Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #46
app80

vCash:
Default Re: What do judges look for...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Actually it wasnt, but it obviously had a lot of close quarters action.

And even if we agreed that fight is an example of how judge view impairment can explain different score cards:

- why is fenech/ nelson 1 on most peoples list as the biggest robbery in boxing. Apparently it has a perfectly reasonable explanation. Judges view at ringside.

- if thats the only example, does that mean judge positioning at ringside can be used as an excuse for all score cards that are considered controversial?

Its not really a compelling
argument when only one 12 rd fight is listed as the example. But as i said, even that fight doesnt fit tne description of a 12
rounder fought in 4 corners. I doubt any fight does, im yet to see one.

My point is that yes, judges have their vision impaired. Over 12 rds, its barely worth mentioning in explaining lop sided score cards.

And phil....you are looking swuave....
Like I said, 3 or 4 rounds of that action change a scorecard.

Fenech Nelson was one guy punching, one guy catching. Bought judges dont factor into "judging criteria" used.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #47
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by app80 View Post
Like I said, 3 or 4 rounds of that action change a scorecard.

Fenech Nelson was one guy punching, one guy catching. Bought judges dont factor into "judging criteria" used.
Ok, if thats how you saw it, you are perfectly ok with the score cards?
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #48
app80

vCash:

Quote:
What the **** are you on about?

* Ive CLEARLY explained how I think judges watching the same round, using the same criteria can have a different scorecard (Obscured view)

* I've explained that 3 or 4 rounds of this action, could lead to drastically different scoring between judges cards.

* I've explained that the fenech v Nelson fight was mostly one guy pitching (Fenech), one guy catching (Nelson) , it's clear who I thought won just from that alone.

* I insinuated that I thought the judges were bribed.

Anything else you want written out in bullet point for you you frustrating cunt?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #49
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What the **** are you on about?

* Ive CLEARLY explained how I think judges watching the same round, using the same criteria can have a different scorecard (Obscured view)

* I've explained that 3 or 4 rounds of this action, could lead to drastically different scoring between judges cards.

* I've explained that the fenech v Nelson fight was mostly one guy pitching (Fenech), one guy catching (Nelson) , it's clear who I thought won just from that alone.

* I insinuated that I thought the judges were bribed.

Anything else you want written out in bullet point for you you frustrating cunt?

So you are saying that despite judges having different views of a fight, it doesnt excuse wrongful scoring. In other words its not an excuse, its a cop out.

You agree with me

feel free to write more essays that contradict yourself though, nothing funnier than reading a retard make a compelling case for judges scoring and in the very next post label the fight a robbery and the judges biased.

you can pull your thumb out of your ass now dummy.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #50
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by underworld View Post
Peery cale is one of gthe worst ring annoncers doesnt give a shit about fights i dont think he got paid from his last show at sunshine
Be highly unusual for someone not to be paid off one of your shows...
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #51
app80

vCash:

Quote:
Quote:

So you are saying that despite judges having different views of a fight, it doesnt excuse wrongful scoring. In other words its not an excuse, its a cop out.

You agree with me

feel free to write more essays that contradict yourself though, nothing funnier than reading a retard make a compelling case for judges scoring and in the very next post label the fight a robbery and the judges biased.

you can pull your thumb out of your ass now dummy.
Dummy?

Essays are not written in bullet point you thick cunt.

Dont agree with you, and never made any call on right and wrong, just explained how scoring can differ.

You asked for a fight where the majority was fought in a corner, you were answered, and then you asked my opinion on that particular fights scoring , again, you were answered.

Im not wasting any more time a dopey cunt who gets his questions answered in nice plain english, then doesnt understand what he's asked.

Quite frankly, you are boring.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #52
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dummy?

Essays are not written in bullet point you thick cunt.

Dont agree with you, and never made any call on right and wrong, just explained how scoring can differ.

You asked for a fight where the majority was fought in a corner, you were answered, and then you asked my opinion on that particular fights scoring , again, you were answered.

Im not wasting any more time a dopey cunt who gets his questions answered in nice plain english, then doesnt understand what he's asked.

Quite frankly, you are boring.

Your post #46....

" Like i said, 3 or 4 rounds of that action can change a score card "

The one fight you pick as having corrupt judges is the fight where you explain how they scored the fight the way they did.

The lights arent even on at your house.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #53
app80

vCash:

Quote:
Your post #46....

" Like i said, 3 or 4 rounds of that action can change a score card "

The one fight you pick as having corrupt judges is the fight where you explain how they scored the fight the way they did.

The lights arent even on at your house.
No I didnt. Learn to read sparky.

Again , for the dipshit that is PJ

1) I explained how scorecards can vary.

2) I used that fight example as a fight where it was fought in corners, not where you can test out my explanation - when judges are corrupt, there is no criteria applied . Any combo of the 2 judges that saw a round of Fenech v Nelson should have given almost all to Fenech, this clearly did not happen.

Want me to draw a picture for you?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #54
Ben K
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
And that just gives further proof that besides the integrity factor, you judges dont read from the same hymn sheet. Your criteria is different to other judges...one judge told me a jab is
worth the same as the hardest left hook.

You arent even sure of your own criteria...using the phrase "normally will win the round". I know what you mean, but this is the point.....you cant even give a definitive explanation of how to score a round. What hope has a fighter or fan got in following your judgement?

And another thing....if you admit that not all judges use the same scoring criteria....ever think it might be an idea to go and tell the fighter beforehand about what you guys will reward and
ignore? You know...it might just help. But then again, it might confuse the guy....you tell him one thing and the other two judges tell him something different.

I know scoring is a subjective thing but geez, can you guys atleast use the same friggin criteria across the board, in all fights, on all occassions. ALL of you.

End rant.
Im should have written it a bit clearer. When i said "usually win the round", If you get knocked down then obviously outlanding your opponent for the rest of the round wont win it for you.
Ben K is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #55
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben K View Post
Im should have written it a bit clearer. When i said "usually win the round", If you get knocked down then obviously outlanding your opponent for the rest of the round wont win it for you.
WHY?? If a bloke is leading 10/9 before knockdown it becomes 9/9...converted to 10/10 under 10-must system. If downed boxer from that point on continues to outscore, he surely has to win the round 10/9

Always fail to understand why a bloke leading by 1 point during a round seems to automatically lose 3 points if knocked down.....when knockdown = minus 1 point ???

Last edited by Da Voice; 08-11-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #56
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Funniest response I ever heard to this question.
Trainer, in earnest, trying to give his kid the best chance of winning, to seedy old expug judge (Joke of course)

"What is the first thing you look for as a judge"

"Well the very first thing I look for is wot's stuck under me seat"
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #57
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I must say I fail to understand why referees instruct judges to deduct a point for infringement, when they no longer use one scorecard for the whole fight?
I guess, some rules/habits die hard
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #58
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Does a point deducted from te winner of a ten nine round result in a 9-9 round in the ten must system?
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #59
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post
Does a point deducted from te winner of a ten nine round result in a 9-9 round in the ten must system?
9-9 = 10-10
Care to know, where blokes scored 2 points deduction for one infringement due to recorder's incompetence ??
I was privy to score tallysheets....which was the only way Vic Control would provide me with its official results

Last edited by Da Voice; 08-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #60
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Rhetoric question for contemplation, DaGoose, any wonder you never get the point, you ain't sharp.
DBerry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum