He still wins though and you hate that and I love it
At least you admit Adamek is a very light-hitter at Heavyweight, but your retarded fellow Adamek-fan is deranged.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #111
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I don't think so. Vitali knows that time is not on his side, and the longer this fight goes, the longer it will take for him to recover and get another fight in.

He looks to land as soon as he can, and unlike Wlad doesn't have to sit behind the jab to set up his right hand.

Also, Vitali throws a loooooong UC and can counterpunch as good or better than any bigman in the bizz.

As I said......I really like Adamek. Tough as nails. Tons of heart. Decent power/chin, excellent handspeed, footwork, and defense. Nothing really to dislike. But he's not a HW challenge to the brothers.
Come to think of it, WHO IS?
I'm not 100% sure but I feel like I read somewhere that Vitali wants this fight to last. I think he was quoted saying that he plans a late stoppage around the 9th round. He expects Adamek to have a good fight plan and take his punches until its too much for him (cut or swelling). If I come across it I'll post it. There's not much of a good and willing challenger left for the brothers so we can hope that Adamek at least makes this fight worth talking and rewatching after!
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #112
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Do you agree with that article, or do you think a featherfisted , who fNatural Lightheavyought 32 of his 45 fights at Lightheavy, & a further 7 at Cruiser, can defeat the currently seemingly invincible Dr. Ironfist Vitali? Remember how seriously Adamek strugged & was rocked a few times by Obese Arreola, struggled & was rocked by washed-up Old Grant, struggled with Fat Estrada & was dropped by Morbidly Obese, Old Shot Bummy McBride... Now recall how Vitali has utterly dominated every single opponent he has fought since begining his comeback in '08, usually beating the living crap out of them in the process. Within his comeback reign as the extremely dominant WBC Champion, VK has brutally beaten Peter & Gomez (Adamek would've lost to those versions which Vitali smashed) both inside the distance, & brutalised the same Arreola who gave Adamek hell.
Gee i wonder why Adamek cant KO guys that are 6 inches taller and out weigh him by 40-60 lbs.

That would be nearly or over 100 lbs heavier than his "natural weight class".
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #113
Schuden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Not likely an excuse, but really, barring injury Vitali will destroy Adamek.
Injury is part of the game.
Schuden is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #114
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
At least you admit Adamek is a very light-hitter at Heavyweight, but your retarded fellow Adamek-fan is deranged.
It's reality. But I do know he is one strong tough mofo for his size. He is a goral and thats where my mothers side is from. Those people dont take shit and grow up to be tough and relentless. Hell, my younger cousins from the mountains are all bigger and tougher than I am: they eat like crazy too, pure bulkness. For that, I know they work like crazy and are tough as shit. Drink like theres no tomorrow too . But he's pickin on guys in a bigger league and that may give him a problem! I for one tho, am happy to see a goral become a world class champ and known international boxer... It makes me proud that I can relate to his roots and I know that Gorals give one hell of fight. Straight up!
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #115
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Gee i wonder why Adamek cant KO guys that are 6 inches taller and out weigh him by 40-60 lbs.

That would be nearly or over 100 lbs heavier than his "natural weight class".
Adamek wasn't even a big one-punch hitter at Lightheavy...

Adamek was a relatively light-hitter at Cruiser...

Adamek is featherfisted powderpuff at Heavyweight.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #116
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Stupid article, and stupid thread. Just wasted 3 minutes of my life reading biased garbage from the author and thread starter.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #117
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's reality. But I do know he is one strong tough mofo for his size. He is a goral and thats where my mothers side is from. Those people dont take shit and grow up to be tough and relentless. Hell, my younger cousins from the mountains are all bigger and tougher than I am: they eat like crazy too, pure bulkness. For that, I know they work like crazy and are tough as shit. Drink like theres no tomorrow too . But he's pickin on guys in a bigger league and that may give him a problem! I for one tho, am happy to see a goral become a world class champ and known international boxer... It makes me proud that I can relate to his roots and I know that Gorals give one hell of fight. Straight up!
I'll be honest, i wouldn't mind Adamek sticking around at Heavyweight after he loses to Vitali, as long as he fights ranked opponents like Povetkin, Boystov, Helenius, Chambers... & i hope he considers having a rematch with the now in-shape (compared to when he fought Vitali & Adamek) Arreola.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #118
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I'll be honest, i wouldn't mind Adamek sticking around at Heavyweight after he loses to Vitali, as long as he fights ranked opponents like Povetkin, Boystov, Helenius, Chambers... & i hope he considers having a rematch with the now in-shape (compared to when he fought Vitali & Adamek) Arreola.
A rematch with Arreola would be a more exciting fight than the first one. (Relating to another thread about Arreola vs Adamek)... I also would be interested in seeing Cunningham making that jump and fighting Adamek when he's ready. We'll see how povetkin and boystov pan out, Helenius might be too good for his size and too big for Adamek at this point in his career since he's only 27. Chambers would be a good fight, I'd like to see that happen.
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #119
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
A rematch with Arreola would be a more exciting fight than the first one. (Relating to another thread about Arreola vs Adamek)... I also would be interested in seeing Cunningham making that jump and fighting Adamek when he's ready. We'll see how povetkin and boystov pan out, Helenius might be too good for his size and too big for Adamek at this point in his career since he's only 27. Chambers would be a good fight, I'd like to see that happen.
If Adamek fights Helenius in early 2012, Helenius may still be green enough for Adamek to outbox him & get a decision, unless he is caught clean by a big bomb. A rematch against a 234lbs Arreola would be a exciting war, with a faster pace than their first fight, as Arreola would have a higher workrate. I would love to see Adamek-Chambers, i would lean towards Chambers by close decision if he comes in-shape, otherwise Adamek (always in-shape) wins. Boystov needs to fight a ranked guy to prove his worth i know, & Povetkin needs to show us how much he has left, when he faces Chagaev, because Alex hasn't faced a ranked contender since Chambers back in '08!
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #120
gregy741
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Adamek wasn't even a big one-punch hitter at Lightheavy...

Adamek was a relatively light-hitter at Cruiser...

Adamek is featherfisted powderpuff at Heavyweight.
tell this to jonathan banks or to oneil bell
gregy741 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum