boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Sean Juan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
JMM was a fat LW forced by Floyd to move up 2 divisions and even then Floyd cheated on the scales. This is a BS win. Still.
But it will be incredible when Pac knocks him out at the same weight right?

Marquez is one of this times best fighters, without a doubt and Floyd made him look foolish, totally shut him out.

Other fighters have come up in weight and done fine, MArquez just fought someone better than he is, something that hasn't happened to him before.
Sean Juan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #17
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

For a comeback fight, I guess it's ok.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
JMM was fat, and slow as ****...there wasnt much he could do. Not saying JMM would ever beat Floyd or anything, but at his best weight, Juan would of given him a better fight.
How does a couple of pounds equate to being slow all of a sudden??? What would he have done better if he was lighter????

Pacquiao seems to put on pounds and gets faster!!!! Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Why is Pacquaio fighting Marquez 4 years later and 2 years after Floyd beat him at this blown up weight???? Complete Bull**** fight in my eyes.

The ww champ picking on the Lw champ is a disgrace to boxing in 2011!
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
I can't exactly explain why but for some reason I tend to rate Mayweather's win over Juan Marquez higher,maybe it has to do with me watching both of Marquez's fights with Pacquiao last week......Not that I ever completely disregarded Floyd's win but I was one of those people who knocked him for not getting the knockout win but in reality that would have not made Floyd looked good in terms of credibility cause it would have been seen as a "big man" bullying a "little man".

Floyd outclassing Marquez with sheer and superior boxing skills was the right thing to do in hindsight cause even with the weight issues and controversy going into the fight,Floyd outclassed Marquez so easily that one would have to be hard pressed to see it being any different even if they fought in a pound for pound sense at 135.

Now that time has passed how do you feel about this win,does the weight issues hang over your head that much?....or has become a moot point as time has gone on?
TBH, you would rate any ********** fight higher no matter what!

You would rate ********** vs. Judah higher than Tszyu vs. Judah higher.

*****s should not be allowed to rate !
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
and JMM would also be faster, and more powerful with his punches. He would definetly given Floyd a better fight.
I agree but again Floyd would still have had both of those advantages at those weights also, me personally I thing the degree of separation of speed and power are the same as the weights(142/146) that they fought at and the weights of 130/35 where they previously fought at.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

I was actually re-watching the fight a couple days ago...I too give Floyd more credit now than I initially did...I was bitter about the weight, but after watching it, Floyd didn't even use his weight advantage to beat JMM, so to me it tells me Floys beats JMM wether he weighs 135 or 147.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #22
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
How does a couple of pounds equate to being slow all of a sudden??? What would he have done better if he was lighter????

Pacquiao seems to put on pounds and gets faster!!!! Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Why is Pacquaio fighting Marquez 4 years later and 2 years after Floyd beat him at this blown up weight???? Complete Bull**** fight in my eyes.

The ww champ picking on the Lw champ is a disgrace to boxing in 2011!

And for your information, im not very thrilled about the Pac/JMM rubber match happening. Should of happened immediatley after their 2nd fight.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #23
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
TBH, you would rate any ********** fight higher no matter what!

You would rate ********** vs. Judah higher than Tszyu vs. Judah higher.

*****s should not be allowed to rate !
Shut the **** up asshole! He's not a *****, you're just an insecure Pac****. ****ing Pac****.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #24
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
Shut the **** up asshole! He's not a *****, you're just an insecure Pac****. ****ing Pac****.
That was a first for me to be called a *****.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
dranon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2185

Ive noticed a trend of people trying to discredit this win. Mayweather dominated a very good fighter in Marquez who gave Pac all he could handle and this seems to make Pacquiaos cheerleading section on this forum very uncomfortable.The same way that Mayweathers fans get uncomfortable when you mention how easy Pac knocked out Hatton after he gave Floyd Trouble early in their fight. Is it so hard to give credit were it is due? Styles really do make fights and Mayweather was just too good for Jmm end of story.
dranon is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #26
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree but again Floyd would still have had both of those advantages at those weights also, me personally I thing the degree of separation of speed and power are the same as the weights(142/146) that they fought at and the weights of 130/35 where they previously fought at.

I agree with Floyd still being faster and stronger, yeah. But i have to disagree on those advantages being the same as when they fought. JMM's timing and reflexes were hella sharp at 130lbs, at 142lbs where he fought Floyd, they were waay off.

But like i said, Floyd's style woill always be a nightmare for JMM, and he would beat JMM at any weight, No argiments on that. I just happen to think it wouldnt be as one sided as it was in their actual fight.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #27
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
That was a first for me to be called a *****.
I've been called a ***** a few times...The last time was because I said Pac would lose via KO to SRL.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #28
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
And for your information, im not very thrilled about the Pac/JMM rubber match happening. Should of happened immediatley after their 2nd fight.
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #29
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree with Floyd still being faster and stronger, yeah. But i have to disagree on those advantages being the same as when they fought. JMM's timing and reflexes were hella sharp at 130lbs, at 142lbs where he fought Floyd, they were waay off.

But like i said, Floyd's style woill always be a nightmare for JMM, and he would beat JMM at any weight, No argiments on that. I just happen to think it wouldnt be as one sided as it was in their actual fight.
Fair enough brother, I wonder how Floyd's win over JMM will be viewed if JMM happens to give Pac another tough fight or at the very least wins a couple of rounds even if he happens to lose by T/KO.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #30
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
For starters, Floyd didnt skip 2 weight divisions like JMM did. Floyd wasnt exactly at a style disadvantage here, plus Floyd was quite comfortable at 147lbs, while JMM was already in decline at 135lbs..then he jumped up two more divisions.
In decline??
He was coming off stoppage wins over Casamayor and Diaz!! Hev was in the form of his life and considered p4p #2!

He got beaten by Mayweather,and then went back to kicking ass at 135. How was he "in decline"?

Floyd was a small welter, who had 18 months previously been fighting at 140.

The weight diffence was the same. The height difference was even more obvious.
irishny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum