Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021
Default My take on Andre Ward

I have heard alot of critics on this man.. So i will give my opinion on this guy..
People is often Critising Ward for not fighting away.. Keep in mind that venue and refs isnt Wards choices...
And what would the difference have been?
Bika, dispite the decision being a bit off, wasnt anywhere near beating him.
It was an ugly fight against Kessler, i believe that the fight could have been more comptetive if Kessler was better prepared, injury free and not having the ref against him.. But when that is said, i believe that Ward would have won anyway. People can call him boring, but he gets the job done (like Wladimir, who is one of my favorite fighters today).

Ward is IMO the best fighter in the world who is below 30.. He fights with great generalship and has serveal dimensions..
He is elusive, can fight inside, outside, attack the head, and attack the body. Not to mention his speed or punch variation..
Resume wise he may not be that impressive, but i will favor him over every fighter from 160-175, i will only give Hopkins a shot at Ward.
Ward is a winner (have not lost since he was 14) and could be a future top 5 P4P IMO..
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902
Default Re: My take on Andre Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishFightfan View Post
I have heard alot of critics on this man.. So i will give my opinion on this guy..
People is often Critising Ward for not fighting away.. Keep in mind that venue and refs isnt Wards choices...
And what would the difference have been? Kessler DQ
It was an ugly fight against Kessler, i believe that the fight could have been more comptetive if Kessler was better prepared, injury free and not having the ref against him.. But when that is said, i believe that Ward would have won anyway. People can call him boring, but he gets the job done (like Wladimir, who is one of my favorite fighters today).

Ward is IMO the best fighter in the world who is below 30.. He fights with great generalship and has serveal dimensions..
He is elusive, can fight inside, outside, attack with the head, and attack the body. Not to mention his speed or punch variation..
Resume wise he may not be that impressive, but i will favor him over every fighter from 160-175, i will only give Hopkins a shot at Ward.
Ward is a winner (have not lost since he was 14) and could be a future top 5 P4P IMO..
Fixed a few things for you
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ward is fantastic in terms of skill because, as you said, he's competent at all ranges, his defense and ring awareness are outstanding, and he's got a load of physical gifts.

What I don't like about him is the fact that his punch resistance is shaky and he's not the finisher I like to see at this level. I think these go hand in hand because Ward rarely sits down on his punches and he's content to potshot overmatched opponents when he could obviously get them out of there by taking some chances and it would only go to reason that he's worried about taking a good one on his mandible.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

He is elusive, can fight inside, outside, attack the head, and attack the body. Not to mention his speed or punch variation..
I would agree with every thing you just said accept I'll go a little further then you and say that I think Ward could be a future #1 p4p. But I'd also add that in addition to Hopkins Andre Dirrell and Chad Dawson also have respectable chances against Ward right now. A few other guys at light heavy might as well. He hasn't ever fought at that weight so maybe I don't give him as much credit against those guys as you do. But otherwise we're on the same page. And BTW Carl Froch is probably my favourite active fight.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He should have been dq'd against Kessler, its ashame he is dirty. Most fighters that do that, have too. Ward, is so skilled and has so many options he does not have to do that stuff.
tito44 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
Leprikawn7
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Froch seems to think he can steam roll over Ward. I think he better bring about 7 Game plans because Ward can change up his game from round to round.
Leprikawn7 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito44 View Post
He should have been dq'd against Kessler, its ashame he is dirty. Most fighters that do that, have too. Ward, is so skilled and has so many options he does not have to do that stuff.
What stuff ? He was tagging Kessler at will
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
ocelot
Champion
East Side Guru

Ward is the real deal. Froch will get schooled, same as Kessler.
ocelot is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 375

Ward will stop Froch. he is too skilled and is as mentally sound as they come. Froch is too easy to hit and has trouble w/ good boxers. This time he meets a phenomenal boxer that throws short punches and will beat him to the punch every time.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 04:55 AM   #10
Bub
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 528

I think he's good but not great. I think he could struggle a lot against Bute & he's lucky Hopkins & Cazaghe are not around & prime. I thought Ward - Froch was a 50/50 fight but now I'm leaning more towards Ward.
Bub is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #11
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Quote:

come on, long talk, litle sense. ward boxing out of his area is an advantage. no matter if he choses the ref or the judges or not. do you think felix sturm organizes who the ref is and everybody else, it is his managemant, ike it is wards managemant and their managemant does everything possible that their fighter has a small or big advantage over his opponent. what I mean by that, in close fights, the hometown boy wins. the ref looks away from head butting and dirty work, or should I call it wards work and this is how it is!!!
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

although i don't agree with all of this, i take my hat off to you for not letting your nationality cloud your judgement. bravo!
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #13
chin in the air
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ward is obviously a very talented fighter but he bores the arse out of me. Seriously, can't get excited about watching him fight at all.

Oh and there is no chance at all of Ward stopping Froch. Beat him, yes. Stop him, nah.
chin in the air is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

yes they were, his promoter negotiated it before allowing ward to enter the tournament
Arran is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #15
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
What stuff ? He was tagging Kessler at will
... with his head, Ward was winning that fight clearly, no reason for the shitty headbutts.
DOM5153 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum