Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton vs Witter

Witter Vs Hatton is the only match that makes sense now..... I hope Ricky realises this. I don't fancy watching him getting pounded by De La Hoya or Cotto... I just think these guys are too much for Ricky at this stage. I'd love the Hatton-Witter match to happen and for the first time I think Hatton is in a position to gain from a Witter victory. I will boycot any match with Maliggiani.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #17
kungfu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Worst fight out there for him imo, id fancy him beating de la hoya over witter, as much as i love the boy he is Ko fodder for the likes of witter who has amazing power and just the sort of shots that ricky will walk onto. Also witter has a solid chin and i dont think hatton has the power to hurt him.

Whatever happens , ricky now needs an impressive win over someone elite imo, as he is strting to look a little over rated, mayweather proved that beyond his bullying inside game (which he completely nullified) that theres not much else there, a good boxer can figure hatton out and line up some shots based on watching some tapes i realised lately, after watching some old fights he is very predictable from fight to fight, i think thats why mayweather made his "check hook" look so easy, he completely knew hatton was about to lunge in with a left hook.
kungfu is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Hatton does have the power to hurt witter he had the power to hit mayweather, but mayweather his different class to witter defensively. Hope it does happen because then we will see who his the best at 140 and i hope hatton knocks the yorkshire **** out.
john b is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #19
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

While its all guess work, how about Paulie M at MSG in April and Witter open air in the UK in September?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #20
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
While its all guess work, how about Paulie M at MSG in April and Witter open air in the UK in September?
That sounds great, but maybe wait for witter and paulie fight first and then they could have a fight for all the marbles such as Ring Belt, WBC, IBF and IBO belts.
john b is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #21
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

If it's Malignaggi then surely it'll be at Madison Square Garden, both sides would want that.

did you see that one bookmeker is offering odds on an eventual Hatton-DLH match....and made it 50/50.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 AM   #22
kungfu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

yeah i would also rate hatton -dlh as a 50/50 fight, hatton is a quality s****per but only against straight up boxers, id stick him in with anyone in the division and expect a war, cos he is very effective, BUT he is an absolute dream for the slick counter puncher, and whilst witter maybe not in the same league defensively as floyd as someone pointed out... id rate witter as being one of the best counter punchers out there, and i think he would have hattons lunging left hook sussed already. Id say haton is WIDE open to witters stealth uppercuts. Would rather see malinaggi , much better fight for him imo.
kungfu is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Why would you want to see Hatton against boring Maligianni then Witter who you have said would have a good chance against him? Are you a manager or a fight fan?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #24
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC

Welcome back GazOC!

Hope you enjoyed your Vegas experience despite Hatton losing.
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #25
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
Hatton does have the power to hurt witter he had the power to hit mayweather, but mayweather his different class to witter defensively. Hope it does happen because then we will see who his the best at 140 and i hope hatton knocks the yorkshire **** out.
could not agree with you more mate
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #26
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'd love to see Witter v Malignaggi sometime soon. Reckon it'd be a very intriguing matchup
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #27
kungfu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Why would you want to see Hatton against boring Maligianni then Witter who you have said would have a good chance against him? Are you a manager or a fight fan?
Because i like hatton and dont want to see him lifted off his feet by a witter uppercut haha, im talking whats best for hatton career wise, witter will ko him, he will beat malinaggi and maybe dlh. Imo the witter fight wont be entertaining as it will be a counter punch clinic by witter.
kungfu is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #28
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smazz20
I'd love to see Witter v Malignaggi sometime soon. Reckon it'd be a very intriguing matchup
intriguing, but i think theyll cancel each other out. Slicksters tend to do that, look at Witter - Zab and Witter - Corley...
jc is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #29
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smazz20
Malgianni is so ****ing boring. Why would you want to see two counter punchers match up- my only hope would be that Witter Ko's him.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #30
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Arum won't put Malignaggi anywhere near Witter.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum