Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Victor Ortizís Dilemma: Get outboxed or Force risky exchanges

Ortiz needs to force the fight. That's the only chance he has. He needs to make it a slugging match. Floyd has some problems with southpaws, and Victor can expose that a little with his size and youth, but he can't sit back and think or he's gonna get picked apart. He doesn't have the experience to beat Mayweather in a boxing match. He needs to do exactly what he did against Berto , keep up the pressure and don't get discouraged when he gets hit.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

The problem with forcing the fight is that if he does it haphazardly he will be KO'd
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
you have a lot of confidence on a 34-year-old fighter coming off two compromised wins in over three years that relies heavily on speed and reflexes.

this fight is not about victor ortiz but about what pbf has left against a live fighter, something that he did not have to encounter against jmm and smm.

victor ortiz is much, much liver than the aforementioned two.

Exactly 34 year old, 2 bs fights, almost KO'd by an old ass Mosely then a 16 month lay off, against one of the biggest, hardest punching fighter out now, who is now a mission against the world, with a mindset like that, and training like he does, you better be prepared and your little brittle hand better not brake, and your old legs better be able to withstand the power of Ortiz, if you think you can trade don't do it against Ortiz who has KD every single opponents he has faced.... Ortiz ain't no hatton, ain't no gatti dude can bang, has boxing skills, and has defense as well... lots of power in both hands, speed... be forewarned...

everyone is looking at mayweather and don't want to look at what Ortiz bring to the table, all his attributes that many people are talking about will make themselves apparent in the fight, if you do not want to acknowledge Ortiz's attributes that help in his favor to win the fight you are in for a rude awakening when your boy is about to Be KD in the fight and that invincible image is destroyed...

My money is on Ortiz for the TKO....

It's gonna be great for Boxing... then that bitch can finally fight often and please his fans instead of ducking and running in real life like he does in the boxing ring...
Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #19
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Truth is Ortiz will probably be Ko'd eventually. He has a shakey chin and not hard to hit, especially for someone like Mayweather.
However, Ortiz has speed, power and a ton of heart and aggressiveness. If floyd floors him he will get back up and keep fighting. He won't roll over in this fight as he didn't when floored by Berto. And if Mayweather has slowed a bit, Ortiz has a good chance to rock the shit outta Mayweather. He's a good, ferocious fighter in prime fighting a great, speed boxer, coming off his prime. Anything can really happen here. this will be a much much better fight than Mosley vs. Mayweather, that is guarenteed.
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Exactly 34 year old, 2 bs fights, almost KO'd by an old ass Mosely then a 16 month lay off, against one of the biggest, hardest punching fighter out now, who is now a mission against the world, with a mindset like that, and training like he does, you better be prepared and your little brittle hand better not brake, and your old legs better be able to withstand the power of Ortiz, if you think you can trade don't do it against Ortiz who has KD every single opponents he has faced.... Ortiz ain't no hatton, ain't no gatti dude can bang, has boxing skills, and has defense as well... lots of power in both hands, speed... be forewarned...

everyone is looking at mayweather and don't want to look at what Ortiz bring to the table, all his attributes that many people are talking about will make themselves apparent in the fight, if you do not want to acknowledge Ortiz's attributes that help in his favor to win the fight you are in for a rude awakening when your boy is about to Be KD in the fight and that invincible image is destroyed...

My money is on Ortiz for the TKO....

It's gonna be great for Boxing... then that bitch can finally fight often and please his fans instead of ducking and running in real life like he does in the boxing ring...
Did ortiz not get outboxed by a 140 Lamont Peterson?

Peterson was smaller than Floyd and Berto yet was able to last and outbox Ortiz, there is no reason to expect that Floyd can not out box Berto as well. Also Floyd isn't a fighter who relies on reflexes, but on fundamentals and technique, he isn't RJJ.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post

Watch the fight you fiend, and stop repeating what retards say on the boards to ruin Ortiz's performance who was robbed of a win , Peterson could not do nothing against Ortiz he had some good moments but in boxing who doesn't. It still doesn't change the fact that Ortiz landed the harder shots, was constantly making Peterson run, and Lamont was doing everything he could to make it out of the fight in one piece, he had heart I give him that....

Also Mosely is not a fast fighter that relied on speed, and that old ass was able to catch May, Ortiz is bigger and stronger and faster than Mosely, so there is no reason to not expect Ortiz to catch that ass and possibly take him out... add 34 years age, mentally drained with all the running and dealing with problems out of ring, 2 bs fight in JMM and mosely, old ass mosely almost KO'ing Mayweather, 16 month lay off, and things start evening out...

Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Peterson was smaller than Floyd and Berto yet was able to last and outbox Ortiz, there is no reason to expect that Floyd can not out box Berto as well. Also Floyd isn't a fighter who relies on reflexes, but on fundamentals and technique, he isn't RJJ.

roach suggested that ortiz move up because making weight was killing his performance. cotto did much, much better at 147 than 140 in regards to his chin after moving up. he was hurt and on queer street on numerous occasions and is unequivocally more successful at the higher weights.

ortiz is a work in progress and the berto fight was a huge win.

pbf relies on reflexes for defense and he is going to get hit in this fight. In his arms, shoulders, everywhere.

-700 is a very risky line here.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #23
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexb View Post
Truth is Ortiz will probably be Ko'd eventually. He has a shakey chin and not hard to hit, especially for someone like Mayweather.
However, Ortiz has speed, power and a ton of heart and aggressiveness. If floyd floors him he will get back up and keep fighting. He won't roll over in this fight as he didn't when floored by Berto. And if Mayweather has slowed a bit, Ortiz has a good chance to rock the shit outta Mayweather. He's a good, ferocious fighter in prime fighting a great, speed boxer, coming off his prime. Anything can really happen here. this will be a much much better fight than Mosley vs. Mayweather, that is guarenteed.
it is much better than pbf vs jmm as well.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Watch the fight you fiend, and stop repeating what retards say on the boards to ruin Ortiz's performance who was robbed of a win , Peterson could not do nothing against Ortiz he had some good moments but in boxing who doesn't. It still doesn't change the fact that Ortiz landed the harder shots, was constantly making Peterson run, and Lamont was doing everything he could to make it out of the fight in one piece, he had heart I give him that....

Also Mosely is not a fast fighter that relied on speed, and that old ass was able to catch May, Ortiz is bigger and stronger and faster than Mosely, so there is no reason to not expect Ortiz to catch that ass and possibly take him out... add 34 years age, mentally drained with all the running and dealing with problems out of ring, 2 bs fight in JMM and mosely, old ass mosely almost KO'ing Mayweather, 16 month lay off, and things start evening out...

I watched the fight, I scored it a draw, but I can say I had no problem with a win for Peterson since he effectively took Vic out the game and clearly outboxed him.

Mosley always relied on his speed and power, that and his iron chin, he was never a technician.

Mosley caught Floyd with 1 punch and Floyd had his legs in about 2 seconds and continued to dominate Mosley in that very round. I would say I think Mosley has faster and harder hands than Ortiz as well.

Ortiz is a nice young fighter, but he doesn't have the ring IQ to make adjustments on the fly, he does the same thing over and over. I can't see him getting through Floyd's jav and avoiding his right enough to win a decision, and I don't think his chin is strong enough to simply try to go balls to the wall against Floyd and successfully muscle and beat him in a brawl without taking major damage.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
roach suggested that ortiz move up because making weight was killing his performance. cotto did much, much better at 147 than 140 in regards to his chin after moving up. he was hurt and on queer street on numerous occasions and is unequivocally more successful at the higher weights.

ortiz is a work in progress and the berto fight was a huge win.

pbf relies on reflexes for defense and he is going to get hit in this fight. In his arms, shoulders, everywhere.

-700 is a very risky line here.
Yeah dude everyone was telling him to move up but he would force his body to 14o, the move finally helped him and now his second fight he should be fitting into the weight even more, the chin and everything should get great boost... I'm glad he finally came up, dude is huge.

My money is on Ortiz for the TKO win, the attributes he carries and mayweather circumstances is such a good time to be betting on the upset, it's time this ducking runner finally gets put out, and he starts respecting his fans.

Ortiz is a very live underdog, and if he wins it would not be a huge upset.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #26
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I watched the fight, I scored it a draw, but I can say I had no problem with a win for Peterson since he effectively took Vic out the game and clearly outboxed him.

Mosley always relied on his speed and power, that and his iron chin, he was never a technician.

Mosley caught Floyd with 1 punch and Floyd had his legs in about 2 seconds and continued to dominate Mosley in that very round. I would say I think Mosley has faster and harder hands than Ortiz as well.

Ortiz is a nice young fighter, but he doesn't have the ring IQ to make adjustments on the fly, he does the same thing over and over. I can't see him getting through Floyd's jav and avoiding his right enough to win a decision, and I don't think his chin is strong enough to simply try to go balls to the wall against Floyd and successfully muscle and beat him in a brawl without taking major damage.

I just hope you don't think may can bring his young self into this fight and try and brawl with Ortiz, it ain't gonna happen... dude is now 34 coming off a mentally draining retirement, with a lot of problems, he better hope ortiz doesn't catch him, and if your Opinion is on may i respect that, my opinion is the opposite, so I can respect yours.. and in bxoing many will argue, will just have to wait and see.. but my money is on Ortiz TKO... money is in for a very hard fight.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #27
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I just hope you don't think may can bring his young self into this fight and try and brawl with Ortiz, it ain't gonna happen... dude is now 34 coming off a mentally draining retirement, with a lot of problems, he better hope ortiz doesn't catch him, and if your Opinion is on may i respect that, my opinion is the opposite, so I can respect yours.. and in bxoing many will argue, will just have to wait and see.. but my money is on Ortiz TKO... money is in for a very hard fight.
May never brawled once he moved up to 147 and it isn't happening here, so you talk about youngself is misguided at best, because he was never a brawler.

Retirment is anything but mentally draining, most retirees are mentally fresher.

Ortiz may catch him, but Floyd will recover and adjust/adapt, what will Ortiz do if he hasn't banked a lead once Floyd figures him out?

I don't think it is going to end in a TKO or KO, I have Floyd by MD. Like you said though, we will see.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #28
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
May never brawled once he moved up to 147 and it isn't happening here, so you talk about youngself is misguided at best, because he was never a brawler.

Retirment is anything but mentally draining, most retirees are mentally fresher.

Ortiz may catch him, but Floyd will recover and adjust/adapt, what will Ortiz do if he hasn't banked a lead once Floyd figures him out?

I don't think it is going to end in a TKO or KO, I have Floyd by MD. Like you said though, we will see.
May said he was gonna go toe to toe, and when may was young he did just that, he was a boxer puncher not just a defensive minded boxer like now content in cruising to a win...

Brawl was a bad a word...
Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #29
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
May said he was gonna go toe to toe, and when may was young he did just that, he was a boxer puncher not just a defensive minded boxer like now content in cruising to a win...

Brawl was a bad a word...
He said he was going to go toe to toe with Oscar, Mosley, JMM, and Zab too. He didn't because he knows he can't win that way, that isn't to say he can bring pressure though.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #30
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He said he was going to go toe to toe with Oscar, Mosley, JMM, and Zab too. He didn't because he knows he can't win that way, that isn't to say he can bring pressure though.
pbf is one of the most intelligent fighters of all time.

i have a small play on ortiz at +500. there is no way i would lay -700. that is the same line of jmm/paq. thats how bad this line is.

i had a 13 unit play on pbf/jmm and a 2 unit play over on pbf/ssm.

due to pbf's age and lack of legitimate activity, i see ortiz at no worse than a +275.
Quincy K is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum