Old 08-31-2011, 06:05 AM   #46
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Personal Trainer Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I've seen some fat ladies doing some weird, pointless shit with fitballs in gyms, may aswell be doing nothing.. I think most personal trainers like to introduce gimmicky exercises to make the average joe think they're knowledgable. An intelligent personal trainer is a rare thing from my experience. The classic lifts derived from olympic lifting should be emphasised, technique should be emphasised. There's nothing wrong with an old lady doing bodyweight squats and lunges, the problem is that the old lady doesn't need a gym for that... It's all business
largely agree with you , but once again i feel the point is being missed. 1 and old lady who has never done squats or lunges needs someone somewhere to show her how its done correctly even bodyweight exercises!. And 2 she probably doesnt NEED a gym but needs something structured and a place to go to be motivated to do some exercise rather than the none at all she would probably do.

I know lots of people especially women that wouldnt be motivated to workout at home and yet they feel going to a place at a certain time weather a class or a set time with a PT. Why is this considered evil?? Like i said should all PT's give the info out for nothing.

I am currently learning guitar, on my own. Im not getting very far but its more than possible to do it this way. I dont have set practice times and life gets in the way of my practice

If i payed a guitar instructor to show me the basics and more i would imagine id get alot further alot quicker. Id also imagine id have to pay for this service?
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing