Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
jokatliam

vCash: 500
Default whats the going rate for both manager and trainer to take out of boxers purse???

Hi was just wondering what sort of percentage you pay out of your purse each fight???
jokatliam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: whats the going rate for both manager and trainer to take out of boxers purse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokatliam View Post
Hi was just wondering what sort of percentage you pay out of your purse each fight???
Manager usually 20%. Trainer 10%. However, if manager is also the promoter, you can ditch 20%
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
jokatliam

Default Re: whats the going rate for both manager and trainer to take out of boxers purse???

thanks for that i was sure they would have to get something i know of someone whom says they dont get anything they do it for love i say lmfao!!!
jokatliam is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Standard in the States is 33% and can't be more than that according to most commissions. Trainer 10%.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thai agents come casual trainers/managers take reasonable 75%
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I know plenty of managers who don't 'cut' their fighters whilst their building up in the smaller fights.

I know for a fact I didn't cut a former fighter on 5 of the 7 fights we had together.

And when you say you laugh at some managers "doing it for love", ask them that after they've paid for a fighter on a show, lock, stock and barrel and see what reaction you get.

Certain "promoters" in this country, well actually their not ****ing promoters, I just use that term loosely, they just parade around calling themselves that and won't give a fighter a start unless he's either part paid for, or paid for in full.

So managaers sometimes, to keep moving their fighter along and getting them ticking over end up paying out of their own pocket, yeh I'd call that "love'.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

jesus, so when Pac gets $25 million... after taxes, promoters, trainers etc he probably gets less than 10?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
jesus, so when Pac gets $25 million... after taxes, promoters, trainers etc he probably gets less than 10?
Yeah gotta feel for him hey... poor bastard, my heart bleeds
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Arums cash cow
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

It works both ways. Of course their are unscrupulous managers out there, but often times it works in reverse. A lot of managers invest in a fighter at their own personal expense if they cant attract good sponsorship. If the fighter ends up making big purses down the track, its only fair the manager gets a slice of it too. I mean, thats the deal in any investment. Fighters sometimes forget that.

Billy treacy was quoted in one piece how his arrangement with geale is that he developed him basically free of charge but will take a cut when daniels purses are quite healthy. Thats more than fair on daniels part and i think thats a very equitable arrangement.

That doesnt mean every arrangement is on that basis. Any fighter with half a brain will know if his manager is working in his best interests and helping his career go forward.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Classic Whipsy.
Now we know why he couldn't afford to buy his brother a fridge
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
Classic Whipsy.
Now we know why he couldn't afford to buy his brother a fridge
Yeah those damned managers and trainers are to blame mate.... its a travesty
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
smart ass

he does all the work and Arum probably pockets just as much... now thats ****ed. Cunning old Jew
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
smart ass

he does all the work and Arum probably pockets just as much... now thats ****ed. Cunning old Jew

Yeah know what you mean mate, its a joke, people like King and Arum gettingrich, I dont have a prob with Oscar making money from promoting, he did the hard yards in the ring
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
It works both ways. Of course their are unscrupulous managers out there, but often times it works in reverse. A lot of managers invest in a fighter at their own personal expense if they cant attract good sponsorship. If the fighter ends up making big purses down the track, its only fair the manager gets a slice of it too. I mean, thats the deal in any investment. Fighters sometimes forget that.

Billy treacy was quoted in one piece how his arrangement with geale is that he developed him basically free of charge but will take a cut when daniels purses are quite healthy. Thats more than fair on daniels part and i think thats a very equitable arrangement.

That doesnt mean every arrangement is on that basis. Any fighter with half a brain will know if his manager is working in his best interests and helping his career go forward.
Great post i was basically going to post the same thing with the Geale example of how some promoters work.
As Contendo said a lot of times the promoters are getting burned cash wise while there trying to build a fighter up and if the fighter doesn't make it the promoter/investor ends up doing their cash.
So a lot of times not only are they doing it for "love" and not getting paid its also costing them money out of their own pocket to do it.
left jab danny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum