boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Katsidis on Sky Channel & Q on Ticket Sales?

I don't understand, why they just didn't wait for a foxtel date.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He knocked out Ganoy in 2005 in the 5th round, droped him in the 2nd round as well but i do agree it would be a better fight than the one Katsidis is having now, katsidis is rated #13 in the world, his opponent is rated #255. Ganoys in the 30s, i guess they want a non risk fight against someone whos not a big puncher.

Trust me, that was a home fighter stoppage for Mick and also Ranee taking a short notice fight. I'd go as far as saying it would be a lot different result now and would back Ganoy to ice Mick. You can only use your head to stop bombs so many times.

Your right though TC, they want a low-risk fight as I know for a fact they were offered Ganoy for this fight and declined saying it was too tough for Mick's return here.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Yep. As much as id like to see it, it makes no sense for kats.

* jack asis was telling me he sparred lots of rounds with mick for this fight and did quite well. Jack is fighting some kid from the usa who brendan is saying is a gbp fighter. Nestor rocha from memory???

A career 118/122lbs'er is Rocha! Me thinks there's a win for Jacky boy... I like Jack actually, he's a tough little customer who keep's on giving in his fights, you have to respect that.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #19
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
A career 118/122lbs'er is Rocha! Me thinks there's a win for Jacky boy... I like Jack actually, he's a tough little customer who keep's on giving in his fights, you have to respect that.
I couldnt believe the weight class for Rocha in this fight!!
Must be on a McDonalds diet.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Trust me, that was a home fighter stoppage for Mick and also Ranee taking a short notice fight. I'd go as far as saying it would be a lot different result now and would back Ganoy to ice Mick. You can only use your head to stop bombs so many times.

Your right though TC, they want a low-risk fight as I know for a fact they were offered Ganoy for this fight and declined saying it was too tough for Mick's return here.

Bull**** - were you there mate? Ranee gave the ref in question no option but to stop the fight as he wasn't even looking at Mick and was not punching back nor defending himself in any way. It was a great fight and Ranee had gotten himself back into the contest after a bad first 2 rounds and had even stung Mick before walking onto a big shot himself which turned the tables again. This is a fight that was worthy of a re-match on it's own, it doesn't need to be sold on a controversy that was never there...
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
stevekaradeniz
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
Bull**** - were you there mate? Ranee gave the ref in question no option but to stop the fight as he wasn't even looking at Mick and was not punching back nor defending himself in any way. It was a great fight and Ranee had gotten himself back into the contest after a bad first 2 rounds and had even stung Mick before walking onto a big shot himself which turned the tables again. This is a fight that was worthy of a re-match on it's own, it doesn't need to be sold on a controversy that was never there...

This is a fight that was worthy of a re-match on it's own, it doesn't need to be sold on a controversy that was never there...
stevekaradeniz is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #22
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

No I wasn't there Smutt, but I've watched the footage and last time I looked, I was entitled to my opinion. My opinion is that the fight shouldn't have been stopped. (I might add, this is an opinion shared by other people I respect who also saw the fight)

It's each to their own and I have no problems with people saying the stoppage was ok either.

Remember this oh mighty one, just because you were a judge don't make you ****ing right. Judges and referees have been known to be wrong you know!

It is however as we both agree, a bout certainly worthy of a rematch.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No I wasn't there Smutt, but I've watched the footage and last time I looked, I was entitled to my opinion. My opinion is that the fight shouldn't have been stopped. (I might add, this is an opinion shared by other people I respect who also saw the fight)

It's each to their own and I have no problems with people saying the stoppage was ok either.

Remember this oh mighty one, just because you were a judge don't make you ****ing right. Judges and referees have been known to be wrong you know!

It is however as we both agree, a bout certainly worthy of a rematch.
Finally you are switching on!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Finally you are switching on!!!

Yeh I know, got this part right on the nail as well -

"just because you were a judge don't make you ****ing right. Judges and referees have been known to be wrong you know!"
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #25
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yeh I know, got this part right on the nail as well -

"just because you were a judge don't make you ****ing right. Judges and referees have been known to be wrong you know!"
Except for the fact that in this case I'm not....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #26
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Except for the fact that in this case I'm not....

What a referee or judge? Please mate, don't talk yourself down!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #27
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

Mother****er!!!! LMAO
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #28
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was a fair stoppage contendo in the big picture,although ranee wasnt getting caught with all those punches he was " done" as far as what he had to give. he gave the ref no option but to stop it.

No excuses, beaten fair and square. Be good if he got a chance against mick again though, just cant see it happening.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #29
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
It was a fair stoppage contendo in the big picture,although ranee wasnt getting caught with all those punches he was " done" as far as what he had to give. he gave the ref no option but to stop it.

No excuses, beaten fair and square. Be good if he got a chance against mick again though, just cant see it happening.
I respect your opinion PJ, but similar to that of Smutt, I'll agree to disagree.

As I said, I was not the only one who shared the view, albeit respect others who view the stoppage as ok.

I'll tell you something for free, the Ranee Ganoy who took that fight on short notice, is nowhere near the Ranee Ganoy of today and the result would be different, I have no doubt.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #30
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Although it will never happen, would have loved to have seen a rematch with Onikeke.
LeonMcS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum