Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #61
oskar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Pac will get credit if he beat JMM because both off them are the same size and they got history at the lower weight plus the fact that Pac's style is tailor made for JMM but if Pac came 150+ plus on fight night it will weigh the credibility of his win...
oskar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #62
celiac trunk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
I've been called a Flomo a few times...The last time was because I said Pac would lose via KO to SRL.
coming from someone who said oscar delahomo would kill pac with one jab ?

 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #63
oskar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

What's funny is asking for the proof that PBF is 160 on fight night, it's like asking for the proof that Pac is on peds which is ironic.
oskar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #64
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGLEWOOD CA
Posts: 11,425
vCash: 740
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiac trunk View Post
coming from someone who said oscar delahomo would kill pac with one jab ?

prime for prime Oscar destroys Pac with his shotgun like jab...No doubt.
IsaL is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #65
wilgen99
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 228
vCash: 1000
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
You have no ****ing proof that he was 160 and you want me to prove to he wasnt?

Ignored.

Right. Don't accuse if you have no proof. Now, I just wonder, why do people keep accusing Pacman of using PED when there is/was no proof at all of PED use?
wilgen99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #66
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGLEWOOD CA
Posts: 11,425
vCash: 740
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgen99 View Post
Right. Don't accuse if you have no proof. Now, I just wonder, why do people keep accusing Pacman of using PED when there is/was no proof at all of PED use?
Another Pactard alt

-He's afraid of needles
-He bigger than me
-Blood tests weaken him
-Needs a month to recover from blood tests
-Needs 14 days to recover from blood tests
-Having a second peak in his career
-Looking faster and stronger after slowing down a bit in his career
-How about Pac avoiding random testing like the Plague, as if he's hiding and avoiding somthing.
IsaL is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #67
wilgen99
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 228
vCash: 1000
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
Another Pactard alt

-He's afraid of needles
-He bigger than me
-Blood tests weaken him
-Needs a month to recover from blood tests
-Needs 14 days to recover from blood tests
-Having a second peak in his career
-Looking faster and stronger after slowing down a bit in his career
-How about Pac avoiding random testing like the Plague, as if he's hiding and avoiding somthing.
Bro, relax. My post is neutral. My point is, accusing someone without proof is just unfair and stupid.. and fans of Floyd and Pacman riding on this bs does not help make the fight we all want to see. I am a fan of both and just like everyone else, it's gonna be a boxing holiday to see them finally fight.

And btw, I'm no Pactard's alt. I'm just someone who enjoyed being an ESB spectator for a long time. Peace!
wilgen99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #68
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I don't. He beat a champ from two divisions down. That would be like Ward taking on a 154 pounder and dominating. In fact, it looks even worse now that he's bragging about it.

To be fair, I won't put give Pac a ton of credit to beating him at 140+ either.
Marquez is a big lightweight,could easily fiht at light welter.

If Andre Ward dominated Sergio Martinez,I mean completely outboxedn him round 1-12,you wouldnt give him any props?
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #69
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Nothing changes the fact that EVERYONE knew going in that Floyd had every possible advantage and it was his fight to lose!
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #70
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

This fight was never competitive, JMM was bloated. It was an easy comeback fight for Mayweather where he looked great.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #71
Phat_Ass_Dude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loiza, Puerto Rico (but from Trinidad)
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
I can't exactly explain why but for some reason I tend to rate Mayweather's win over Juan Marquez higher,maybe it has to do with me watching both of Marquez's fights with Pacquiao last week......Not that I ever completely disregarded Floyd's win but I was one of those people who knocked him for not getting the knockout win but in reality that would have not made Floyd looked good in terms of credibility cause it would have been seen as a "big man" bullying a "little man".

Floyd outclassing Marquez with sheer and superior boxing skills was the right thing to do in hindsight cause even with the weight issues and controversy going into the fight,Floyd outclassed Marquez so easily that one would have to be hard pressed to see it being any different even if they fought in a pound for pound sense at 135.

Now that time has passed how do you feel about this win,does the weight issues hang over your head that much?....or has become a moot point as time has gone on?
Personally, I don't need time to pass by for me to appreciate FMJ victory over JMM. Everyone went on & on about the weight issue, but for me, that never really bothered me. Floyd doesn't beat fighters because of weight or size difference...he simply out-classes them with sheer boxing ability, speed, timing and precision, PLAIN & ****ING SIMPLE. And there were two things that stood out in that fight that would make any boxing fan appreciate Floyd Mayweather (for those who don't, You are just A HATER!).

1. Floyd has out-boxed plenty of fighters who were just not as talented nor had any overall Boxing ability to begin with. Guys like Corrales who was just a big puncher, Gatti who was just a brawler, same as Hatton and a few other fighters. But JMM is a skilled fighter. With excellent technique and one of the best counter-punchers of ALL-TIME! But Floyd made JMM look like an amateur for an entire 12 rounds.

2. Floyd was retired and in-active for almost 2 years (21 months) and was still able to look stellar...that's impressive.
Phat_Ass_Dude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #72
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat_Ass_Dude View Post
Personally, I don't need time to pass by for me to appreciate FMJ victory over JMM. Everyone went on & on about the weight issue, but for me, that never really bothered me. Floyd doesn't beat fighters because of weight or size difference...he simply out-classes them with sheer boxing ability, speed, timing and precision, PLAIN & ****ING SIMPLE. And there were two things that stood out in that fight that would make any boxing fan appreciate Floyd Mayweather (for those who don't, You are just A HATER!).

1. Floyd has out-boxed plenty of fighters who were just not as talented nor had any overall Boxing ability to begin with. Guys like Corrales who was just a big puncher, Gatti who was just a brawler, same as Hatton and a few other fighters. But JMM is a skilled fighter. With excellent technique and one of the best counter-punchers of ALL-TIME! But Floyd made JMM look like an amateur for an entire 12 rounds.

2. Floyd was retired and in-active for almost 2 years (21 months) and was still able to look stellar...that's impressive.
It did affect marquez, unless he does very well fro now on at 144 but he seemed fat and slow.
If they fought at 130 even 135 the fights wouldnt have been this wide, not saying marquez would have won for sure but he would have done better.
At the moment marquez has no business above 135 thus making any win above it against him quit meaningless, unless he somehow proves himself there it will be viewed upon that way.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #73
HAYEDAJOKE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,058
vCash: 75
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

154lb champ making the 135king move up weight and fight ==== coward
HAYEDAJOKE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #74
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
It did affect marquez, unless he does very well fro now on at 144 but he seemed fat and slow.
If they fought at 130 even 135 the fights wouldnt have been this wide, not saying marquez would have won for sure but he would have done better.
At the moment marquez has no business above 135 thus making any win above it against him quit meaningless, unless he somehow proves himself there it will be viewed upon that way.
I personally don't think JMM looked as slow and as powerless as people try to make out. This claim is slightly exaggerated because of how easy Floyd made it look. It also turns out that Floyd probably weighed no more than 152 pounds on fight night. So the massive weight advantage that we all thought existed, becomes almost a non-factor when you consider Floyd didn't even use his size and strength to bully him.

As mentioned already, the only thing which takes the shine off the win, is that Mayweather cheated him on the scales and JMM, by his own admission, didn't put the weight on as efficiently as he should have. If he knew Floyd would actually be as light as he was, he probably would have prepared better.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #75
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Va Beach, USA
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Default Re: As time goes on I rate Floyd's win over JMM higher.........

yea, but Pac's gonna destroy Marquez in their LAST fight...
W1LLPARK3R is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013