Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Droog
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Changed my mind on Khan

I have to admit I thought Khan was overrated, over hyped and overpaid but he proved that he is the real deal by destroying Earl in less then a round to me last night. I will now get behind him 100% and I canít see him not being a World champ very soon. I always thought that Kevin Mitchell would knock Khan out but I think Khan has moved beyond what Mitchell can do now.
Droog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #2
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Changed my mind on Khan

I reckon he is overated and hyped up by the press but that doesnt make him crap, wateva the press says good or bad, hes still a very good future prospect and i expect great things from him. But he is treated like a world champion and hes no where near thats the only prob
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007
I reckon he is overated and hyped up by the press but that doesnt make him crap, wateva the press says good or bad, hes still a very good future prospect and i expect great things from him. But he is treated like a world champion and hes no where near thats the only prob
Exactly ignore the hype, watch the skills, and support, and enjoy the ride
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
SeanDoc
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

True
SeanDoc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i was shell shocked with what happend last night khan was just great, the only problem is his chin i still think when he fights a boxer who comes 2 fight is not past his best and can punch he will get ko
box-now is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

How can someone who knocked out Graham Earl in 1 round be over rated!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
w4s1m
Journeyman

i was at the fight, what a show by amir and boy did he shut the earl fans up. i looked backed to see the earl fans after the fight had finished and within 10 seconds they had all gone.

the same will happen to Thaxton who in my opinion is even worse that Earl
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
BLaZeD
"GoLDeN BoY"

ya i agree he is a great fresh boxer i think he has a great future but he will taste the canvas sooner or later...i mean he did get a bit of beating against wiley limond
BLaZeD is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaZeD
ya i agree he is a great fresh boxer i think he has a great future but he will taste the canvas sooner or later...i mean he did get a bit of beating against wiley limond
it was back of the head that limmond got him with, if anything going down was the best thing that could of happen to him

amir seems more calm and is picking his shots more and showed that he can sense the chance to finish it off and he has done in style.

Earl seems a very bitter man
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Not to take away from Khan's clinical punching, but Earl was hopeless. Let's see Khan against Kastidis next. A great fight!
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
Not to take away from Khan's clinical punching, but Earl was hopeless. Let's see Khan against Kastidis next. A great fight!
Slow down there bud, Khan would get murdered by Katsidis at the moment. He needs to step up to European level then fight some fringe contenders/gatekeepers and keep learning. I have a feeling everyone is going to go over the top again with Khan now, all this fight proved is Khan has a devastating punch and awesome speed, we already knew that.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Amir Khan is the biggest hype job that Britain has seen for many years. Khan fans need to realise that there is more to boxing than what you see on ITV.
Frank ****** would have you believe that Khan has improved greatly since getting in a mess against Limond, claiming that Scott Lawton was a step up. Yeah, right.
****** also claimed Earl was the No1 lightweight in Britain. Of course he was. Anybody who has followed British boxing over the last few years knows full well that the Graham Earl that "fought" Khan last night was in no fit state to fight anybody reasonable.
Frank ****** is very good at marketing a fighter in such a way that casual fans get sucked in. Who cares if Khan doesn't get tested as long as he puts on a show.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #13
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsLad
Slow down there bud, Khan would get murdered by Katsidis at the moment. He needs to step up to European level then fight some fringe contenders/gatekeepers and keep learning. I have a feeling everyone is going to go over the top again with Khan now, all this fight proved is Khan has a devastating punch and awesome speed, we already knew that.
I don't see anything to be gained from Khan fighting more Earl's or Limond's.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #14
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Mitchell wouldn't live with Khan now...... He has improved too much and moved in a different direction.. Thaxton would only be a (keeping sharp) fight for a major move.. The name i like is Edner Cherry in a first US appearence.. He has just done great on a large scale show (stopping Wes Ferguson) and a win over Edner in the states sets up a massive move... I don't see why in a year or so we could see Khan v Katsdisis..

I think he improves very well in short spaces of time..

He has some great potential to superceed Naseem Hamed in a few years..

The kid just turned 21.. Thats a great prospect for his years.
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #15
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
I don't see anything to be gained from Khan fighting more Earl's or Limond's.
Yeh well he better had, because if he fights Katsidis's and Diaz's he'll get a ripped a new one I said step upto European level, fight the Euro champ make a couple of defences, then go for Fringe world contenders. Limond is just a domestic fighter, Earl is a Euro/Fringe world but has seen better days.
LeedsLad is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum