Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Whats with all the Newbies?...

Hi Newbies,

Where have you all come from? One second we're having intelligent debate about letters of complaint to major companies next we're talking about Khan Vs Hatton, Khan Vs Katsadis.... the never going to happen David Haye Vs Enzo Macaroni match.... And then discussing how Witter Vs Hatton is a less attractive proposition then Hatton- Maligianni??

Regards

Jeffro
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Default Re: Whats with all the Newbies?...

Have to admit the balance on the brit forum has gone a bit recently - probably a combination of a lot of newbies and some of the regular posters still over in Vegas.
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Its a bi-product of the British boxing renaissance
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dempsey nailed it !
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Why complain about it ?? .... Surely it will make for more interesting discussion. And just because somebody is a newbie to Eastside doesnt mean they dont have vast boxing knowledge. Im all for the newbies !!!
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

I think there's a bunch of "hardcore" boxing fans that have recently hit the internet. They are giddy with excitement with the likes of Amir Khan. Watching boxing on ITV furnishes them with all the wisdom they need.
The main forum is no different, with threads such as "Kessler ready for Lacy" etc, etc. At least it means more people are taking an interest in boxing.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

The problem with some I think is theyve never been interested in boxing before, watched the Hatton fight and Joe winning the beeb award, then have went and typed in 'boxing' in google. Low and behold the result is eastside comes up.

I have know problem with them, we've all been there once, but you can tell already there are a lot shouting their mouth off without no knowledge of boxing at all, giving the knowledgable noobs a bad name.

(rant over)
Smith is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
.. went and typed in 'boxing' in google. Low and behold the result is eastside comes up.

(rant over)
Certainly how I found ESB.

My favourites are the ones with usernames that you could imagine carved into a school desk with a compass, "scott is cool" being the best example. Not that my username's the most imaginitive or clever.

I have had more people talk to me about boxing in the last few months than in the last 10 years combined though so I'm pretty pleased with the situation. Last week a mate thanked me for getting him into David Haye "at just the right time" (about 18 months ago) so was pretty chuffed about that.
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

I hope the Newbies that choose to post in this forum are not as ignorant and re****ed as some that I've come across in the General forum and Lounge since the Hatton fight
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Some newbies do get a raw deal just for being new - irrespective of the quality of their posts.

I only post on the brit forum and try to make them feel welcome here.

What interests me is the number of newbies that actually stick around on ESB - wonder what the percentage is.

Last edited by Orishaman; 11-05-2006 at 03:12 PM.
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #11
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Hi Newbies,

Where have you all come from? One second we're having intelligent debate about letters of complaint to major companies next we're talking about Khan Vs Hatton, Khan Vs Katsadis.... the never going to happen David Haye Vs Enzo Macaroni match.... And then discussing how Witter Vs Hatton is a less attractive proposition then Hatton- Maligianni??

Regards

Jeffro
Who cares?

It shows Boxing is under a renaissance and anyway, when noobies put in dumbass threads like ''Khan vs Mayweather'', they get a baptism of fire by all the ****ed off old warhorses here. The ones with braincells learn quickly. (exclude morons like boxing-'calzaghe is a bum'-boy)

And just because someone is a ''noobie'' it does not mean thay dont know bout boxing. A lot of them do know a lot.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

I aint got a problem with newbies as long as there down.What i have a problem with are these newbs who are 13-18 years immature as **** and waste valuable database space creating stupid threads.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #13
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the only thiong that ****ed me off (...bttw am i allowed to complain.....when are you officially no longer a newbie) was the calzaghe being a technically inferior boxer to hatton

apart from that more newbies thte better...the good thing about this place is you get a good education yourself.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Hi Newbies,

Regards

Jeffro
hang on jeff you only joined last year yourself - not exactly a long time member are you!!!
steelem is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Funny how people have taken it that I was complaining and got all defensive...... I'm not a newbie steel em i've got nearly 2000 posts.
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum