Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #31
PBC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I've Got To Say It....Deontay Wilder Has a Glass Jaw!!!

No, Im saying say whatever you want but keep a level of respect for that fighter, so that whatever criticism you have could be said to him personally. Dont go running your mouth about a professsional athlete who puts his life on the line when he fights, and has accomplished more than you could imagine.
PBC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #32
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC View Post
I want to see the knockouts and don't want refs to ruin a good fight. I just have a problem with keyboard warriors.
Keyboard warriors are dumbasses like David Fanning who challenge anyone who disagrees with their opinion to a fight that we all know will never happen. The Chincheckers are not keyboard warriors and you'll find very examples of any of us engaging in that sort of behavior. We simply point out the flaws of your heroes and you can't ****ing stand it.

Boxing fans used to be a cynical and realistic sort who didn't engage in fanboyism, wanted to see blood and KOs, and were quick to call a bum a bum and a Glass Jaw a Glass Jaw. Now you have pussified modern fans such as yourself who can't stand to see any sort of negative opinion voiced about their idols, even when the truth is glaringly obvious.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #33
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
No, Im saying say whatever you want but keep a level of respect for that fighter, so that whatever criticism you have could be said to him personally. Dont go running your mouth about a professsional athlete who puts his life on the line when he fights, and has accomplished more than you could imagine.
When did I ever say that any of these guys were child molesters or beat on their wives or something? Shit you've got people around here who say all sorts of shit like that. All I'm saying is that some of these guys don't take a good punch. That's hardly "personal."
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #34
PBC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Whatever, im just talking about respecting boxers, your missing the point. Clearly Im not the only one who doesnt like it because during a poll asking if zakman should be banned there were over 200 votes, and the majority wanting you gone. Says something.
PBC is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Whatever, im just talking about respecting boxers, your missing the point. Clearly Im not the only one who doesnt like it because during a poll asking if zakman should be banned there were over 200 votes, and the majority wanting you gone. Says something.
All that shows is that Metal Mandible is right, there are a lot of uncritical fanboys on this site who can't stand it when somebody stands their ground and points out that some fighters have questionable chins. People act like it's a sin to talk about this.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #36
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Why should I respect anyone I don't know? Because he puts his life on the line? Should I respect a Taliban guerrilla, as well? He puts his life on the line and is trying to accomplish something.

Really, shut the **** up. Many of these guys are lowlifes and degenerates whose only good quality is an enhanced ability to beat people up and that's hardly an ironclad reason to respect someone. Boxing is full of good and bad, Iron Chinned Warriors, Glass Jawed Frauds, Feather Fisters, bums, tomato cans, etc. I'm not a fanboy, I don't watch because I want a particular fighter to succeed so I can live vicariously through him, I watch because I like the poetic violence of the sweet science and I call the shots like I see them, the good and the bad.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #37
PBC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Have you ever boxed before?
PBC is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #38
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Have you ever boxed before?
have most boxing experts? i dont like this arguement
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #39
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Boxing? No. I did, however, do Muay Thai for six years and fought in a couple of smokers. I fail to see how that's at all relevant to the question at hand, though.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #40
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
have most boxing experts? i dont like this arguement
It is one of the more ridiculous arguments made by boxing fans, totally spurious. By this line of thinking, no one has a right to comment on anything unless they are a participant in it. It's ludicrous.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #41
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Glass Jaws exist in boxing.......Its irrefutable.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #42
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
Glass Jaws exist in boxing.......Its irrefutable.
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #43
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Folks, Wilder's Management Team knows what they are dealing with. They KNOW he has a Glass Jaw. They are going to milk his Olympic Bronze Medal and the fact that he is American for all it is worth. He isn't going to be put in there with anyone that has a pulse until they can cash him out for a huge payday.

So, please stop with all the posts about him being a young green fighter etc. The guy has an abysmal Chin.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #44
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Folks, Wilder's Management Team knows what they are dealing with. They KNOW he has a Glass Jaw. They are going to milk his Olympic Bronze Medal and the fact that he is American for all it is worth. He isn't going to be put in there with anyone that has a pulse until they can cash him out for a huge payday.

So, please stop with all the posts about him being a young green fighter etc. The guy has an abysmal Chin.
What kills me man is that we already have clear evidence of his shaky whiskers as well as his management's actions! When a low level journeyman with a 25 percent KO rate nearly has you out of there, you have a glass jaw - period, end of paragraph.

It's irrefutable!!!!!!!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #45
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
What kills me man is that we already have clear evidence of his shaky whiskers as well as his management's actions! When a low level journeyman with a 25 percent KO rate nearly has you out of there, you have a glass jaw - period, end of paragraph.

It's irrefutable!!!!!!!
I have said this before people used to claim back in the day how over-protected and undeserving Gerry Cooney was on his way to a Title Shot. What they are doing with Wilder makes that look like child's play. Cooney is Jack Dempsey in comparison to the level of fighter Wilder is.

Wilder through Golden Boy and presumably HBO is going to be one of the biggest Glass Jawed hype jobs we have seen in Decades. I know you already know this Zak but we have a contingent of people on here that I am not sure what color the sky is in their World.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum