Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #106
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: I've Got To Say It....Deontay Wilder Has a Glass Jaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Yeah, Wilder is a KO waiting to happen, NO question!!
So he was knocked down once and it equates to having a glass jaw?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #107
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Get it straight, glass jaw denier. He said not much amateur experience - not none.

And if you are trying to imply that Wilder has a Mercer-like chin, well we will see who's right about that.

Mercer never tasted canvas against the Harold Sconiers of the world. Heck, he didn't taste canvas until he fought Evander ****ing Holyfield!!!
How did the Sconiers fight end?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #108
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Don't be an idiot.

Angelo Dundee ADMITTED that he had to cheat with the glove to survive the Cooper fight. As Ali matured and put on weight, he was taking punches off Formen and Lyle.

And there are plenty of instances of him getting tagged with hooks.
You are confused.

Henry Cooper could hit like hell with his left hook. It was a devastating shot. That Ali was floored and badly hurt by this punch does not mean that Ali lacked durability at the time. In truth, Cooper would have destroyed anyone that he hit cleanly with that hook. Generally, world class fighters are too sophisticated to get hit with a shot that cleanly, but Ali, on this night at least, was a little unfocused and got tagged.

Just for the record, Foreman and Lyle never hit Ali with their best punches. If they had, Ali would have taken the full 10 count. Anyone would have.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #109
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Sconiers may punch harder than you realize. Sometimes mediocre fighters -- guys with low KO ratios and poor won/lost ratios -- have power. It's just that they are so mediocre in other ways, such as speed, athleticism, etc., that they rarely hit someone cleanly, and thus don't have big KO records.

But even if my hypothesis is true, it is discouraging that Wilder was even hit by a fighter of Sconier's calibre. So overall, I would have to agree with you that the handwriting may be on the wall for Wilder.

Let's see how Wilder does against the first tough clubfighters (i.e., solid "B" level fighters) he faces. If he dominates and KO's them, that's good. But if he has to struggle to win, or if he wins in very unimpressive fashion, that's a bad sign. Of course, if Wilder loses to these guys, that's it for him.
Yeah, it's possible Sconiers is not completely featherfisted. But as you say, even if he isn't, this still isn't a good sign that Wilder is getting put on queer street by such a limited opponent.

And what lead me to believe that it shows something more than just an early-career "fluke" is that his handlers have been SO careful to not match him with ANYONE who remotely posed a threat since. They know something's up with that chin.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #110
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Yeah, it's possible Sconiers is not completely featherfisted. But as you say, even if he isn't, this still isn't a good sign that Wilder is getting put on queer street by such a limited opponent.

And what lead me to believe that it shows something more than just an early-career "fluke" is that his handlers have been SO careful to not match him with ANYONE who remotely posed a threat since. They know something's up with that chin.
It is rather suspicious that Wilder is still feasting on "D" level opponents three years after his debut. The biggest names on his record are Damon Reed and Dominique Alexander, and even those guys are no more than cannon fodder for top-20 rated heavies.

I was impressed, at first, with Wilder's KO1 over yesterday's opponent. That's because I thought he had fought Julius Long, the clubfighter who has gone the distance with Solis, Banks, Johnson, Austin, and others. I figured a KO over Long is a healthy, appropriate upward step for Wilder at this point, and a win that sets him up to take on solid "B" level opposition next.

But I just realized that he fought the unknown David Long, not Julius. I am disappointed.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #111
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
It is rather suspicious that Wilder is still feasting on "D" level opponents three years after his debut. The biggest names on his record are Damon Reed and Dominique Alexander, and even those guys are no more than cannon fodder for top-20 rated heavies.

I was impressed, at first, with Wilder's KO1 over yesterday's opponent. That's because I thought he had fought Julius Long, the clubfighter who has gone the distance with Solis, Banks, Johnson, Austin, and others. I figured a KO over Long is a healthy, appropriate upward step for Wilder at this point, and a win that sets him up to take on solid "B" level opposition next.

But I just realized that he fought the unknown David Long, not Julius. I am disappointed.
Wilder is feasting on this level of opponent for one reason, and one reason only. He's packing china in that chin, and his handlers KNOW it.

Look for him to fight stiffs for as long as possible, and then his management will cash out and he will get knocked cold.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #112
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Wilder bowls over another bum.....you just KNOW he's hiding some china in that mandible.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #113
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Wilder is most definitely harboring a glass jaw. As soon as he fights somebody decent he'll get starched.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #114
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Just to remind everyone who seems to think that this JOKE is going anywhere. First live body he faces, he's taking up residence on Queer Street!!!!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #115
TheNeonSalmon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Deontay was dropped once a long time ago. All of these heavyweights can hit. Deontay came off the floor and KO'd Sconiers right? Wilder himself said he used to fight "more reckless." Getting floored by Sconiers was a young man's mistake. You guys are too quick to scream "glass jaw."
TheNeonSalmon is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #116
TheGOAT
The Champ is Here !
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Great study Zakman. I retired from chin checking because Zakman is all that is needed. I will continue to watch Wilder and see if he folds as said. I believe it to be very true - for we would not have known Bute had a glass chin prior to the prediction of LLC Chincheck
TheGOAT is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #117
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Just to remind everyone who seems to think that this JOKE is going anywhere. First live body he faces, he's taking up residence on Queer Street!!!!
u have a glass life
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #118
heerko koois
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Clay got dropped by Banks and Cooper...those things happen , don,t think he,s got a glass jaw .
heerko koois is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #119
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by heerko koois View Post
Clay got dropped by Banks and Cooper...those things happen , don,t think he,s got a glass jaw .

Cooper was no Harold Sconiers you mug.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #120
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

People on this thread seem to eager to scream glass jaw on Deontay, it's becoming pathetic.
Leftsmash is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum