Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default That ref

The point deduction was a joke and meant Hatton had to go after Mayweather a bit more in the hope of making it up. Didnt decide the fight obvioulsy but didnt help Hatton's gameplan. Feel sorry for Hatton, but he was caught cold, and couldnt recover.
Sundance is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: That ref

Hatton made a tatical mistake, he admitted that post fight. Cortez done him no favours, but like he said, if he was in Mayweather's boots, he would of taken advantage of that, like he has in the past.

Hatton has admitted he has nothing to complain about, and showed the class of a World Champion in losing to the very best boxing has at the moment.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
Hatton made a tatical mistake, he admitted that post fight. Cortez done him no favours, but like he said, if he was in Mayweather's boots, he would of taken advantage of that, like he has in the past.

Hatton has admitted he has nothing to complain about, and showed the class of a World Champion in losing to the very best boxing has at the moment.
true...there was nothing blatant enough to count as an excuse for losing. mayweather was simply too good.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

get real man...finally Hatton was called for his dirty tactics and fouls in a fight. It's about time.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I thought the ref was a disgrace really. Seemed no matter what happend in clinches etc, it was all hattons fault, when really Floyd was just as dirty or 'cute' if you like. Not that I believe that it would have changed the outcome, as Mayweather was sublime at times, but I think Hatton knew pretty early on it was going to take a miracle to win with Cortez acting as he was.

As said, don't think it really changed the outcome as Mayweather grew in stature as the fight wore on, but had Cortez actually let them work things out a bit more on the inside, it would have boosted any chance Hatton had.
AAA is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA
I thought the ref was a disgrace really. Seemed no matter what happend in clinches etc, it was all hattons fault, when really Floyd was just as dirty or 'cute' if you like. Not that I believe that it would have changed the outcome, as Mayweather was sublime at times, but I think Hatton knew pretty early on it was going to take a miracle to win with Cortez acting as he was.

As said, don't think it really changed the outcome as Mayweather grew in stature as the fight wore on, but had Cortez actually let them work things out a bit more on the inside, it would have boosted any chance Hatton had.
i totally agree.......everythin seemed to be "ricky dont do this, ricky dont do that" when all the time floyds forearms and elbows were gettin flashed around, and when ricky got cut i thought floyd was targetting that area with the elbow when they were inside........mayweather seemed to duck down an awful lot and when hatton moved in mayweather would stand up and cortez was straight in to split it up because it looked like hatton was holding.

another thing i noticed was the noise during the american national anthem!!!!.........the referee might not have liked that sort of disrespect..............could be a little lesson on away days for world titles etc.......respect the country your visiting because you might not know when you could need their backing
maka is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maka
i totally agree.......everythin seemed to be "ricky dont do this, ricky dont do that" when all the time floyds forearms and elbows were gettin flashed around, and when ricky got cut i thought floyd was targetting that area with the elbow when they were inside........mayweather seemed to duck down an awful lot and when hatton moved in mayweather would stand up and cortez was straight in to split it up because it looked like hatton was holding.

another thing i noticed was the noise during the american national anthem!!!!.........the referee might not have liked that sort of disrespect..............could be a little lesson on away days for world titles etc.......respect the country your visiting because you might not know when you could need their backing
Absolutely...it is the lowest of the low to disrespect a national anthem (nevermind the event hosts!). Probably didn't have an impact on things, but the only blip from the travelling fans. A shame really.

But yes, just generally shocking refereeing. For Cortez to see every little thing that Hatton did, but completely miss a host of fouls by Mayweather strikes me as odd, or bias really. Even worse, was the fact he could be heard on many occasions telling Floyd to watch his forearms/elbows, but not once made it seem like he was going to pull him up on it...complete polar opposite for anything that Ricky did.
AAA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum