boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: whats the going rate for both manager and trainer to take out of boxers purse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post

Great post i was basically going to post the same thing with the Geale example of how some promoters work.

As Contendo said a lot of times the promoters are getting burned cash wise while there trying to build a fighter up and if the fighter doesn't make it the promoter/investor ends up doing their cash.

So a lot of times not only are they doing it for "love" and not getting paid its also costing them money out of their own pocket to do it.

Hey LJD, just remember, I'm saying managers get burned a lot of times with paying out for a fighter. 'Promoters' and 'Managers' are two different animals and a lot of 'Promoters' in Australia aren't really promoters and fundamentally make the fighter (fighters manager!) pay his own way just to get on a show. The manager has to find sponsors or inverably his own pocket to cover his fighter/fighter's opponent, the lot to just get on the show.

Daniel Geale for the investment Bill Treacey has supported his career with will thank him for the rest of his days and Billy Treacey loves the kid. I think it's a fabulous show of support that he will only cut Daniel's purses once he's into the big dollars.

Remember though, not all fighters are lily ****ing white and will jump camp at the drop of a hat if they think there's a better deal elsewhere.

Last edited by Contendo; 08-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Contendo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
jokatliam

vCash: 500
Default Re: whats the going rate for both manager and trainer to take out of boxers purse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
I know plenty of managers who don't 'cut' their fighters whilst their building up in the smaller fights.

I know for a fact I didn't cut a former fighter on 5 of the 7 fights we had together.

And when you say you laugh at some managers "doing it for love", ask them that after they've paid for a fighter on a show, lock, stock and barrel and see what reaction you get.

Certain "promoters" in this country, well actually their not ****ing promoters, I just use that term loosely, they just parade around calling themselves that and won't give a fighter a start unless he's either part paid for, or paid for in full.

So managaers sometimes, to keep moving their fighter along and getting them ticking over end up paying out of their own pocket, yeh I'd call that "love'.
Thankyou for sharing your view which i can totally understand im sure their are some trainers,Managers out their that love what they do but at the end of the day , It doesnt put food on the table or if they have invested in their fighter what happens when the results are not their like they thought they would be??Thanks again for your view
jokatliam is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
app80

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokatliam View Post
Thankyou for sharing your view which i can totally understand im sure their are some trainers,Managers out their that love what they do but at the end of the day , It doesnt put food on the table or if they have invested in their fighter what happens when the results are not their like they thought they would be??Thanks again for your view

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum