Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
Goofy_Foot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
This is nothing new, society is sick and tired of police thinking they are above the law. We seen riots in Sydney over a very similar issue in Redfern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I honestly feel that the police brutality within the UK has caused this drama, what caused the riots in Sydney at Redfern? anyone got any details?
Why do you blurt this stuff out if you don't actually know the details of it?

You seem to deliberately try to sensationalise things that you have no understanding of.

What's happening in the UK and what happened in Redfern are nothing alike.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #32
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
tc your openly encouraging anarchy? im not a fan of cops either , but to me it seems there is a small minority of individuals with a legitimate protest to make, whilst the majority are opportunistic criminals taking advantage of the followers in society to further their own thuggish needs, if i was the prime minister id get the tear gas and rubber bullets out. This is a direct correlation to what happens in fight club, the youth are bored, they have been in no significant wars, no defining moments , experienced no rites of passage, therefore anarchy and revolt are the most enticing options, unfortunately the shooting of the unlicensed taxi driver was just the straw that broke the camels back. These people must realise that those they are hurting are everyday people , not the government.
Very irresponsible of Shorty McShort to be encouraging this IMO. Just because he is able to intimidate the cops, it doesn't mean others will. Not every other human being is able to radiate the same aura of menace that Typhoid can...
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: OT: London Riots

i can just imagine the death staredown that the cops middriff would receive from him
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #34
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
i can just imagine the death staredown that the cops middriff would receive from him
True, there is the odd short copper around....
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #35
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
tc your openly encouraging anarchy? im not a fan of cops either , but to me it seems there is a small minority of individuals with a legitimate protest to make, whilst the majority are opportunistic criminals taking advantage of the followers in society to further their own thuggish needs, if i was the prime minister id get the tear gas and rubber bullets out. This is a direct correlation to what happens in fight club, the youth are bored, they have been in no significant wars, no defining moments , experienced no rites of passage, therefore anarchy and revolt are the most enticing options, unfortunately the shooting of the unlicensed taxi driver was just the straw that broke the camels back. These people must realise that those they are hurting are everyday people , not the government.
i dont agree with what the opportunistic criminals are doing.

Society eventually comes to a point in which its population under repression will revolt. LA Riots is another example. This sort of crap shouldnt even be in a civilized society and it stems from the TOP. to blame people for reacting or overreacting is all good but this is not what has caused the INITAL problem, excessive police force is the problem and the solution is not rubber bullets and tear gas, if you want anarcy then yes this is the solution.

Change is the only viable solution imho.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #36
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
i dont agree with what the opportunistic criminals are doing.

Society eventually comes to a point in which its population under repression will revolt. LA Riots is another example. This sort of crap shouldnt even be in a civilized society and it stems from the TOP. to blame people for reacting or overreacting is all good but this is not what has caused the INITAL problem, excessive police force is the problem and the solution is not rubber bullets and tear gas, if you want anarcy then yes this is the solution.

Change is the only viable solution imho.
The Redfern riots were caused by a kid who having robbed a store recently took off on his bike when he saw a Police Car who probably had no interest in him until he took off when he seen them and fell off his bike at speed and impaled himself on a fence. The Macquarie Field riots were caused by police chasing the speeding driver of a stolen car who ran into a tree. How can you blame police when if they just surrendered they would still be alive today?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #37
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
In the early hours of Sunday, February 15, Thomas Hickey, a young Aboriginal boy, died in hospital after a bicycle accident that left him impaled on a metal fence.

The 17-year-old, known by friends as ``T. J.'', was riding home through Redfern after visiting with his mother at Eveleigh Street, when the accident occurred.

The Aboriginal community in Redfern was enraged by the boy's death. They blamed the police for his death, citing witnesses who say T. J. was being chased by police when he fell. The police denied that they were chasing Thomas. Reports from another witness say that police rushed to the boy's aid after being alerted to the accident by residents.

Community anger came to a head on Sunday night, February 15, when local Aborigines, unappeased by police denials, began rioting on the streets of Redfern. The train station was torched, cars fire-bombed and police in riot gear pelted with bottles, rocks, petrol bombs and fire*******s in the nine-hour riot.

Forty police were injured. The NSW Government has begun three inquiries.
not a good comparision ill admit.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #38
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Thats whats sparked it all m8, u cant go shooting inoccent people in the chest with Hollow Point tip bullets, its basicly Murder, shoot to kill. A Hollow point bullet explodes within the target it hits, the chances of surival are slim to none.

This is nothing new, society is sick and tired of police thinking they are above the law. We seen riots in Sydney over a very similar issue in Redfern.

I havent seen the footage of the little kid that got hurt, i also havent seen all the bashings, illegal searches, harrasment etc by UK police, its a two way street m8 and i hope the UK police gets their ass handed to them. Im not anti police but i know that corruption within the police is strong, i also dont feel police have the right to take away anyones life, they are not GOD.

The officer who shot Mark Duggan should be charged with Murder. The simplicity of police to protect one of their own has gone on for generations, no one should be suprized about this.
i agree with innocent until proven guilty in court... however a wanted fugitive whom is being pursued by police and is armed is asking to be shot...
the looting going on now is a combination of being too PC ie. soft on crime, soft on immigration, parents charged is they smack their kids. young generation have no respect because parents these days are ****in lazy useless c*&ts who dont take responsibility and lead by example. i wish we had some aspects of asian and italian culture when it comes to how greatly we respect our elders.... UK is already one large trailer park and unless we sort our shit out here we are heading that way.
police brutality may or may not have been the cause, i know london coppers aint got the best track record, but in my eyes if you are holding and get shot by a cop you are to blame, not the cop
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #39
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Erko
Posts: 843
vCash: 1000
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Most of the people the police overstep the line with tend to deserve what they get anyway. When the cops do overestep their limits, it is usually out of frustration, seeing the same pricks they catch time and time again.
I'm the last person to side with the cops, but looting, vandalism and violence against strangers is funny way to protest police issues, if that has anything to do with the motivation of most of the boofheads.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #40
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Charge that officer with Assault and take his badge. I could go at this all day but guess what? not one of them would be charged, however if you hit a cop even if its defence you get charged with Assault police, resist arrest blah blah, yeah been there done that, cops throw their weight around me and its GAME ON BABY! lol Braveheart sht. No one has the right to treat you like a fckn Animal, even if some cunts given them a badge. They are not Gods.

This poor cunt is being taserd multiple times and punched. And you rekon its bad some guy gets robbed by looters? These officers have a duty of care, including the persons they are arresting. Clearly they dont give 2 fcks. I wonder if i tried to do a citizens arrest on a copper and he resisted could i use the same force? Oh thats right, Tasers are illegal for us to own, yet the police can carry them around and Taser people at will.

People wont wake up until their countrys turn into a police state.
for every single video you put up of a copper beating someone TY, there are a thousand of scumbag drunk ****wits spitting on, biting, abusing and hitting cops.
you hit a cop, ambo etc you should get the **** kicked out of you, followed by a 3 month stint in jail
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #41
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
i agree with innocent until proven guilty in court... however a wanted fugitive whom is being pursued by police and is armed is asking to be shot...
the looting going on now is a combination of being too PC ie. soft on crime, soft on immigration, parents charged is they smack their kids. young generation have no respect because parents these days are ****in lazy useless c*&ts who dont take responsibility and lead by example. i wish we had some aspects of asian and italian culture when it comes to how greatly we respect our elders.... UK is already one large trailer park and unless we sort our shit out here we are heading that way.
police brutality may or may not have been the cause, i know london coppers aint got the best track record, but in my eyes if you are holding and get shot by a cop you are to blame, not the cop
Too true mate, You mention Asian culture etc, I lived in South Korea for 2 years and let me tell u, Kids walk around at all sorts of times of night by themselves, The violence over there is nothing, they drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol yet go to a pub and there is no security, hardly ever saw a fight, the way they are brought up to respect etc, is something we could definatley learn a thing or 2 from
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #42
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Too true mate, You mention Asian culture etc, I lived in South Korea for 2 years and let me tell u, Kids walk around at all sorts of times of night by themselves, The violence over there is nothing, they drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol yet go to a pub and there is no security, hardly ever saw a fight, the way they are brought up to respect etc, is something we could definatley learn a thing or 2 from
Korea is the perfect example of it... my missus is Korean and the respect they show to anybody older than them is admirable. you are right you can got to the bar every night there and people get drunk and have fun..you will never see a fight, and good luck to you if you abuse a cop or spit on him or try and hit him...
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #43
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
Korea is the perfect example of it... my missus is Korean and the respect they show to anybody older than them is admirable. you are right you can got to the bar every night there and people get drunk and have fun..you will never see a fight, and good luck to you if you abuse a cop or spit on him or try and hit him...

My Mrs is Korean too, When i was teaching over there, If one of the kids even dared think about being a little shit to one of the Korean Teachers, then the consequences would have them never thinking about doing it again, the way it used to be here and the way it still should, My niece mouths off to everyone and if you even think about giving her what for all of a sudden you are some sort of monster, society over here and other western countries is on a steady decline,
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #44
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: OT: London Riots

Imo the sole cause of this is bad parenting / lack of parents.

Ty, that scummy gangster who got shot deserved it mate. He had a gun on him and even though it appears he didn't shot the gun who is to say that he didn't point it at the police. **** him. The people who have a problem with police / authority are the types who are committing crimes / doing the wrong thing.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #45
woftam1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Default Re: OT: London Riots

repaying years of police mistreatment.

this is what caused the problems


unleashed by an insufficiently tough police reaction to the initial incident



and this is what continued the problems


So the coppers being too tough was a problem then them being too easy was the problem.

If someone has a gun and looks like using it I think i would be very hard to wait until they shot at you before shooting at them.
Would take a lot of self control saying you shoot first
woftam1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013