Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #16
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Louis vs. Young. 15 Rds.

If you honestly think Jimmy "The Gentle Journeyman" Young beats Joe muppetfocking Louis, you either need to stop watching boxing or watch an awful lot more of it. A common sense replacement surgery might help as well.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #17
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Boxed Ears, right on schedule.

But you know, it is hard to picture the guy with 19 losses beating the Brown Bomber. I think Young might upset him some godforsaken night, but Louis would avenge it in spectacular fashion more than once.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #18
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Hmmmmm..... I love Joe Louis, but he could be out-boxed....

Jimmy Young was boring to me, but slick as whale shit on top of an iceberg....

I've got balls as big as church bells, so I'll be bold and say the '76 version of Young at a trained 209 pounds upsets the 199 pound Joe Louis of 1941 in a 15 rounder via split decision that immediately calls for a rematch by the New York state athletic commission.....

SR.BILL
I thought this mythical fight was taking place in Atlantic City.
Saintpat is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #19
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
If you honestly think Jimmy "The Gentle Journeyman" Young beats Joe muppetfocking Louis, you either need to stop watching boxing or watch an awful lot more of it. A common sense replacement surgery might help as well.
If you read my post previous to yours, i tried to put it in a nicer way, but its the same sentiment
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #20
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
If you read my post previous to yours, i tried to put it in a nicer way, but its the same sentiment
I used to be nice about it too. But, eventually it's time to administer some tough love, Johnny. Spare the rod, spoil the poster, ya dig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Voltage View Post
Boxed Ears, right on schedule.

But you know, it is hard to picture the guy with 19 losses beating the Brown Bomber. I think Young might upset him some godforsaken night, but Louis would avenge it in spectacular fashion more than once.
I saw the Boxed signal up in the sky and came flying in.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #21
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

so roy jones has NO chance against archie moore....but jimmy young is FAVOURED against Joe Louis. Gotta love the classic!
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #22
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
so roy jones has NO chance against archie moore....but jimmy young is FAVOURED against Joe Louis. Gotta love the classic!
Apples and oranges...
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #23
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Even if Young did last the distance (never a given), I somewhat doubt that he would outpoit Louis.

He was slick, but he was not Jersey Joe Walcott. I think that a prime Louis would certainly do enough to get the judges nod.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #24
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

With all respect to the man few fighters here are more over rated than Jimmy Young .... he decisions plodding Ron Lyle and a dehydrated Foreman (who had not learned how to pace himself ) and some here pick him over Joe Louis who on an off night knocked out a faster Billy Conn and past his best beat a much better than Young Joe Walcott ... forgotten is how Young was KO'ed by Shavers, almost KO'ed by Foreman, decisioned by a mid-thirties Norton and out punched twice, while still in his own prime by world beater Ossie Occasio. ...

That being said Young was a Chris Byrd like cutie and could make anyone look bad ... I like Louis by clear decision over a safety first Young but a KO win is not out of the question ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #25
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by he grant View Post
With all respect to the man few fighters here are more over rated than Jimmy Young .... he decisions plodding Ron Lyle and a dehydrated Foreman (who had not learned how to pace himself ) and some here pick him over Joe Louis who on an off night knocked out a faster Billy Conn and past his best beat a much better than Young Joe Walcott ... forgotten is how Young was KO'ed by Shavers, almost KO'ed by Foreman, decisioned by a mid-thirties Norton and out punched twice, while still in his own prime by world beater Ossie Occasio. ...

That being said Young was a Chris Byrd like cutie and could make anyone look bad ... I like Louis by clear decision over a safety first Young but a KO win is not out of the question ...
Chris Byrd was an inferior version of Jimmy Young...let's get that straight..no matter how you think Young would fare with Louis.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #26
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Louis gets made to look a little bad in spots like with Farr but still wins a decision. And unlike Foreman if he hurts Jimmy the guy's not getting away...
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #27
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I'm pretty sure the Louis of Conn 1 and Walcott 1 gets outboxed to a clear decision for Young, with a great gameplan he can break Young down for a late KO after being outboxed
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #28
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Apples and oranges...
this is true. and fair and as i harped in that thread, styles make fights. you also raise another good point that chris byrd was a lesser version of young. while i agree i don't think byrd was able to fight more aggressively, more consistently if he HAD to in order to get a decision. i wonder if young would simply go into negative style after the first few rounds, potentially throwing away a decision
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #29
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Conn and Walcott are both >>>>> Young.
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #30
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Chris Byrd was an inferior version of Jimmy Young...let's get that straight..no matter how you think Young would fare with Louis.
Quote:
this is true. and fair and as i harped in that thread, styles make fights. you also raise another good point that chris byrd was a lesser version of young. while i agree i don't think byrd was able to fight more aggressively, more consistently if he HAD to in order to get a decision. i wonder if young would simply go into negative style after the first few rounds, potentially throwing away a decision
Yeah, I know. Byrd threw all those-ugh-punches. It's so disgusting to watch amateurish tendencies like throwing-ew-punches. That's NOT how you box! You box by throwing the least possible punches you can. That's why Jimmy was robbed at least 19 times. Judges don't know shit about boxing. Boxing is like golf. It's the lowest score you want. That's art.

Quote:
Why wonder? He didn't open up on Ali's corpse. He would certainly open up like a coked up hell-beast with rabies on one of the greatest offensive forces that ever lived. It'd almost be stupid for him not to.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum