Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How many of Vitali Klitschko's opponents were ranked?

He beat verry few ranked contenders and that is why he is a bit of a paper tiger.

Ironicaly his claim to be a lineal heavyweight champion is probably better than Marvin Harts was.
janitor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #17
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
Legendary names, yes. There are no Holyfields, Tysons, Lewis's, Foremans or Holmes' on his win record. He does however, have a fair amount of wins over some of the better contenders of his time, for whatever thats worth.
No he does not. Best contenders of his time outside the big names:

Ibeauchi
Wlad
Tua
Rahman
Ruiz
Maskeev
Byrd
Brewster

Vitali fought 1 and lost
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
btw, anyone know what happened to my former enemy Dr. Z?
You mean Mendoza? Get with the programme
Old 12-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well, some posters have actually made some nice contributions to this thread by listing quite a few men who he defeated. I'm not saying that Williams, Sanders, Hide, Hoffman, or any of the others were great fighters, but they weren't bums either, and were obviously ranked fighters at the time. I also want to point out, that he was winning both the Byrd and Lewis fights before sustaining injuries that forced him to resign, which was no fault of his own.
correct, it was the fault of the opponent who caused him to be unable to continue! He wasnt winning against Lewis, not at the end of rd 6 when the ref stopped it.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrub
correct, it was the fault of the opponent who caused him to be unable to continue! He wasnt winning against Lewis, not at the end of rd 6 when the ref stopped it.
People look at the Lewis fight as some sort of rip off or bad luck, the truth is Lewis punched half his fukking face off

Is this unlucky or ripped of? Not likey, as you point out.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #21
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
and he would have won the byrd fight by circling, jabbing with his good arm and clinching, but he didn't.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #22
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhlilhaus
and he would have won the byrd fight by circling, jabbing with his good arm and clinching, but he didn't.
He was out of stamina in the Byrd fight too and running out of steam
Old 12-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
Woddy

vCash:

[quote]
Quote:
correct, it was the fault of the opponent who caused him to be unable to continue!
Yeah, Chris Byrd's amazing style caused Vitali's shoulder to just rip apart right?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #24
Woddy

vCash:

Quote:
He wasnt winning against Lewis, not at the end of rd 6 when the ref stopped it.
Did you see this fight? I don't think you did. Here is some youtube coverage showing round to round action. It sure looked to me like Lewis was getting his ass kicked and from time to time a score would appear on the screen showing Vitali ahead. I also liked how after the stoppage Klitschko raised his hands, and most of the fans cheared despite the loss. Then for months after the fight demanded that he get a rematch. I would also like to hear why you think that a torn rotator cuff was caused by Chris Byrd's efforts.

Watch this and tell me honestly if you think Lewis was leading in that fight. The second link shows an article from the boxing times clearly stating that " despite being ahead on all three judges scorecards, the fight was stopped"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Old 12-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #25
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woddy
Did you see this fight? I don't think you did. Here is some youtube coverage showing round to round action. It sure looked to me like Lewis was getting his ass kicked and from time to time a score would appear on the screen showing Vitali ahead. I also liked how after the stoppage Klitschko raised his hands, and most of the fans cheared despite the loss. Then for months after the fight demanded that he get a rematch. I would also like to hear why you think that a torn rotator cuff was caused by Chris Byrd's efforts.

Watch this and tell me honestly if you think Lewis was leading in that fight. The second link shows an article from the boxing times clearly stating that " despite being ahead on all three judges scorecards, the fight was stopped"

I saw that article to, and from memory Klit was definately ahead on the scorecards.

Oh well, looks like Barneyrub has been owned, and from the sound of it, I don't know if John Thomas saw that fight either. Although I do agree that the fight needed to be stopped, as Klit's face was looking bad.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 12-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
Woddy

vCash:

Quote:
I saw that article to, and from memory Klit was definately ahead on the scorecards.

Oh well, looks like Barneyrub has been owned, and from the sound of it, I don't know if John Thomas saw that fight either. Although I do agree that the fight needed to be stopped, as Klit's face was looking bad.
I don't think that Barney Rubble saw either the Chris Byrd or Lennox Lewis fights, judging by his statements. Lewis was past his prime and still won the fight so I don't hold the performance against him, but anyone who thinks that he was winning through six rounds needs to get their eyes checked.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum