Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465
Default Adamek - Klitschko // Wrocław . 10 . September

Alright guys, I know this has been done before, but not in here I don't think.

The general is filled with trolls and idiots spouting the same garbage so I figured I would do this here.

The fight is now days away.

How do you guys see it panning out?

Is anybody here giving Adamek a chance, or even favoring him on fight night?

I personally am not confident in an Adamek victory. I do think it is possible, and I do think Vitali is the better choice of the two brothers for Team Adamek, as I think he is more beatable then Wladimir.

Only reasons I say this is because Vitali is getting older... he has not been very active, and has not fought a live body in some time. His fight with Solis doesn't even count for obvious reasons... that was just a big training camp for Vitali. Vitali is a tough cookie, and Adamek will have to be on his guard all night. He will need to be pushing the action, he will need to be the one with the better stamina, and use his speed, lateral movement, combination punching and volume all night. I think the chances of Adamek knocking out or even hurting Vitali are almost nil. His only chance is to simply out box him, and for that he will need a huge amount of energy.

I do think Adamek has a decent chance, although I am not confident in his victory. Vitalis growing age, poor opposition of late, issues outside the ring during camp that may have had in influence on his preperation are all things playing in Adameks favor. Also Vitali likes to fight awkward and leaves himself open a lot, and is pretty hittable, although Adamek lacks reach in comparison and isn't a huge puncher. But this will enable him to score points and at least keep Vitali honest. I believe he will give Vitali a much better fight then his opposition of late. Can't say too much more, though. Against both Klitschkos my personal opinion is that I think Adamek is just too small for them. I don't think he could be Wlad, but Vitali he has a decent shot due to reasons mentioned above.
turbina is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
trainer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1326
Default Re: Adamek - Klitschko // Wrocław . 10 . September

Judging by Adamek's recent poor performances ( getting put on queer street by Grant ) I think that this will end in a KO for Vitali.
trainer is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Dio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 429

I I'm 100% sure, if Adamek fights Vitali like he fought Arreola and Golota we will have a new Champion on September the 10th.
Dio is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
awesome1612
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
I I'm 100% sure, if Adamek fights Vitali like he fought Arreola and Golota we will have a new Champion on September the 10th.
Vitali stopped Arreola, Adamek barely won a decision
awesome1612 is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
gregor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I'm Polish, and I still agree with Golota that Adamek would need something like voo-doo to win. Adamek impressed me against Arreola (not so much against Grant or McBride), but this time it is not about outboxing fat boxer who is otherwise almost your size.

How could he win? Outboxing someone who hasn't lost a round in years? Knocking out an opponent with awkward defence when he couldn't finish McBride or Grant?
gregor is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 2024

I guess Tomasz will be able to box with Vitali for a few rounds until the older Klit puts on the pressure and stops him in about 7 rounds.

Problem isn't so much Adamek's boxing ability, or beďng much smaller as Vit, it's because he just can't hurt him.
And Klitschko can most certainly hurt him, so I guess he will just walk him down.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Dio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
Vitali stopped Arreola, Adamek barely won a decision
Barley? Watch the fight again, and turn down the sound and score it.

Arreola got beat badly.
Dio is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
I guess Tomasz will be able to box with Vitali for a few rounds until the older Klit puts on the pressure and stops him in about 7 rounds.

Problem isn't so much Adamek's boxing ability, or beďng much smaller as Vit, it's because he just can't hurt him.
And Klitschko can most certainly hurt him, so I guess he will just walk him down.
It took Vitali 10 rounds to put away Sosnowski, how do you figure he will dispatch Adamek in 7? Adamek is better then Sosnowski... or any of Vitalis latest opponents in almost every department.

I have no problem at all with people picking Vitali to win. But people are very much under rating Adamek, while at the same time perhaps over rating Vitali. Vitali himself is even taking this fight more seriously then his others.. which should tell you something.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

My heart says Adamek. And so does my head if he fights a perfect fight and can handle vitali's punches. He can't get caught with a punch and look hurt, otherwise its over. I just hope he outworks Vitali and puts on a great performance!
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #10
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Vitali wins this fight easily.
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
It took Vitali 10 rounds to put away Sosnowski, how do you figure he will dispatch Adamek in 7? Adamek is better then Sosnowski... or any of Vitalis latest opponents in almost every department.

I have no problem at all with people picking Vitali to win. But people are very much under rating Adamek, while at the same time perhaps over rating Vitali. Vitali himself is even taking this fight more seriously then his others.. which should tell you something.
There's also the punch and pressure resistance part, plus the style mixup.
Adamek vs Sosnovski will probably end a wide UD12 for Tomasz, but that's not the point.
I'm quite sure Johnson, Hide, Peter, Solis and Norris would maul Sosnovski also, but none of them lasted as long as Sos either.

The 1+1=2 doesn't always apply in boxing.
Ali vs Frazier 1 = LUD15
Ali vs Norton 1 = LSD12
Ali vs Norton 2 = WSD12
Foreman vs Frazier 1 = WTKO2
Foreman vs Norton = WTKO2
Foreman vs Ali = LKO8
Robney is online now  Top
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

True. But if you look at the fights these guys fought, they seemed to lack any strategy. They seemed to be there swinging, but really didn't have a plan put together. ASSUMING, Adamek does what he usually does, then he will be moving, punching, moving again, having Vitali chase him all over the ring. Adamek has a good chin as well. He won't stand in front of Vitali like the others (i hope) and take punishment. Also, for a lot of these guys, this fight was lost before even getting in the ring. Vitali may as well win, but I just don't see this fight ending in a KO or TKO even for Vitali. Adamek is very durable, has good chin, a huge heart, he is quick, pretty evasive, and moves a lot. Things which Vitalis last few opponents didnt all have in combination.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

How about this :

How does Adamek beat Klitschko then?
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

polish glass always shatters.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #15
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
polish glass always shatters.
Like a broken record, dejected Haye fans have gone ape shit.
lzolnier is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum