Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #31
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: former heaveyweight world champ harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222
WBF, IBC and IBA i couls possibly see him unifying but i think the WBU is a bit far out his reach IMO.

He isn't with Sports Network, so won't get a chance
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #32
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
I don't think he was hurt by Sprott really, but lacked the heart to get up and continue - then again, he never occupies the centre of the ring.
For a boxer aspiring to be world champ, he shouldn't get KOed by that punch.

I mean, it was a good punch, a knock down kind of punch, but not enough to make a top HW pass out.

I guess it shows how far Audley can go.

I can't see him eating punches from Wlad/Vitali/Virchis/Tua/Peter/McCall/Briggs/Brewster/Mesi/Povetkin or Valuev, hell even Dimitrenko, Thompson and Maskaev may be able to KO him.

On the other hand, I do think he can avenge his losses against Sprott and Guinn.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #33
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Sprott has been so up-and-down in his career, Audley could beat him...he nearly did in their first fight, too. But it's kind of a damage done scenario there already. He could spark Sprott in 20 seconds and it wouldn't matter.

Guinn, well, he's dropping like a stone due to his lazy ways and any value in beating him is rapidly diminishing.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #34
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
I don't think he was hurt by Sprott really, but lacked the heart to get up and continue - then again, he never occupies the centre of the ring.
no he had the heart, he just lacked the conciousness to get up and continue.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #35
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

it was all downhill after beating Richel 'The Black Sonny Liston' Hersisia. That was Audley's last great showing. Nobody can beat father time.
The problem is all the greats of the sport fight on too long, and I see Audley doing the same unfortunately.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #36
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So, with a 6-8 months time to recover from the injuries he sustained in the accident (surgery on October, the earlier he will show up in the ring is on May, right?

He should take a quick tune up against a decent journeyman, someone like Javier Mora, Saul Montana, Carrion, Zuri Lawrence in June.
Then fight a C level opponent in August, Guinn/McBride/Terry Smith/McDermott/Gogic/Rossy/Vidoz/TOS/Sprott/Botha/Mazikin/Bonin/Sykes.
In october or november he should finish the year facing a legit challenge, to position himself back at the top for a mandatory fight or even a title fight, Ruiz/Liakovich/Danny/Skelton/Krasniqi/Sanil Sam/Platov/Moorer/Meehan/Chambers/Brock/Holmes/Golota/Oquendo are names he should pursue for that last fight.

I know I'm optimistic and the chances of Audley going this way are slim, but he could do it, all the names mentioned here are are fighters he can beat.

Last edited by 11player; 02-09-2008 at 12:16 PM.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #37
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

His younger brother died recently and Audley has had personal problem before. He was reported to be very upset by the death so not sure if he will be back in May.

The guys needs to get his confidence back and learn to use his jab much better than he does. People go on about Maskeav and Chageav but I think he could decision them if got his confidence back and used his jab to better effect.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #38
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

He couldnt make it against the domestic heavyweight, the Russians would be too much for him. He just doesnt have the chin, the talent nor the aggressivness to achieve at the highest level. Its shocking at a 6' 6'' 18 stone man is so timid, its as if he knew he had a china chin...
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #39
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
He couldnt make it against the domestic heavyweight, the Russians would be too much for him. He just doesnt have the chin, the talent nor the aggressivness to achieve at the highest level. Its shocking at a 6' 6'' 18 stone man is so timid, its as if he knew he had a china chin...
The Russians from what I have seen are vastly overrated. Chagaev is there for the taking and Maskeav will soon lose his crown.

But like you say Audley has become timid. I think its become a mental psychological thing for him. Maybe a good example of classical conditioning, he looked timid in the 1st william fight and has looked the same since (apart from his KO win over DW when Danny came in with a few days notice). If he could get the confidence back he could still make some decent money.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #40
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

He was alsways been timid, Julius Francis and Richel Hersisia should be blown away by a future Undisputed Heavyweight Champion, but they wernt, I dont think he ever had the same confidence in the ring as he did out of it.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #41
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict

you would of been better saying gold medalist and last time i saw him he had his dreams crushed by non other than micheal sprott who went on to lose a crap fight with matt skelton who has just lost a UD decision to ruslan chagaev for 25% of the world heavyweight title but at least he fought every round out despite losing them all and does anyone no whether the one and only DANNY WILLIAMS has retired yes the one that knocked out iron mike tyson then got knocked out by ordinary harrison then knocked out scott gammer after coming in 4 stone lighter by training himself. theres also roman greenberg another brittish heavyweight but i wont get started because in brief he's not fought anyone of our brittish class.
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #42
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

Roman Greenberg isnt British.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #43
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Roman Greenberg isnt British.
he lives here though and boxing monthly magazine rank him brittish
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2008, 06:33 AM   #44
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Audley was not close to his brother, so I doubt it will set him back even further. He should be fighting by June, he'd better be.

Greenberg has a akward nationality situation it seems. I read one of his parents is russian, the other is israeli, he was born in England and lives there, so he has different nationalities, it's something like that.

Bidenko and Greenberg are also good names for Audley in 2008.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #45
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekirkbycobra
you would of been better saying gold medalist and last time i saw him he had his dreams crushed by non other than micheal sprott who went on to lose a crap fight with matt skelton who has just lost a UD decision to ruslan chagaev for 25% of the world heavyweight title but at least he fought every round out despite losing them all and does anyone no whether the one and only DANNY WILLIAMS has retired yes the one that knocked out iron mike tyson then got knocked out by ordinary harrison then knocked out scott gammer after coming in 4 stone lighter by training himself. theres also roman greenberg another brittish heavyweight but i wont get started because in brief he's not fought anyone of our brittish class.
Nope Danny is still fighting. He founght Platov a few months ago and gave him a good fight until ther germans did the usual dirty (as Platov was cut) and stopped the fight so it could be declared a no contest.

Danny lets himself down by fighting in patches where he tries to knock the other fighter out. Besides that no use of the jab or point scoring. I think the Tyson KO went to his head and he thinks he can KO anyone now. Besides that he is a very humble chap and a gentleman.

Quote:
Bidenko and Greenberg are also good names for Audley in 2008.
Greenberg is very poor and even a timid Audley beats him easily. Bidenko has more to his game than Greenberg although he does not appear to be anything beyond Euro level.
kurt2006 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum