Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: More "Shot" Fighter: 33-Year-Old Zab Judah Or 38-Year-Old Shane Mosley?
38-Year-Old Mosley Was More "Shot" Than 33-Year-Old Zab Judah 123 75.93%
33-Year-Old Zab Judah Was More "Shot" Than 38-Year-Old Mosley 39 24.07%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Uncle Oden
Respect Guzman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: More "Shot" Fighter: 33-Year-Old Judah Or 38-Year-Old Mosley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Agreed. I felt that Mayweather was smart and caught Mosley -- a fighter I thought Mayweather had been ducking -- at just the right time.

That is, the Margarito fight made Mosley "marketable" again, even though his skills had clearly declined, in my opinion.

So, Floyd could fight him as a "viable" opponent, yet know that Mosley was on the downside.

To me, it's similar to the Victor Ortiz fight for Floyd: The Berto fight makes Ortiz seem legit, but Floyd knows that Maidana still 'broke' Ortiz and Peterson drew with Victor just two fights ago. But, to the public -- and especially the Latino fans that Golden Boy is hoping will buy the fight -- Ortiz is now fully "rehabilitated."

Smart business moves by Floyd.
speaking of smart business moves, Manny made one when he fought the illegal-handwrap-tainted Antonio Margarito for the WBC light middleweight title nearly two years after Shane Mosley destroyed him and Margarito having accomplished nothing of significance since that loss.

Another smart decision was when he fought the shot Shane Mosley coming off a draw with Mora and loss to Mayweather.
Uncle Oden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSK View Post
Judah. Mosley was prime until Pac beat him.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
He didn't look that way the first 4 rounds against Mayweather.

The only person who had handled Judah before at 140 pounds was Tszyu. Until Khan rolled Zab.
That was years ago .

Zab has got more big fights because of his mouth than because of his fists.

Would Mosley lose to the following

1. Baldomir
2. Clottey
3. Spinks

I dont think so , and the Baldomir fight was just plain embarrasing.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSK View Post

Judah. Mosley was prime until Pac beat him.

Well done.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai C View Post

Stick to the topic dude. Once again that Mayweather guy is mentioned. Your avatar is a dead give away. Don't use this thread to downgrade the Floyd guy. I know its hard to resist, but downing Floyd doesn't lift Pacquiao or vice versa. Yeah, yeah, you said it was a smart business move by Mayweather but we see your motive.
Since I started the thread, I feel fairly confident that I'm "sticking to the topic." But , thanks for the advice.

I have no "motive." I made a point based upon what the other poster had said, and one that is relevant to the opponents 33-year-old Judah fought and 38-year-old Mosley fought. You know, the two guys who are the subject of this thread.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #21
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post

That was years ago .

Zab has got more big fights because of his mouth than because of his fists.

Would Mosley lose to the following

1. Baldomir
2. Clottey
3. Spinks

I dont think so , and the Baldomir fight was just plain embarrasing.
Why did Mayweather fight the Judah who had just lost to Baldomir? I heard something about a contract, but you would think that after Judah lost to Baldomir, the contract would have had a clause to get Floyd out of that bout.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Oden View Post

speaking of smart business moves, Manny made one when he fought the illegal-handwrap-tainted Antonio Margarito for the WBC light middleweight title nearly two years after Shane Mosley destroyed him and Margarito having accomplished nothing of significance since that loss.

Another smart decision was when he fought the shot Shane Mosley coming off a draw with Mora and loss to Mayweather.
The same Margarito that Floyd never fought? The one whom many feel Floyd decided to "retire" over rather than fight? That guy? The man who was around 5" taller than Pacquiao and who had TKO'd pound-for-pound contender Sergio Martinez?

As I understand it, Team Pacquiao wanted to try to better Floyd's performance against Mosley. And they did, although Pac did not get the KO he desired against an admittedly-shot Mosley.

One thing that has struck me is that Pacquiao has fought two of the three fighters who some feel "retired" Mayweather: Cotto and Margarito. The other of the trio (actually, it's more like a quadruple, but I dealt with Mosley-Mayweather in an earlier post on this thread), Paul Williams, is sadly on the decline now.

It's a shame Floyd never had the chance to face Margarito or Cotto. I guess there's still time, though, if Floyd wants those fights.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
CrocodileTear

vCash: 75

Quote:
The same Margarito that Floyd never fought? The one whom many feel Floyd decided to "retire" over rather than fight? That guy? The man who was around 5" taller than Pacquiao and who had TKO'd pound-for-pound contender Sergio Martinez?
Eh? Martinez was barely relevant in his division when Margarito stopped him, and wasn't even close to the pound for pound rankings.
CrocodileTear is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #24
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1948

Quote:
Why did Mayweather fight the Judah who had just lost to Baldomir? I heard something about a contract, but you would think that after Judah lost to Baldomir, the contract would have had a clause to get Floyd out of that bout.
They tried to replace the Judah fight after he lost and even sent Margarito an offer in place of him, but Margo turned it down and they couldn't find a replacement so they stuck with Judah

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] scene.com/antonio-margarito-patiently-waiting--3075

Various reports said that Floyd Mayweather offered Margarito a fight on April 8 but that Margarito's management, led by Sergio Davis Jr. and Francisco Espinosa, rejected the fight.
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #25
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileTear View Post

Eh? Martinez was barely relevant in his division when Margarito stopped him, and wasn't even close to the pound for pound rankings.
Same Sergio Martinez, though, right? I mean, we are talking about the same man, I think.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #26
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Same Sergio Martinez, though, right? I mean, we are talking about the same man, I think.
Same Sergio? No. Completely different fighter.

Pound for pound contender when Margarito beat him lol? YOu trolling again boy?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #27
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Mosley is more shot.

Because Zab Judah is not shot at all.

What happened yesterday is nothing new with Zab... just another proof that he is an incredibly un-serious fighter.

He is more interested in looking cool with his bling and girls on either arm.. than actually training and thinking boxing.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post

They tried to replace the Judah fight after he lost and even sent Margarito an offer in place of him, but Margo turned it down and they couldn't find a replacement so they stuck with Judah

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] scene.com/antonio-margarito-patiently-waiting--3075

Various reports said that Floyd Mayweather offered Margarito a fight on April 8 but that Margarito's management, led by Sergio Davis Jr. and Francisco Espinosa, rejected the fight.
No -- Team Mayweather says they tried to offer a fight to Margarito, which Team Margarito says never happened. Then Floyd himself said no offer was made to Margarito. Oops.

Nice try, though.

Why are there so many versions and issues when it comes to Team Floyd making a fight? Seems like that might be a theme?
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
CrocodileTear

vCash: 75

Quote:
The Martinez that Margarito beat is not the same Martinez of today. Not to say that the Sergio of 2000 wasn't a very good fighter, he was, but he hadn't yet improved to the level he is at now. There were many facets of Sergio's game that were not adjusted and improved until after the Margarito loss. I remember after his recent interview in The Ring magazine, that he upped his dedication, and refined his style after that loss, to ensure it never happened again.
CrocodileTear is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post

Same Sergio? No. Completely different fighter.

Pound for pound contender when Margarito beat him lol? YOu trolling again boy?
Did Antonio Margarito fight Sergio Martinez? Yes, he did.

So, both Martinez and Pacquiao managed to fight Margarito.

Guess who never felt the urge to fight Margarito? I'll let you guess.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum