Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
Floyd didn't even use his weight advantage to beat JMM, so to me it tells me Floys beats JMM wether he weighs 135 or 147.
This is actually very true, Floyd didn't need the weight advantage to beat Maruqez. That's why it disappoined me so much when he didn't even try to make the promised catchweight. Dude didn't even take it to chance. That just shows a lack of heart and professionalism to some degree (in my opinion).

And just as people are critical for somebody like Wlad for dominating smaller fighters but not stepping on the gas to get them outta there at times, we should hold Mayweather to the same standard. It's not like Marquez was running or anything. Hell Floyd hurt him early and didn't even follow up. That along with the catchweight issue is what taints that victory for me to a degree.
Montero is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #32
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

If Floyd had used his size advantage to bully JMM around, or to wear him down, I'd be more inclined to not give him much credit...The simple fact that he used pure technical skill to beat JMM, even being faster even though weighing more, I have to give Floyd credit.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #33
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If they fought at a lower weight Marquez probably would have been faster. At the same time Mayweather may have been faster as well. Mayweather is better then Marquez, no matter the weight he will always have longer reach and superior athletic ability over Marquez. Out of all the fights though this one is understandable for when people don't give him credit for it. It it was it was.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #34
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
I've been called a Flomo a few times...The last time was because I said Pac would lose via KO to SRL.
Even though I am a Floyd fan, when they call me a Flomo.

I ask them why / how?

They never answer because they can only say that I either dont think Pac is God or I disagree with them which makes me a Flomo.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #35
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

I'm reserving judgement until after the pac-jmm 3 fight.

if pac mauls jmm then the win means nothing.

if pac struggles with jmm it means very little.

if jmm beats pac it means quite a bit.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #36
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Just wait until the trilogy ends here. Bobs going to be even more hesitant to make the PBF fight. PBFs win will look that much greater.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #37
oskar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

PBF did use his weight advantage that's why he got the heavier hands and have a better punch resistance and that's the reason why they don't want to weigh him officially, they just said he weigh blah, blah though we can see that it's a lie due to the size disparity on fight night. PBF also use his height and reach advantage as a bigger man which is so obvious. Why do you think PBF keeps calling Pac a midget who's got the same size as JMM. Who would win between an elite small boxer and an elite big boxer with all the advantage of the bigger guy it would be ignorant to give credit not unless the small boxer wins.
oskar is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #38
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I'm reserving judgement until after the pac-jmm 3 fight.

if pac mauls jmm then the win means nothing.

if pac struggles with jmm it means very little.

if jmm beats pac it means quite a bit.
as it stands, if I had to give a verdict it'd just be that a comebacking WW beat the best LW, nothing overly special on it.

despite his poor showing at WW, jmm find himself in a situation where he weighs almost exactly the same as pac, considering their history a fight is credible, but again a win for pac would be a WW beating a LW, nothing overly special on it.

however, if jmm beats pac then Floyd has a victory over the next WW champ and the win does look special.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #39
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 9633

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
PBF did use his weight advantage that's why he got the heavier hands and have a better punch resistance and that's the reason why they don't want to weigh him officially, they just said he weigh blah, blah though we can see that it's a lie due to the size disparity on fight night. PBF also use his height and reach advantage as a bigger man which is so obvious. Why do you think PBF keeps calling Pac a midget who's got the same size as JMM. Who would win between an elite small boxer and an elite big boxer with all the advantage of the bigger guy it would be ignorant to give credit not unless the small boxer win.

But at the same time, Floyd did outbox JMM but your post also factors into the equation. An elite 147 fighter fighting an elite 135 fighter.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #40
oskar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22 View Post

But at the same time, Floyd did outbox JMM but your post also factors into the equation. An elite 147 fighter fighting an elite 135 fighter.
PBF box that's his style but with the given advantage it wouldn't be too hard to do. If JMM got the size of Paul Williams would PBF be able to easily outbox him? I think not...
oskar is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #41
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
I can't exactly explain why but for some reason I tend to rate Mayweather's win over Juan Marquez higher,maybe it has to do with me watching both of Marquez's fights with Pacquiao last week......Not that I ever completely disregarded Floyd's win but I was one of those people who knocked him for not getting the knockout win but in reality that would have not made Floyd looked good in terms of credibility cause it would have been seen as a "big man" bullying a "little man".

Floyd outclassing Marquez with sheer and superior boxing skills was the right thing to do in hindsight cause even with the weight issues and controversy going into the fight,Floyd outclassed Marquez so easily that one would have to be hard pressed to see it being any different even if they fought in a pound for pound sense at 135.

Now that time has passed how do you feel about this win,does the weight issues hang over your head that much?....or has become a moot point as time has gone on?
I think its a good win. The weight isnt why Marquez lost. Many a time fighters go up in weight and perform well. Marquez went up to face the best in the world and came out on his toes. He fought like a warrior coming off a ko win, lost and went on to two back to back wins one being a tko. Def rate it higher than the judah or gatti win
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #42
Tranquillity
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty View Post
you know the rules.. Floyd gets no credit.. Shit he don't even get credit for ortiz and he did not even win yet.. Meanwhile pac is fighting marquez and will get all the credit for whatever.
Do you think floyd deserves credit for the fight against JMM?

Guy came in overweight is BS enough and for JMM to move up two weight divisions meant everybody knows the result beforehand.

I'll give him credit against Ortiz if Ortiz brings the fight.

Pac is a different story since he is a smaller guy and Pac had problems with JMM before. But if the increase weight limit make the fight uncompetitive then I'll give Pac no credit either. Depends how JMM looks in the fight really.
Tranquillity is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #43
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

I don't rate Floyd's win over hatton, Shane, Marquez, Judah, De la Hoya. But i would give him credit for beating a young hungry lion in Ortiz. Even though Ortiz has been dropped by Berto and Maidana a man who couldn't put down Khan and Old Morales. But he is a young hungry lion or a prime tiger.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #44
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was a bad fight for JMM, a counter puncher vs a faster counter puncher.
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #45
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I don't. He beat a champ from two divisions down. That would be like Ward taking on a 154 pounder and dominating. In fact, it looks even worse now that he's bragging about it.

To be fair, I won't put give Pac a ton of credit to beating him at 140+ either.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum