Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who becomes IBF top contender?
Zappavigna on points 6 31.58%
Zappavigna by stoppage 11 57.89%
Draw 0 0%
Diaz on points 1 5.26%
Diaz by stoppage 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,055
vCash: 10000
Default Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

WTF? Just a few days out and there's no love for this fight on the Aussie Forum? (I checked back three pages...) Yet the place is spammed with threads on Tarver-Green, Dib-Lacierva and even Mundine-Tolliver for a week leading up?

Anyway, the Panamanian is no soft touch for Zappa as he looks to bounce back from losing his world title to Miguel Vazquez. He's chinny but has power of his own and always comes to fight...and has a wealth of experience in it.

Sure, you could point to their highest-profile common opponent - Ji Hoon Kim, who was blown out in a round by Zappavigna and in turn took that same amount of time to get rid of Diaz - and say it's a mismatch, but consider this:

Many felt Fernando Angulo deserved the nod against Zappavigna (myself included). Diaz beat him rather handily, scoring three knockdowns (5 rounds to 2 on two of the judges' cards in one of those odd-numbered round bouts they have in Panama)

So much for A>B>C logic, as the sport has taught us time and time again.


Homegrown Victorian light heavyweight prospect Blake Caparello is also on the card, taking something of a step up against Ghanaian brick house Joe Kwadjo in his tenth consecutive professional exploit in the comforts of his home state. The Pride of Osu recently stopped Jamie Pittman a year back via the "three knockdowns in a round" rule.

Unlike Dib-Lacierva (or Mundine-Tolliver...or Green-Tarver) this card is on free Aussie TV.

Is nobody excited for this? Just the foreigner 1700km away?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

we follow god instead now.

no time for boxing.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
we follow god instead now.

no time for boxing.
Amen
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 0
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
WTF? Just a few days out and there's no love for this fight on the Aussie Forum? (I checked back three pages...) Yet the place is spammed with threads on Tarver-Green, Dib-Lacierva and even Mundine-Tolliver for a week leading up?

Anyway, the Panamanian is no soft touch for Zappa as he looks to bounce back from losing his world title to Miguel Vazquez. He's chinny but has power of his own and always comes to fight...and has a wealth of experience in it.

Sure, you could point to their highest-profile common opponent - Ji Hoon Kim, who was blown out in a round by Zappavigna and in turn took that same amount of time to get rid of Diaz - and say it's a mismatch, but consider this:

Many felt Fernando Angulo deserved the nod against Zappavigna (myself included). Diaz beat him rather handily, scoring three knockdowns (5 rounds to 2 on two of the judges' cards in one of those odd-numbered round bouts they have in Panama)

So much for A>B>C logic, as the sport has taught us time and time again.


Homegrown Victorian light heavyweight prospect Blake Caparello is also on the card, taking something of a step up against Ghanaian brick house Joe Kwadjo in his tenth consecutive professional exploit in the comforts of his home state. The Pride of Osu recently stopped Jamie Pittman a year back via the "three knockdowns in a round" rule.

Unlike Dib-Lacierva (or Mundine-Tolliver...or Green-Tarver) this card is on free Aussie TV.

Is nobody excited for this? Just the foreigner 1700km away?
yes and it's great that it's on free. Looking more forward
to it now that you've told me a little about A.Diaz's credentials. Zappa needs to work on alot of things if he wins this and gets a rematch with Vasquez.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

When is this fight on TV?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 0
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
When is this fight on TV?
August 5th. this Friday.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,055
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
August 5th. this Friday.
I think TCB might have meant what time.

I'm keen to know myself.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Zappa will win this IB.

I will go with a win by points but with Zappa's power a stoppage could happen at any time.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 0
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I think TCB might have meant what time.

I'm keen to know myself.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
8pm the card starts. Aussie time.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
August 5th. this Friday.
w00t thanks! about time we got some free to air boxing! i didnt know if they were doing it live or on delay. We should all try watch it because the more ratings they get the more live boxing they will put on for free!

Got to pump this one hard and throw all the support we can behind it imo.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
w00t thanks! about time we got some free to air boxing! i didnt know if they were doing it live or on delay. We should all try watch it because the more ratings they get the more live boxing they will put on for free!

Got to pump this one hard and throw all the support we can behind it imo.
It's not Free-To-Air TC?

Last time I looked, we all pay a monthly subscription for Foxtel, Optus or Austar.
Contendo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
It's not Free-To-Air TC?

Last time I looked, we all pay a monthly subscription for Foxtel, Optus or Austar.
Yeah its Live On FOX Sports.
Nice card on paper i must say for a Friday Night Fights card.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #13
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
It's not Free-To-Air TC?

Last time I looked, we all pay a monthly subscription for Foxtel, Optus or Austar.
oh wtf i thought i read someone say it was Free to air TV God dam it
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,055
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

Oh, by "free" my meaning was "not PPV".

Likewise I consider non-PPV fights on Showtime or HBO here in the states to be "free" even though they are paid for on my monthly cable bill. Force of habit, sorry. Literally free-to-air boxing on American TV is almost unheard of these days (for decades now, really) so it doesn't even occur to us to make the distinction.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna vs. Ameth Diaz, August 5th 2011

is ONE HD boxing dead now then or? thx for clearing that up IB
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013